TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT - Lifetime MPG

Yes, please share how you got those, 08SGT1977.

23 MPG too! That's great. I get 14 MPG - all short trip driving.

You guys in the Army too? Here's the GI proof instructions (ha ha!).

Go to the odometer and record the mileage. Select the info button until you get "Gallons used" and record the lower number (lifetime). Here's the tough part for us soldiers: divide the miles by gallons to get the lifetime MPG. Post it here for all to see. Let us know if you are supercharged/turbocharged etc.

Mine was 24 MPG but I have been running 20" wheels for a few weeks and it's getting colder.

I know it's about smiles per gallon as we bought these cars for their performance but thought it was amazing to get more than 20 MPG in a muscle car!

I reset Gallons Used after every fill-up. It usually differs from actual gallons injected into the tank by half a gallon in ten. That's a five percent optimistic figure by car computing. 24 mpg x .95 = 22.8 -- still good for a performance car.

My Lifetimes, by actual miles and actual gallons, and including a whole lot of autocross and drag-racing passes:

5-speed manual: 5775.1 / 270.113 = 21.38 (Last year's Terlingua trip, 2692.9 / 103.93 = 25.90)

Auto OD: 2455.3 / 133.731 = 18.36 (This year's Terlingua was about the same length and typically calculated at 21-25 MPG tank to tank; I logged all the miles and gallons, but haven't put them in the spreadsheet yet)

Go to the odometer and record the mileage. Select the info button until you get "Gallons used" and record the lower number (lifetime). Here's the tough part for us soldiers: divide the miles by gallons to get the lifetime MPG. Post it here for all to see. Let us know if you are supercharged/turbocharged etc.

Thanks 08SGT1977. I didn't recall seeing the gallons used on my readout. I'll have to re-check that in the morning.

nope, there's no other gallons used other than the one that has been reset... i might look in the manual at some point, but since i've owned it i'm pretty sure i'm around 22 mpgs and that's having a good amount of fun in it, so I'm happy :)

Yeah mine reset also. Either that or I'm getting 56 mpg.

Last April was the last time I reset it and since then my average is 19.8 mpg. Quite a surprise considering how I drive. I'm happy with that.

Ken our mileage is close, I'm at 32,304.

must be an '08 thing, my '07 doesn't have the lifetime numbers!

Mine doesn't have lifetime numbers...maybe they removed it for fear drivers would look at it while driving and have a heartattack when they saw the amount. :lurk:

That's okay though...I always wanted to get to know my local gas station attendant on a first name basis. :P

Mine doesn't have lifetime numbers...maybe they removed it for fear drivers would look at it while driving and have a heartattack when they saw the amount. :lurk:

That's okay though...I always wanted to get to know my local gas station attendant on a first name basis. :P

:hysterical:

It looks like the GT/SC will give you around 15mpg in return for ~500 horsepower and 20+mpg bone stock.

hmm - maybe I should record a video and post it. I have the premium IUP. I wonder if the computer is different in the premiums??

It shows the total gallons for the trip and the lower number is for the lifetime of the vehicle. The other is just your total miles. You have to do the math.

I would be interested in your numbers Carl, I know you like to go 150mph on your way to church. :hysterical:

hmm - maybe I should record a video and post it. I have the premium IUP. I wonder if the computer is different in the premiums??

It shows the total gallons for the trip and the lower number is for the lifetime of the vehicle. The other is just your total miles. You have to do the math.

I would be interested in your numbers Carl, I know you like to go 150mph on your way to church. :hysterical:

I've got premium IUP but I don't find this "lower number"..... :headscratch:

Maybe you could post a video!

I have IUP in mine, but I'm like Ilmor, I don't see anything but one line of numbers and it gets reset when I fill her up every time...A video of how to get to it or written instructions might help...or a page reference in the manual...

I just went out and looked at mine again...tried both single and dual mode on the display...single mode only shows one line of whatever it is that you are looking at...dual mode displays as follows:

Trip 168.7

173 Miles to E

22209.3 168.7

22.8 MPG

22209.3 168.7

MPG (up arrow) (down arrow)

7.4 Gals Used

22209.3 168.7

Time 0:00:00

22209.3 168.7

72 Avg MPH

22209.3 168.7

So assuming that your display is the same, when you look at the MPG, you get the MPG for the current setting, the odometer and the trip meter for your current trip, not the lifetime MPG...Unless I'm missing something like I said...I reset trip, mpg, time, all of that at every fill up.

So, if I take my mileage, 22209.3 and divide it by what I see in MPG, 168.7, I'm getting 131.649674 MPG!!!

The only way to get a "Lifetime MPG" to work is if you have never reset you computer data from day one.

You do realize that you can reset all the data (with the exeption of the odometer & miles to empty) on your computer?

When I fill up, I just flip through each selection and hit reset...

I only have resettable Gallons used but not Lifetime.

It's calculated by the way - based on RPM, stated fuel pressure from the fuel pump and the fuel injector ratings. I don't know if these parameters are updated when a Supercharger is added. It matters since the Kenne Bell kit includes new injectors and a boost-a-pump.

13,792 miles (+3,200 previous owner for 16,992 total)

21.2 average actual mpg

650 gallons

reset IUP each tank

Highest actual mpg = 27.2 trip over Cascade Mountains via I-12

Lowest actual mpg = 9.1 track day at PIR :burnout:

My Lifetimes, by actual miles and actual gallons, and including a whole lot of autocross and drag-racing passes:

5-speed manual: 5775.1 / 270.113 = 21.38 (Last year's Terlingua trip, 2692.9 / 103.93 = 25.90)

Auto OD: 2455.3 / 133.731 = 18.36 (This year's Terlingua was about the same length and typically calculated at 21-25 MPG tank to tank; I logged all the miles and gallons, but haven't put them in the spreadsheet yet)

Auto OD figures as of today:

4929.3 / 236.684 = 20.83 lifetime (Terlingua trip 10-08 to 10-12, 2300.6 / 102.953 = 22.346)

I'm still waiting to find the path to "Lifetime Gallons Used". Any hope?

Not a video but a few pics of how to obtain the lifetime mpg data:

Advance through the onboard computer screens using the "info" button.

13466_1070071651241_1809624113_166563_5028920_n.jpg

Advance until you find the mileage and record the lifetime mileage. My car shows 12,184.2 total miles on 29 OCT 09.

13466_1070071331233_1809624113_166562_8040571_n.jpg

Advance until you find the "gallons used" screen and record the number. This is a lifetime number. My car shows 527.9 on 29 OCT 09.

13466_1070070931223_1809624113_166558_1042192_n.jpg

12,184.2 / 527.9 = 23.08050767191 or 23.1 lifetime mpg on 29 OCT 09.

Archived