TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford to announce pricing for 2007 Shelby GT on Friday

ColdwaterHotrod

Ford Motor Co. will announce pricing for the 2007 Ford Shelby GT -- starting at $36,970 , including shipping and applicable taxes -- on Friday.

The Shelby GT, with its enhanced 4.6-liter V-8 under the hood, is a collaboration between Ford and Carroll Shelby, CEO of Shelby Automobiles Inc. While it will start as a stock Mustang GT from the Flat Rock assembly plant, once it gets to the Shelby facility in Las Vegas, it will be lowered more than one inch and will have stiffer dampers and front sway bar installed to allow for faster cornering and better handling. It will also have a high-flow exhaust system added to give it a lower rumble.

The Shelby GT is the third model of the modern Shelby Mustang lineup, which includes the powerful GT500, which packs 500-horsepower, and the Shelby GT-H, a special Mustang available through Hertz rental centers.

"The Shelby GT will perfectly compliment the GT500, just like the original GT350 and GT500 did back in the 60's," Shelby said in a statement.

The first production 2007 Shelby GT will be auctioned at January's Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Event in Arizona to benefit the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Last January an early production 2007 Shelby GT500 was auctioned for $600,000.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/612210469

Although pricing has been announced, I have ordered my Shelby GT and it has been built and shipped to LV, are all the particulars available to the dealers so that we can actually finish a sales transaction? I was hoping to complete the paperwork/financing etc this week while I was off work but my dealer says he does not have all the info he needs and propably won't until after the first of the year. My dealer has been great and I have no reason to doubt him however it never hurts to double check. Can any other dealers or buyers substantiate or dispute this?

Although pricing has been announced, I have ordered my Shelby GT and it has been built and shipped to LV, are all the particulars available to the dealers so that we can actually finish a sales transaction? I was hoping to complete the paperwork/financing etc this week while I was off work but my dealer says he does not have all the info he needs and propably won't until after the first of the year. My dealer has been great and I have no reason to doubt him however it never hurts to double check. Can any other dealers or buyers substantiate or dispute this?

Asssuming he's aware of the "final pricing" provided by Ford, he may just be waiting on the official invoices which probably won't be available until just a few weeks before physical delivery.

One thing that is very unusual about the way dealers are invoiced for the Shelby GT is that the dealer receives an invoice for the car, then they get invoiced through their parts department for the Shelby pieces. He probably just wants to make sure that whatever deal he has with you squares with actual final costs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived