TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer Eradispeed Rear Brake Kit

justindewoody

Hey guys, I just installed my Baer rear brake upgrade kit. It consists of the 14" drilled/slotted rotors and caliper brackets. The install was EXTREMELY easy and only took about 10 or 15 minutes per side. I'm still waiting for the front kit to arrive. Anyway, here's a few pics. They are from my BlackBerry, so not the greatest quality, but you get the idea. Also, I have a question for anyone who can provide some expertise...I took it for a spin around the neighborhood after the install just to check and make sure everything was cool. The only issue is that I got a little bit of noise from the pads rubbing on the new rotors, kinda like a metal sound if you know what I mean. I'm thinking that's normal for new rotors and the noise will go away after a little break-in period, but I just want someone to chime in and either confirm or deny my theory. Thanks.

post-25606-1256013721_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1256013736_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1256013742_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1256013721_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1256013736_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1256013742_thumb.jpg

The front kit is built-to-order, so they will be here in a couple more weeks (2 or 3 weeks). The rear kit costs about $579.99 and the front kit is about $2800.00. I got everything from Lethal. Jared and his team at Lethal are the best guys in the world to deal with, so I recommend going through them. As far as wheel size, you could probably get away with 18" wheels with these front brakes, but you would be much safer to go with 20" wheels. The calipers are HUGE. Also, I talked to the technicians at Baer this morning and they said the noise I'm hearing from my rear rotors is perfectly normal. When you have new rotors, they aren't smooth yet, so you will hear the "grinding" noise until they break in. The noise should go away soon. I can't tell if there is any more stopping power yet, because I have only driven the car around the block so far. I will let you know about that when I drive it some more.

The front kit is built-to-order, so they will be here in a couple more weeks (2 or 3 weeks). The rear kit costs about $579.99 and the front kit is about $2800.00. I can't tell if there is any more stopping power yet, because I have only driven the car around the block so far. I will let you know about that when I drive it some more.

Thanks Justindewoody. That front kit sure is pricey..but to be expected. Really cool following all that you have done to your car...I'll never do all the mods and quite frankly I don't have the cash to do it if I wanted to.

I just plan on keeping my car stock - may upgrade the stereo speakers at some point though. Can't really think of anything else.

Also, I have a question for anyone who can provide some expertise...I took it for a spin around the neighborhood after the install just to check and make sure everything was cool. The only issue is that I got a little bit of noise from the pads rubbing on the new rotors, kinda like a metal sound if you know what I mean. I'm thinking that's normal for new rotors and the noise will go away after a little break-in period, but I just want someone to chime in and either confirm or deny my theory. Thanks.

Hey Justin, the brakes look great!

Regarding the noise comment you made, I remember Dennis G. (Tasca Ford in RI) talking to someone at Tasca's car show last month about the Baer rear brake kit and a bolt torque issue that caused this noise. I apologize for the vague info, but I suggest calling the Tasca mod shop to see what you can find out about this.

Kevin

I really like the way the 2-pc rotors look. Those TF wheels really make the stock 11" rear rotors look puny; much nicer with 14" rotors. I wonder if Baer offers a matching 2 pc front rotor for use with the Brembos - would be a more affordable alternative.

I really like the way the 2-pc rotors look. Those TF wheels really make the stock 11" rear rotors look puny; much nicer with 14" rotors. I wonder if Baer offers a matching 2 pc front rotor for use with the Brembos - would be a more affordable alternative.

I already checked into that...and the answer is NO. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. You gotta get the entire front Extreme Plus kit. It's gonna look sweet though!!!!

Archived