TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Be So Stingy With The Armor All

shelbymotorsports

EEKKKK!!!! :o

I used that stuff once on the first car I had...never again...Wow.

Better use the seat belts when sitting in that thing. That'd be like sitting in a frying pan sprayed with Pam! Yikes!

:hysterical2:

Now that's spitting coffee all over my keyboard funny, thanks.

One of the Armorall-sponsored Porsches lost several places at a Daytona 24-hour: they used the product on the body of the car, and when a conflict with another racer led to a need for body-work with racer tape, it wouldn't stick. They had to use a solvent on the body before they could effect repairs and rejoin the race.

I bought a gallon of Armorall in the early 70s, used it on everything. Vinyl top and plastic rear window on my TR7 was like new when I sold it after ten years. The only problem I ever had was the garage floor was pretty slippery for quit a while.

Otherwise, used per instructions (Generous spray, let it sit 12 hours or overnight, wipe down thoroughly), I still prefer it for plenty of vinyl and rubber uses, including tire sidewalls. Wouldn't use it on leather, though.

My wife likes to use it on her car's paint: not as shiny-bright as real polish and wax, but easy to clean and last a long time.

Theres enough there to do about 4-5 interiors. Thats just nuts. I could just see the back of someones pants or shirt after sitting in that.

New marketing ad, "If you like greasy, shiny, and cant touch it Armor all is for you."

I read years ago that Armor All was bad for the vinyl & plastic, so I quit using it. But wow, that guy is not afraid to use it, and a lot of it!!

TRUE STORY

called wife on a Friday morning and told her I was leaving work early. Asked if she wanted to clean up the motorcycle and make a weekend run to the mountains. She was estactic and said hurry home.

got home, loaded up...mtc looked great...went up the drive way and made r/hand turn....there we were, both us laying in the road w/ a mtc on top of us. Needless to say, no more Armor All at our house. Had to wipe down seat w/ alchol and went on our way for a laughing good time! That was back in the late 80's. :happy feet:

Just like STP, makes everything feel smoother, quieter, longer! I've probably used a 55 gallon drum of Armor All in my lifetime. Used to bet on a bottle of Armor All and a bottle of 409 adding $200 to the price of any old used car i had for sale.......

24 years ago I used that stuff on the squad bench of the rescue truck. We had a patient transport that day and I kind of hit the brakes a little too hard and I heard a smack against the cabinets and then $**^***&.

It was the paramedic!!

We have since promoted up through the ranks and are at different stations but I run into him a couple times a year and he still gives me stress about that!!!

Archived