TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Nor-Cal @ AED dyno day

kahmann

Advanced Engine Development is hosting a dyno day and BBQ for the guys of Team Shelby Nor-Cal on Sunday, November 15th, 2009 at 12PM.

They have an in floor chassis dyno and you can also get a detailed print out of your air/fuel ratio throughout the RPM band. 104 octane race fuel is available for purchase at the shop at $10/gallon.

We're basically renting the dyno for the day at a rate of $500 for the entire day. So the more cars we have, the cheaper it'll be for all of us. Also, bring a couple of bucks for a lunch ticket for a burger/hot dog/soda/etc. The $500 fee must be paid to AED by Sunday, November 1st. Please mail $50 to me asap. PM for my address and the details on refund, rain check, etc.

AED is located in Cameron Park at 4325 Product Drive. Click here for a map

AED specializes in Mustang modification, dyno tuning, engine builds, and suspension tuning (especially models from 95-09, 2V/3V/4V). They are the best in the area at what they do, in my opinion.

The guys at AED are very laid back, very knowledgeable, and a lot of fun to talk shop with.

I'd like to meet up in Sacramento and cruise all the cars out to AED together, if there's any interest. The shop is about 30 miles east of Sac up HWY 50.

We could meet up at Suzie Burger downtown, which is right off the 50 and would be a cool spot for some photos. Here's a map of Suzie Burger. Let's meet here at 11AM: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2820+p+st,+s...ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Here's the list of guys committed to going:

1. Ken - kahmann - 08 Shelby GT - PAID

2. Dan - AstroDan - 07 Shelby GT - NOT PAID

3. Dana - idrathergolf - 07 GT500 - PAID

4. Dan - Dans07SGT - 07 Shelby GT - PAID

5. Carl - bigcarl1 - 07 Shelby GT - PAID

6. Mark - Mickey_d - 07 Shelby GT - PAID

7. Michael - MMcGuirk - 06 Mustang GT - PAID

8. Gary - SR SNAKE - 07 Super Snake - PAID

9. Jim - DubStang - 08 GT500 - PAID

10. Brian - blkGT500nCA - 07 GT500 - PAID

11. Colin - GR40Freak - 09 GR40ST - NOT PAID

12. Brian - bdiddle - 07 GT500 - NOT PAID

13. Allen - me32 - 08 GT500 - NOT PAID

Pricing for the BBQ:

$1 each for water or soda

$7 for cheeseburger or hot dog, chips and a drink

$10 for cheeseburger AND hot dog, chips and a drink

All condiments will also be included.

AED_Logo.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to call them as see what they can do on my car. Depending on what they say I might be able to make it up there. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Alright man sounds good. Hopefully you like what you hear and can make it up for this! :)

Ken

I'd like to go too, but with a newborn at home, will have to wait a bit. Is it ok if I let you know in a couple weeks? Thanks for setting this up!

Jim

Yeah Jim of course. There's no huge rush for a final headcount right now at all.

By November 1st, however, I need to have a pretty good idea of how many cars and people will be there (food/parking/rates/etc), so just check in when ya can.

Congrats on your new baby!

Ken

Ken

Thanks for coordinating this. I am planning on being there.

Dana - maybe you and I can cruise together?

Michael

Glad you can make it Michael. I can't wait to check out your custom GT!

I'll put you on the list. :shift:

Ken

Alright man sounds good. Hopefully you like what you hear and can make it up for this! :)

Ken

I talked to them on Saturday. They can do my car and sound like good people. I have to call them about 2 weeks before I'm ready to do it to schedule it with them. I'm not sure they could do it the same day as this event though. I'm not sure I could go back up there so soon before or after I have it done if they can't do it the same day.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going to work out.

I talked to them on Saturday. They can do my car and sound like good people. I have to call them about 2 weeks before I'm ready to do it to schedule it with them. I'm not sure they could do it the same day as this event though. I'm not sure I could go back up there so soon before or after I have it done if they can't do it the same day.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going to work out.

OK dude, I'll keep ya off the list for now. I'm glad that AED is going to work out for you though. They really are a couple of cool guys that really instill a lot of confidence.

I've never heard a single person in the entire community complain about the work they do or the rate they do it at. If you can't make it up for the dyno day, let us know how the work turns out anyway. :)

Ken

Ken,

I would like to join in on the cruise. I'm not sure of the dyno work cuz my car is standard 07 SS with no mods other than the SS package.

Gary SR SNAKE 07 Super Snake

Thanks,

Gary

Awesome! There's always room for an SS. :happy feet:

You're on the list Gary.

Ken

Yeah Jim of course. There's no huge rush for a final headcount right now at all.

By November 1st, however, I need to have a pretty good idea of how many cars and people will be there (food/parking/rates/etc), so just check in when ya can.

Congrats on your new baby!

Ken

Thanks Ken. I sure hope I can make it. I'm heading to Griggs tomorrow to do some power upgrades (tune, pulley, CAI) and am curious what it will do on the dyno. I'll let you know soon if I can make it.

Jim

That's awesome man! :happy feet:

What's your name and year/model?

White 07 SGT california

Not sure if this post was intended for me or not, but I think it was. My name is Jim and I have a 2008 GT500. Ken, I met with John Griggs and Colin today. Car goes in Saturday for tune, pulley, CAI and now suspension. Yes they talked me into it. I am only starting with the rear (funding issues) and will eventually do the front. Looks like I am in for the 15th and will confirm tomorrow once my wife moves a supid previously planned event.

Thanks,

Jim

Hey thanks Dana. I'd love to hook up with you guys. Just let me know a spot that is convenient for you. I'm in Marin, but am happy to head East to meet up with you on 80 somewhere if that works for you. John and Colin spoke about your car today and what a beast it is. I look forward to meeting you and checking it out. Baby steps for me right now. These things are so fun to mod. Very addictive.

Jim

Hey thanks Dana. I'd love to hook up with you guys. Just let me know a spot that is convenient for you. I'm in Marin, but am happy to head East to meet up with you on 80 somewhere if that works for you. John and Colin spoke about your car today and what a beast it is. I look forward to meeting you and checking it out. Baby steps for me right now. These things are so fun to mod. Very addictive.

Jim

Jim,

John and Colin drove it when I had a bad tune and it was difficult to control. I got another tune from Jon Lund and it fixed the issue. I have to get it to Griggs again for the watts link, but waiting for better economic times to do that. As is, it is a beast, that is for sure. I want to run 100 octane and see what RWHP and torque I have. With the 100 octane tune and fuel, the car feels really fast and has better feel than the 91 octane tune.

I look forward to meeting up with you and will solidify the route with Mike once we get closer to the date. We should be heading up I-80 so pick a spot.

Dana

Jim,

John and Colin drove it when I had a bad tune and it was difficult to control. I got another tune from Jon Lund and it fixed the issue. I have to get it to Griggs again for the watts link, but waiting for better economic times to do that. As is, it is a beast, that is for sure. I want to run 100 octane and see what RWHP and torque I have. With the 100 octane tune and fuel, the car feels really fast and has better feel than the 91 octane tune.

I look forward to meeting up with you and will solidify the route with Mike once we get closer to the date. We should be heading up I-80 so pick a spot.

Dana

How about McDonald's at Cordelia Juntion? I know the plan is to be at AED by noon, but Ken wanted to meet up in Sac before hand. I'm thinking 9:30 to 10:00. Something like that.

By the way, how did your car drive after you completed the Griggs setup on the rear only?

How about McDonald's at Cordelia Juntion? I know the plan is to be at AED by noon, but Ken wanted to meet up in Sac before hand. I'm thinking 9:30 to 10:00. Something like that.

By the way, how did your car drive after you completed the Griggs setup on the rear only?

I only had some spirited driving on a few high speed turns on the hwy interchanges so I wasn't able to get a complete feel, but from what I could tell the understeer was very obvious. Once I put the coilovers up front and adjusted it was much better although the understeer is still there, which is still a 100% improvement over the other system I had in the car.

I live in Suisun and would like to join you if you meet up at Cordelia! The bigger the (Shelby) convoy, the better!

Dan

The $500 dyno fee needs to be paid 2 weeks in advance. I'll send a PM with my address shortly, so we can get it guaranteed and reserved.

Ken

EDIT: Jim, are you confirmed for the dyno day yet?

Ken, I am confirmed. I'm cruising up with Dana, Mike and Dan.

Thanks again,

Jim

Ken, I am confirmed. I'm cruising up with Dana, Mike and Dan.

Thanks again,

Jim

Great news! I look forward to meeting you. I'll add you to the list now.

Ken

p.s. You're going to love the Griggs setup. I have the GR40ST rear suspension myself and swear by it. Congrats! Let us know how you like it.

Archived