TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Hertz Selling at Auctions

yrrej48

I was looking at the Manheim Auction report and they have sold 37 Hertz Shelbys at the auctions this month. These are dealer only auctions. All of them brought $60,000.00 or more. Makes my GT500 cheap.

How do you figure that it makes your GT500 Cheap. ???

How do you figure that it makes your GT500 Cheap. ???

wisa ass - you get the point. (and I say that with a smile)

60K for a beat on rental with X thousand miles or 60K (maybe less??) for a new 500HP GT500.

Not cheap but makes the taste a little less bitter for over the sticker I suppose....but i wouldn't have an interest in the GTh for the price of a GT - I don't see the point in buying a used rental that others have done everything under the sun to....but I know many do so to each their own I guess.

hell no!!!! simple math 500hp 45090.00 or 325 hp 60000.00. I'm 58 years old, by the time those gt hertz cars are classics i will have been gone a long time.

Probably true, but they still only made 500 of them compared to 10000. Id still rather have my GT500, but Im not counting on it being a collector car in the future.

hell no!!!! simple math 500hp 45090.00 or 325 hp 60000.00. I'm 58 years old, by the time those gt hertz cars are classics i will have been gone a long time.

Correction , You are 58 years young my friend...not old.

;)

I take it from the tone of the string you guys think $60K is too much?

Obviously the car is nothing like the GT500 on performance but I thought once they hit the auction they would go for stupid money given the collector value of the first generation Hertz cars and with such a limted number produced.

I take it from the tone of the string you guys think $60K is too much?

Obviously the car is nothing like the GT500 on performance but I thought once they hit the auction they would go for stupid money given the collector value of the first generation Hertz cars and with such a limted number produced.

what do you mean by "hit the auction"? when will that happen?

Several have already been auctioned off, and 10 or so were supposed to be auctioned off at Manheim yesterday, but they didnt run any of them. Not sure why.

One other thing, I'm pretty sure that Manheim is a wholesale auction only so retail resale "sticker" would probably run maybe $80?

I think 60k is a good investment, as auto investments go. As long as they don't do 500 GT-H's for another ten years plus. I also think they will see a good short term value inflation,"10 years or so".

Just my opinion.

The preceeding statement has been made under the duress of third degree psds, and addiction symptoms knowing my car is less then 5 day's from my dealer/ME.

Merry Christmas!

Archived