TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another nOOb with a new KR

Bit_Surfer

Greetings from Texas. I found this forum a couple of days ago and have looked it over some. Looks like the place to be for staying current on info related to the GT 500KR.

I just took delivery of a 2009 Vista Blue KR. I've had many Mustangs through the years including a 70 Boss 302 and a 69 Mach 1 R-code and I can't remember being as excited as I am about this one. It's so nice to own and drive what no doubt will go down as a modern American Classic. Very cool indeed!

I've not had enough seat time or manual reading time with it to formulate many intelligent questions but if any of you can provide me with some topic names of known issues I can search on, that would be great. I have looked at the splitter and hood issues and also the transmisssion issues. I'll delve into it all again this evening. Now it's time to go drive it like I stole it! :shift:

Here's a picture of my new KR.. Sure is fun to drive!

GT500KR.jpg

Greetings from Texas. I found this forum a couple of days ago and have looked it over some. Looks like the place to be for staying current on info related to the GT 500KR.

I just took delivery of a 2009 Vista Blue KR. I've had many Mustangs through the years including a 70 Boss 302 and a 69 Mach 1 R-code and I can't remember being as excited as I am about this one. It's so nice to own and drive what no doubt will go down as a modern American Classic. Very cool indeed!

I've not had enough seat time or manual reading time with it to formulate many intelligent questions but if any of you can provide me with some topic names of known issues I can search on, that would be great. I have looked at the splitter and hood issues and also the transmisssion issues. I'll delve into it all again this evening. Now it's time to go drive it like I stole it! :shift:

GT500KR.jpg

Lucky man!! And welcome to TS - you were right, there are good people with a lot of knowledge here :yup:

With the 2009 at least you don't have to worry about the dreading clutch TSB. That was really the only major issue that came up with the early ones. Thus far, I have 20k on mine and it's running great! I want to say there's even someone here that has over 80k on theirs already? :headscratch:

At any rate, congratulations on your KR - you are the recipient of a very nice piece of equipment! :yahoo:

Enjoy! :salute:

GT500KR.jpg

Welcome glad to see you got the fastest color. They sure are a blast to drive.

Nice to have you aboard. This forum along with the GT500 forum is awesome. The 18"Alcoas aren't worth much, if you'r ready to sell them let me know :-) Nah, just kidding. Keep everything! Don't sell any of your KR parts. I was just looking at the last Shelby magazine that came out about a year ago and they predict the KRs will go up in value of around $250,000 and in 40 years be worth $350,000. I will be 86 by then and still driving it!!! Have fun...

................I was just looking at the last Shelby magazine that came out about a year ago and they predict the KRs will go up in value of around $250,000 and in 40 years be worth $350,000. I will be 86 by then and still driving it!!! Have fun...

I'll be happy if it's worth $100k 40 years from now.

Nice, just got mine today. What splitter and hood issue? I know about clutch and will take mine in on that.

Just the expense if either one is damaged and in need of replacement.

And txcobra, I'm in Abilene. I see you are in Georgetown. I lived and worked in Leander many moons ago. Been up here now for 26 years. I have parents and a brother in Austin so we still get down that way several times per year. Great area, especially with normal rainfall.

Cool. Let me know if you ever get the car down this way. Would love to hook up and chat.

I definitely will be bringing it down there. I don't mothball my rides, I drive 'em! We have friends down there. Have you heard of ART (American Racing Technologies) in Buda? I am good friends with the owners. They put a blower on my Viper last year. Anyway, when we go down there we hang out with Cody and David for a little bit and hotrods are always front and center in our activities and discussions.

My parents live in northwest Austin, just a little drive from Georgetown. When I make my next trip to Austin, and it will be in the Shelby, maybe we can get together. Maybe even have you meet us at ART. If you've never been there, you'll get to see some neat stuff. They specialize in twin turbo systems for Vipers and Ford GT's. In fact they are hosting the Ford GT National Rally this week in Austin. Have you seen any GT's this week? They had the standing mile yesterday at either Giddings or Goliad, can't remember which but it was at an abondoned air field. I think today and tomorrow they are playing on the road course at Texas World Speedway. Sounds like a blast to me. I have ranch work this weekend or I'd be down there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived