TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss engine specs

EXVp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How much would I LOVE :wub: to see this under the hood of a Boss 302 Mustang!!! :drool::drool:

+1, oh, yeah!

Well, we do 'know' some things on the H/Boss. It's not a 5.0. It will most likely be 6.2L in the F-series for MY'08 as a 2V SOHC with bore spacing roughly equivalent to the old FE-series (332/352/390/427/428) and likely with packaging and engineering similar to the new 3.5L V6, including VVT and provisioned for Direct Injection, because a new engine that doesn't incorporate such is unthinkable at this point.

Will it wind up in a Boss Mustang -- likely, imo, as a 5.8 (or 6.2). In MY'09? Dunno, but likely. In alloy? That's the big Q for me. No evidence of any casting orders or any other activity that I'm aware of (not saying much <lol>) for anything H/Boss in alloy. It could be that it's being farmed out to one of the alloy casting plants in Ontario or elsewhere that Ford sold a couple years ago to a joint-venture and is Ford Q1 certified (just my own research.. dunno if any of it is meaningful) or to Teksid or one of a couple other qualified casters. Or maybe state-of-the-art Carbon Grahite Impregnated pressure-cast thin wall technology is being considered?? No evidence of that either, at all.

Ok, the $64,000 Q: When will we see a DOHC H/Boss 42x in alloy in a Mustang? Hopefully by the ground-up redo in MY'12. That will make my day!!! :headspin: :hyper: :drop:

So, what do we 'know?' Not too much, but the base F-series 2VSOHC seems very real and very soon and cvery apable of much bigger cid if needed and is most likely a totaly ground-up spanking-new design.

Btw, if anyone hears anything on anything vaguely realted to anything above, I'd really love to hear of it ;-)

Just released.... Have you seen this Bullitt motor?

Sounds more like a Boss 281 ;) or the basis of several cars in various chasis, trim and adders (Bullitt, GT350, Boss???).

Seems clear that if theis 4.6 is 400HP with the new manifold then the 5.4 iron Boss at 380HP had to be pure finctional "leak" gamesmanship, since few will buy a 5.4 iron Boss. I like this new development!!!

Dan

Just released.... Have you seen this Bullitt motor?

Sounds more like a Boss 281 ;) or the basis of several cars in various chasis, trim and adders (Bullitt, GT350, Boss???).

Seems clear that if theis 4.6 is 400HP with the new manifold then the 5.4 iron Boss at 380HP had to be pure finctional "leak" gamesmanship, since few will buy a 5.4 iron Boss. I like this new development!!!

Dan

Just saw it, thanks for sharing. I agree totally, I love this new development!! :happy feet: The engine could be used as the basis for several models as you outlined which makes "business sense" since the development costs would be spread out over a greater range.

If this engine does indeed power the Bullitt, it would seem the iron 5.4L Boss could have been a clever rouse...or that Ford really does still intend to use the 5.4L in the Boss :banghead:

And now I find this! <sigh>

I wish Ford would coordinate their 'false leaks' better <lol>

-Dan

Yes, I read this as well - guess we will just have to wait to separate fact from fiction, truth from fabrication, etc.

I'll maintain my prior position, either Ford needs to produce a 400 hp DOHC alloy 5.0L mod engine for the Boss 302 or wait until the new H/Boss is ready for prime time and produce a 5.8L Boss 351.

Archived