TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIPOFF at > $38K

wildcat

+2

+3

I looked at Saleen, Roush, and a few other aftermarket Stangs and the Shelby GT is right there with the value. To me I like the styling better, it is not over the top (in my opinion) and that was one of the big draws. I have always wanted a Shelby but can't afford one of those...even the GT500 with the 20K+ people are still charging over. In addition, this car is better balanced and more of what I want. Finally I liked that you can "customize" it from Shelby with additional items that are still under warranty and put on by professionals. (The GT500 had very few options from Ford, not that it didn't come with most the things I wanted)

I don't have the time (Uncle Sam is pretty demanding) nor the tools to do it myself. So I get the car I want, in a limited format, with options on it already, and at a price I think is fair. Some may not think so but that is why there are so many choices out there for people. Ok, I didn't do a spell check so SCGT can now make another post correcting whatever I did wrong. :cry:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out Amy, we have several school teachers here on this site. SCGT is one of them. He has been holding back on you, but you just opened up the door for him with that post. He now has you pegged as fair game. Be careful hun, he'll get you everytime. :stats:

Did you just call Amy Boylan....hun? :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

We could talk about spelling....

Suger

Sugar :idea:

???

:hysterical2:

Absolutely right, I wish we had spell check, and it was after midnight, and my shoe laces were untied.....and

thanks for pointing it out :D

Amy

Yep. :wub:

Trying to get some brownie points. :hysterical:

It's all right Grabber, Your aces in my book! :yahoo:

On the spelling, I will be more careful, I just don't check, but I will from now on :read:

and I will try to be an :angel: going forward.

Maybe I can just use emoticons :shades: lol

Amy

Amy.

"On this topic, in many ways I agree, but there was no way to get it lower, I tried. The gas guzzler tax, the shipping is enormous, "

If I pick up my car in Vegas, will I get the extra shipping cost refunded?

Ross

Hi Ross, It's a per car cost, so the rate is lower across the board because I pay for a total of 6000 cars. I will still pay to have it delivered to me, but I have to check. The shipping is paid on a contract with shipping companies, it is across all cars regardless of where they go, so a car to California dealer is same cost as a car to a NY dealer. This way the cost was lower overall and so was the insurances. This is also based on number of cars perload as well. The pickup at Vegas is an option for the customer, I don't think it will affect the overall shipping because to pick up the car requires a lot of extra work by us, storage, security, handling, detailing and when the car is picked up I believe there is the personal service as well.

Amy

This software has a spell checker built in.

Each time you mis-spell a word in the post screen, it is underlined in red.

Cool, now everyone will know that I cannot spell for crap............... :hyper: :stats::redcard::stop::shift:

Later Gators................

On a separate note, I am with the personal modders. Would I get a GT500 if it was at or below MSRP, you bet ya! Not interested in the Shelby GT though, I think it is over rated as well as some others here, but I will not go so far as to say it is a "rip off". But, I have no problem modding my GT up to be faster than a Shelby GT for much less money! I can bolt on parts just as good as the guys that work for Shelby, don't kid yourself in thinking they are doing anything special. Will it be worth as much as a Shelby GT in like 10 or 12 years? Who cares! If I even still have my car by then, I will give it to one of my boy's to drive as a first car, which they will probably destroy because teenagers will be teenagers. Man, that sounds funny, my oldest son is only 4, time flies, just get the car that you want and be happy, I am. People who are in love with Shelby have a right to have their opinions. Personally I miss the "SVT COBRA". But the important thing is that everyone will enjoy their cars, and that is all that matters, right! As some else said, they are all Fords and Mustangs at heart! YamaStang Out.

yes, we know, every time you misspell a word, SCGT will "highlight" it, and like Microsoft, several suggested spellings will be provided. :hysterical:

ok, that's funny......

Amy

ok, that's funny......

Amy

Thought everyone would be interested I just finished reading my Modified Mustang magazine, and there was a nice interview with Amy in there. If you don't get that magazine, you don't know what you are missing, they are great for us personal modders who like to make their car's trick. Good interview also Amy.

Some current prices on other specialty stangs

2007 Saleen 3V (non-SC) base price $43,711 (no options)

2007 Saleen SC $52,719 (no options)

2007 Roush Sport CORE COMPONENTS - $6,487 + S&H

2007 Roush S1 CORE COMPONENTS - $9,035 + S&H

Roush S 2 CORE COMPONENTS - $11,635 + S&H (ebay buy it now $40,325.00 )

Roush 427R CORE COMPONENTS - $15,000 + S&H (ebay buy it now $46,707.00 )

Roush S 3 CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H

2007 New Foose Stallion Special Edition Mustang GT $40,000+

2007 A.J. Foyt "Coyote Edition" $39,571.00

Wow, someone has done their homework, I'm thinking we are looking pretty good, still wish it was better, but I feel better.

How many of the above will hold their value through the years or maybe even grow in value?;)

A

Thought everyone would be interested I just finished reading my Modified Mustang magazine, and there was a nice interview with Amy in there. If you don't get that magazine, you don't know what you are missing, they are great for us personal modders who like to make their car's trick. Good interview also Amy.

Thanks, I haven't seen the new MM yet, but thanks for the nice comments..

Amy

My point exactly.....These competitors ain't cheap, and they are comparable to the Shelby GT in both pricing and performance.

Wow, someone has done their homework, I'm thinking we are looking pretty good, still wish it was better, but I feel better.

How many of the above will hold their value through the years or maybe even grow in value?;)

My point exactly, part II. Of any of the "specialty" Mustangs out there, which one would be most likely to either depreciate the least and even increase in value? The Shelby. The name is synonymous with performance Mustangs, and is legendary all over the world. And I'm not slapping the competition, these guys make good product, but overall I believe the S-GT wins hands-down.

My point exactly.....These competitors ain't cheap, and they are comparable to the Shelby GT in both pricing and performance.

My point exactly, part II. Of any of the "specialty" Mustangs out there, which one would be most likely to either depreciate the least and even increase in value? The Shelby. The name is synonymous with performance Mustangs, and is legendary all over the world. And I'm not slapping the competition, these guys make good product, but overall I believe the S-GT wins hands-down.

I agree with you, Crispy... The Shelby will far outlast the competition when it comes to long term value for the investment. :yup:

"Investment?"

:hysterical2:

QUESTION:

What one thing can you DO with a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H that you CAN'T do with a regular or normal type investment to make money?

ANSWER:

In a regular or normal type investment your money either sits at a bank earning intrest in a bank account or some type of CD. With a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H you can have that same amount of money sitting in your garage where you can have access to anytime you want w/o pentally for an early withdrawal & you can drive it (or drive your money) around town or take it on vacation where others can enjoy & share your car as it was meant to be. Years later you will be far better off & had way more excitement using your money (car) than if it had sat in a bank account where you could never touch it.

Life is short, so invest in something that can be driven today & have value 10+ years down the road vs. sitting in a bank & just growing moldy.

Live is short, so invest in something that can be driven today & have value 10+ years down the road vs. sitting in a bank & just growing moldy.

I think you mean life is short. If that is what you mean, a correction should be made so you can get an A+.

Archived