TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upfitter pkg pieces?

KR158

I am new to the kr world and hate the rockers and sill plates. Can we buy pieces off the up fitter package for our KR. I dont get how the kr up grade cost as much as the ss upgrade and comes with a 1/3 of the parts/upgrades etc and then they want another 18-20k to give us the things like sills, tvs, cf rockers etc the car should have come with.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am new to the kr world and hate the rockers and sill plates. Can we buy pieces off the up fitter package for our KR. I dont get how the kr up grade cost as much as the ss upgrade and comes with a 1/3 of the parts/upgrades etc and then they want another 18-20k to give us the things like sills, tvs, cf rockers etc the car should have come with.

they are available from a company in Ca called raceskinz(cf rockers) sill plates are specific to upgrade pkg.

Race skinz said they didnt have rockers for sale. I must have called 5 times and emailed them 5 times just to get a call saying no. I want the gt500kr sills and cf rockers. Shelby really did a great job but then just got greedy and took the parts off that should have been there. I was looking at the 40th kr mats and they are 250$ for 2 mats? Thats is crazy on an 80k car.

Maybe we can get a bucnh of KR owners together and try to buy the rockers and sills at one time from shelby. Why would they charge a kr owner another 16-17k on top of the 35k shelby package? Is it just greed?

I agree I do not want the whole package just part of it I do not understand why I have to buy the whole package. The seal plate are just plain stuiped in my SGT is has the serial number the KR should also have it.

Yeah, I'm surprised. I could of sworn that Shelby sold the CF rocker panels, but I just checked and didn't see them. I just put out a email to a contact at Carbign Craft. They made my CF rear views and suggested that they make these for the Shelbys. I will see if they can do it for us.

I will try to put a photo of the CF rear view mirrors, still learning how to do this stuff...

IMG_3131.jpg

You can buy everything separate that is part of the KR uplift package except the sill plates and teh CF rocker panels........thsi way SAI makes sure that only those who paid for teh package get all teh pieces AND are able to register teh package as such.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some being fabricated custom from my plastic rockers off my kr. Will post pics when done. Not sure of actual cost, but estimate is 1600 per pair. This company specializes in vette parts,but, they produced cf hood and fenders for Hajek racing bonneville salt flat 2010 mustang entry.

Now that I have the KR, the sill plates make me scratch my head. We should have gotten serialized KR sill plates for sure. If not serialized, at least ones that say "GT500KR".

Also agree about the rocker panels. We have a carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber splitter, carbon fiber mirror covers....why not rocker panels to set the rest off?

Lets face it, if they do not bring the KR moniker back, this car will remain somewhat rare and special, so they should have given the car a sweeping look over for finishing touches.

Now that I have the KR, the sill plates make me scratch my head. We should have gotten serialized KR sill plates for sure. If not serialized, at least ones that say "GT500KR".

Also agree about the rocker panels. We have a carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber splitter, carbon fiber mirror covers....why not rocker panels to set the rest off?

Lets face it, if they do not bring the KR moniker back, this car will remain somewhat rare and special, so they should have given the car a sweeping look over for finishing touches.

I dont know why shelby gave us svt sills? If it is greed and he wants more money so be it, just sell them to us. We all paid the price to own the KR and yet we still dont have all the touches the ss guys get for the same 30-34k shelby package. Even with this upfitter pkg we just get 20in alcoa wheels where as the ss guys wheels say super snake. For 16k out wheels should say KR or even better they should make a 19in set up for the KR. Also what happen if you already bought the shelby wheels, tvs and baer/shelby brakes and want the cf rockers and sills? Do we have to drop the 15-16k just to get those parts? I feel he would make us happy and make money by just selling us the cf rockers and sill plates. Every other item can be had already so not sure why he is holding out on the sills and rockers?

I dont know why shelby gave us svt sills? If it is greed and he wants more money so be it, just sell them to us. We all paid the price to own the KR and yet we still dont have all the touches the ss guys get for the same 30-34k shelby package. Even with this upfitter pkg we just get 20in alcoa wheels where as the ss guys wheels say super snake. For 16k out wheels should say KR or even better they should make a 19in set up for the KR. Also what happen if you already bought the shelby wheels, tvs and baer/shelby brakes and want the cf rockers and sills? Do we have to drop the 15-16k just to get those parts? I feel he would make us happy and make money by just selling us the cf rockers and sill plates. Every other item can be had already so not sure why he is holding out on the sills and rockers?

you dont get the wheels as part of the upfitters pkg...just tvs, and cf items and sills, etc

you dont get the wheels as part of the upfitters pkg...just tvs, and cf items and sills, etc

Are you kidding? I thought the pdf showed the wheels. So for 16 I get a 4k tvs, a set of cf rockers, a set of sills and a set of brakes? SO in all I get 10k worth of parts at best for 16k?

Are you kidding? I thought the pdf showed the wheels. So for 16 I get a 4k tvs, a set of cf rockers, a set of sills and a set of brakes? SO in all I get 10k worth of parts at best for 16k?

nope not kidding...

per Bud:

Here is the upfitters package for the 2008-2009 KR

The package includes the following componants................

Shelby Bear Extreme Brake Set--you choice of color---Blue--Black--Red--Silver

Shelby Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels

Special Shelby CSM Specific KR Door Sill Plates

Shelby GT500 KR Special Floor Mat Set

Shelby Gauge Pod

Shelby Ford Racing 605 S/C

Package price $16,800.00

We wanted to try and keep true to the KR lineage. So we will only offer the Shelby Ford Racing S/C. Also, the 20 " wheels can be purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. These wheels will be the exact same Shelby Forged Alcoa Wheels that SPP are selling now. Also wanted to let you know that the 20" Alcoa wheels are basically for show, not performance.

Just when I thought they were getting greedy this really shows the greed. I am sorry but that is BS. 17k for so little. You think he would upgrade cooling, suspension, interior etc for 17k on top of the 30k he charged for the kr package already.

if I get one, which i am hunting now for the possibility, i fully plan on getting the TVS dealer installed at time of purchase on the S/O

that is enough for me :)

CF rockers and the sills hold no value for me.

Ill get the signed dash pkg before i waste the $$ on the upfitter pkg.

Should have something extra. Hell the ss package for 30k gets wheels, drive shaft, brakes, suspension, hood, cf rockers, sills, exhaust, new blower, and a few other int things we dont get.

But we got less than 2,000 cars.......over 7,000 SS.....

Archived