TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch/Flywheel TSB Done - Great Experience

BEEKAY GT500

mine is a 11.01.06 build and i wasnt having any signs of the clutch problems until last week. i was getting some slippage and thought to myself- aw crap. i remembered a post by someone who had the tsb done at FRONTIER FORD in san jose. turns out it was aonebadbone (art) and bdiddle (brian) who both went their with nothing but positives to say. the guy they both were reccomended to was darren jackson. i called him up on monday and let him know i was having problems.

darren- when do you want to come in

i was expecting to have to wait for the parts.

me - i said how about wednesday since there is a big storm coming in tomorrow and i dont drive the car in the rain.

darren - no problem.

me - one more thing, will it be a problem if my car is modded.

darren - what do you mean.

me - i have the tvs supercharger with aftermarket tune.

darren - shouldnt be a problem.

turns out roads were still wet come wednesday morning so i call him around 7:30 up and let him know i would not be making it.

darren - no problem, when you want to come in.

me - how about tomorrow if it doesnt rain.

darren- if it is dry i will see you if it is wet i wont eexpect you.

i was like sweet, the guy gets me.

got there around 7:30 and darren is out to my car before i can get out. we introduce ourselves and get the paperwork filled out.

one more thing had crossed my mind- the dynotech driveshaft and loop. i mention to him about it.

darren - if it is a probelm i'll have to charge you for the extra time.

me- no problem- seems fair.

they had the car done in under 5 hours.

the driveshaft/loop was not an issue. he and the master mechanic even mentioned they indexed the driveshaft. i was like thats what i love hearing. i didnt even have to ask for that.

i'll definetly be contacing darren jackson for any needs i have in the future. i just had a bmw x5 serviced 2 weeks ago and the comparison between the two service advisors was not even close. i cant say how EASY it was to work with darren. some guys in customer service just get it. they know how to treat the customer.

Thanks for letting us know, do u notice a big difference in the clutch action after the tsb? I went to walnut creek ford awhile ago and the tech said that I didn't need the tsb after coming back from a test drive. At what rpm did u feel slippage?

yes, there is a difference. the clutch is much softer an engages with less release. i stalled the car when i pulled out. :doh: darren told me it was due to the updated slave cylinder. i prefer the stffer clutch. i know many prefer a softer one but not me. i was getting slippage in 4th/5th around 1500 when i went wot. if i didnt have any issues i wouldnt have done it. what makes you think you need it or is it just prevenative?

yes, there is a difference. the clutch is much softer an engages with less release. i stalled the car when i pulled out. :doh: darren told me it was due to the updated slave cylinder. i prefer the stffer clutch. i know many prefer a softer one but not me. i was getting slippage in 4th/5th around 1500 when i went wot. if i didnt have any issues i wouldnt have done it. what makes you think you need it or is it just prevenative?

more preventative then anything else, just wondering if your engagement point was any lower after the tsb. My clutch catches really hi on the pedal, to the point that I sometimes think that it not fully engaged.

What was the approval process? By that, I mean who approved the TSB. Did the dealer have to have it approved by someone at a higher level or looked at after the clutch was removed. Every damn dealer I go to says they are afraid to do the TSB for me because they are afraid it will not be approved after the work is done.

Archived