TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Semi New Member

JAKETHESNAKE

Hi Im not completely new here but I thought I should introduce myself, Im Jake and I own S/D #1226, Im 16 and the second owner and bought it off my dads boss who lives down the street. It has 98 thousand miles on it and is 99% stock, the only thing thats not original is the exhaust the tips are from a 72 dart. It has new graphics, I stripped the old ones off with an astro wheel, 3M decal remover and paint thinner, and my dad installed the graphics (he's been in the body and paint buisiness all his life. my grandpa owned a few big body shops back in the day)

heres a pick of when I brought it home

P4170235.jpg

and a current pic

weiner002.jpg

l_0a935de3113f4c779310792c98bea473.jpg

weiner004.jpg

I have the original SHELBY floor mats and the OEM stereo and speakers

JTS

Looking good. We would never had guessed that mileage by the great shape you've got her in.

Great job.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I have to give alot of the credit to the previous owner for it looking so good he kept it garaged for 20 years and it stays in my garage now, the only thing I did when I got the truck was give it a full detail (under chassis, wax, interior cleaning etc.)

• 1 month later...

Well my Dakota just turned over 100,000 on saturday :cry: I have a question for Steve or anyone else that can answer this... just curious to why CS didnt put a manual trans in the Dakota's since he put a manual trans in all the other chrysler cars he did? I just thought it would have been cool to have a 4 speed manual trans

Well my Dakota just turned over 100,000 on saturday :cry: I have a question for Steve or anyone else that can answer this... just curious to why CS didnt put a manual trans in the Dakota's since he put a manual trans in all the other chrysler cars he did? I just thought it would have been cool to have a 4 speed manual trans

It all comes down to sales and there's no way the market would support a manual trans performance truck. Just like the Ford Lightning, the Chevy 454SS and the GMC Syclone trucks of the same time period, all came with automatic transmissions.

Performance cars and work trucks are different. Buyers expect a manual trans but then again look at the Corvette. GM sells many more automatic trans vettes compared to manual trans.

Steve

• 6 months later...

well tomorrow I'm hopefully going to get a sub to complete my sound system (want to hear it first to make shure I'm happy) I'm also considering getting window tint but....... I'm not sure on that yet. So far all the aftermarket stuff I've done has been completely removable so I can one day put it back to OEM "IF" it ever skyrockets in value.

Archived