TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hell yeah, its here!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCMO-GT500

just picked up a voicemail from my cell; my shelby is at the railcar mixing station in kansas city and will be unloaded tonight. Will go down tomorrow and pick it up, and drive up to the dealer (about 30 miles) for the PDI; will do my own mini pdi before the trip, and probably do a small test of the sc on the way up :happy feet: :happy feet:

the smile has not left my face for the last hour; people are starting to comment and ask what kind of drugs I am using :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Thought I was prepared with lists, etc, and you know what, I feel like I am just running around in circles figuring out what to do next. Hopefully by morning I will be a bit calmed down, and get my ducks in a row. Luckily no bad weather predicted, 40s with a slight chance of drizzle, at least no ice or snow. Photos posted as soon as I get it home, but if you look at CWH's shelby, will be the same thing.

I really thought I had a few more weeks, since the status report never indicated that it made it through the striping process. I guess ford is not real good at updating their status system

NICE!!!

Congratulations...you're going to have a lot of fun tomorrow!

JR :banana piano: :banana piano:

thanks, I tend to not show a lot of emotion, but heck, this has gotten to me. I have had my eye on a shelby since Jan 05, and now its about to happen. Now I have to listen to wifey remind me that she has been telling me for the past 6 months to clear the garage. Guess what tonight's project is :hysterical:

congrats - You will love it and be in awe of the the power even bone stock. Then after that you will realize how nice the ride is and get a warm silly feeling. I suggest you keep TCS on for a while...especially if the roads are anything but dry ;)

Good luck sleeping tonight too.

congrats - You will love it and be in awe of the the power even bone stock. Then after that you will realize how nice the ride is and get a warm silly feeling. I suggest you keep TCS on for a while...especially if the roads are anything but dry ;)

Good luck sleeping tonight too.

thanks, good suggestion on the tcs. and sleep??? I don't think that is part of the equation tonight :happy feet: :happy feet:

actually, first task is to find a gas station on the way back that has decent gas. Really hard to find around here, darn EPA!!!! no wait, that's where I work :doh: must be someone else's fault :hysterical:

just picked up a voicemail from my cell; my shelby is at the railcar mixing station in kansas city and will be unloaded tonight. Will go down tomorrow and pick it up, and drive up to the dealer (about 30 miles) for the PDI; will do my own mini pdi before the trip, and probably do a small test of the sc on the way up :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats KCMO! You must have been very good this year...Santa brought you a great toy!

By the way, when was your's released from plant? I'm expecting mine anytime now and was curious if yours was released before the supposed 2-week hold.

the smile has not left my face for the last hour; people are starting to comment and ask what kind of drugs I am using :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Thought I was prepared with lists, etc, and you know what, I feel like I am just running around in circles figuring out what to do next. Hopefully by morning I will be a bit calmed down, and get my ducks in a row. Luckily no bad weather predicted, 40s with a slight chance of drizzle, at least no ice or snow. Photos posted as soon as I get it home, but if you look at CWH's shelby, will be the same thing.

I really thought I had a few more weeks, since the status report never indicated that it made it through the striping process. I guess ford is not real good at updating their status system

Take lots of pictures when you get her. Its a long journey but well worth the wait. Your joining an exclusive group of guys ( gals too ! ) .... be fast .. be safe

dond

Congrats KCMO! You must have been very good this year...Santa brought you a great toy!

By the way, when was your's released from plant? I'm expecting mine anytime now and was curious if yours was released before the supposed 2-week hold.

built on 11/30; because of how sparse the printout is, I am just assuming that it was release from plant on the same day. Its really weird because the status after that point was never updated. Just showed up. Go figure.

John

Take lots of pictures when you get her. Its a long journey but well worth the wait. Your joining an exclusive group of guys ( gals too ! ) .... be fast .. be safe

dond

thanks Don, and as I mentioned in pm, lets try to get folks into the suspension mod discussions, because that is probably going to end up being the most critical element. More hp is starting to look pretty easy.

built on 11/30; because of how sparse the printout is, I am just assuming that it was release from plant on the same day. Its really weird because the status after that point was never updated. Just showed up. Go figure.

John

thanks Don, and as I mentioned in pm, lets try to get folks into the suspension mod discussions, because that is probably going to end up being the most critical element. More hp is starting to look pretty easy.

john ... gotcha back ... will do and make sure you send lots of picts !

dond

KCMO GT500 - I'll be in Kearney on Saturday, December 23rd for Christmas at my wife's sisters house. Will you be around at 5:00 PM? I won't have my GT500, but would like to see a white with blue stripes in person. That was the color I struggled so long about getting. Ended up with red with white stripes. I love the car, but I still don't know that I made the right decision.

hsurb

Hopefully by morning I will be a bit calmed down

Deep breaths. In throught the nose - out through the mouth.

Better?

Congrats. Take loads of pictures tomorrow. Video would be nice, too.

I challenge you to keep your foot out of the throttle.

Yeah, right!

WooHoo, Ford comes through for the Kansas City Kid, man you have got to be on Cloud Nine. No boozing it up tonight, got to have a clear head for tomorrows big business and that first ride home. Remember about the "Valet Tune" and don't stall it in traffic, 1200-1500 rpm on take off, it's kind of all or nothing. Premium fuel, filler on the driver side. Don't get crazy right of way, use that traction control until you prepared to play.

And most important, put on the black leather jacket, the coolest shades you have and a grin from ear to ear. Suppose we won't hear from you for a while :party2:

Enjoy John :hyper:

Congrats -- You won`t believe this car until you get behind the wheel GOoD LUCK.

John

Wow, great news KC!

Built on 11/30... :ohsnap: Mine was built on 11/29, and I don't have it yet...and I'm closer than you are (Indiana). :banghead: I think SCGT has told them to slow down my car. :rant:

Dave

Wow, great news KC!

Built on 11/30... :ohsnap: Mine was built on 11/29, and I don't have it yet...and I'm closer than you are (Indiana). :banghead: I think SCGT has told them to slow down my car. :rant:

Dave

SCGT, pulled the crew off your car Dave, so they could focus on mine. This was the deal I made with him because he wanted the pool shots of Co-Pilot back. :cry:

Congratulations John, I know I have been praying for you but, this was fast and before Christmas. I know it will be hectic for you but give me a call when I can look at her. Have fun tomorrow and pictures please.

Larry

Congratulations John, I know I have been praying for you but, this was fast and before Christmas. I know it will be hectic for you but give me a call when I can look at her. Have fun tomorrow and pictures please.

Larry

I don't know what everyone else in hear thinks, but I'll bet KCMO is at home sleeping like a baby - NOT

The night before I took delivery, I couldn't get to sleep, and then woke up and 3:30 AM and never did get back to sleep. Now it's stored, just waiting for a dry day to get it out. It's been over two weeks since I drove it. It's killin' me.

hsurb

Great news John can't wait to see the photos and hear about your first drive. I got a thousand miles on mine and still have not had the traction control off. I'v gotten into plenty of (fun) like trouble with it on, this will be a great day. congrats

KCMO GT500 - I'll be in Kearney on Saturday, December 23rd for Christmas at my wife's sisters house. Will you be around at 5:00 PM? I won't have my GT500, but would like to see a white with blue stripes in person. That was the color I struggled so long about getting. Ended up with red with white stripes. I love the car, but I still don't know that I made the right decision.

hsurb

I can make a point of being around

home 816/628-6563

cell 816/590-8323

I am just a couple of miles south of town on 33, in the covered bridge area, your sister in law will know. I can drive into town also, assuming it really is here. It has been such a long wait, that I'm afraid to be completely optimistic until I actually see it.

John Bosky

Congrats, John.

Looks like we got the red, white and black colors covered for a springtime MO gathering!

Dave

absolutely, can't wait, already tired of winter, and it only officially started today :banghead:

Larry

tried to call you earlier; actually will drop off the shirt on the way in the morning, and on the way home will stop and see if you are there. If not, will come over another time.

John

I don't know what everyone else in hear thinks, but I'll bet KCMO is at home sleeping like a baby - NOT

The night before I took delivery, I couldn't get to sleep, and then woke up and 3:30 AM and never did get back to sleep. Now it's stored, just waiting for a dry day to get it out. It's been over two weeks since I drove it. It's killin' me.

hsurb

..amen to the nerves, wifey and I went to dinner to Chipotle for their big burritos. I could only get half of mine down, If you knew my eating habits, you would have thought it was the end of the world :hysterical:

..and a big thanks to all for your kind thoughts and words. I am somewhat afraid to give in completely to the excitement in case something goes wrong with the delivery tomorrow, but yeah, it is pretty exciting.

take care everyone

John

and hsurb, make sure to call me saturday, or sooner if that would work better. I am usually around, only have one gift left to buy (most important one - wife's)

Archived