TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Triple fatality in a GT500

owenkelley

First task on any supercar since Physics Rule:

Replace the W- rated early '90's technology GYear "stupercar" oem tires immediately

with new, HI -End, Latest development tires, then proceed to break-in for 250 miles by gentle heat cycling, proper inflation, blah blah. I DID it at 700 miles.

---> For little over a 'grand USD --( it's ONLY Your life !)

Forget the economy since This tech IS cheap considering the safety utalised FROM RACING!

Must be every gt500 Default Mod. Use your heads PEOPLE!

Imagine 4000 lbs Mass & 35" of rubber contact patch That is COLD until 40 miles of driving!

(plus we experiance a high C.G. - too)

Fatalities never should occur, especially IN OUR crowd since we must demonstrate/educate to be more cognicent of variables.

This Fatality obviously creates perceptions that there may be potential problems with our GT500 & other hi- HP cars due to general naievity of the nit wits who want to take away ALL of OUR TOYS!!

nazi pelosi/bahbah prius boxer, et al comes to mind .... WAKE UP please!

(also Being cheap to PAY for proper safety equipment/driving schools seems to pervade this site)

& some should default to the driving school path so as to cross the i's and dot the t's

when unsure about their abilities with the gt500 and physics.

The 3 name brand Latest Technology shoes that appear on hi end vehicles of oh, 100-300 grand msrp

which contains dna from CURRENT varios racing programmes

namely Formula Uno, nascar, World Rallye series, etc....

ARE:

goodyear ASYMMETRIC Y-rated [rated up to 180mph, 75% load rating, 15 minutes]

michelin pilot sport Y ; 'Y'-rated [up to 180mph; rated 180+ mph, 75% load rating, 15 minutes]

pirelli pzero Y ; 'Y'-rated [up to 180mph; rated 180+ mph, 75% load rating, 15 minutes]

Rubber is cheap and the gt500 responds distinctly to expensive niche rubber.

yup, I drive mine year round up here in Boston on stock tires and it is difficult, you cant really give it any gas and the most dangerous time is the up and down shift

Is there a good way to shift without shocking the tires? I mean no matter how slow it always wants to shock the tires enough to slip them

(I am talking freezing temps here lol)

The stock tires are a SUMMER tire period. If you use the car in the winter, buy some new wheels and put on winter tires. That is what every TDH does where I live. Doesn't matter if you have a Honda or a BMW they put on snow tires!

The only reason I'm not posting more specific information is because on the news website that deals with this accident, there is a blog where people are posting some very insensitive things about the owner of the car and his friends that were killed in the wreck, and their family members have been going to the site to try to find out more info about the wreck. They have to sift through the crap that is being posted about their loved ones, even though some of it may be true, they are grieving and trying to get through this tragic event, and some people using the anonymity of the internet are posting some pretty cruel things. I just want to remind people how dangerous these cars may be if we are not on our toes, but I don't want to add more pain to their families that are trying to deal with this situation, thay have enough to deal with without me adding more fuel to the fire of some very cruel people.

thats sad, people have no respect for other people. They dont even know the other people and still think they are better than them.

There was a fight outside Citizen Bank Park after a phillies game, a guy was killed because it was like 6-7 guys against 1, when the story hit the news site, people were being insensitive towards the guy that was killed.

Only two incidents with me and my car ... one wasnt a biggie but it surprised me ... had nitto drag radials on ... 40 degrees on a Cold Florida night ... and in third gear it broke loose.

The scariest was heading home and punching it in second and the car began to rotate way to far so I backed off and luckily it came back to center ... to close ... I generally drive the car like a old lady

Ferrari's and Lambo's did not have 500HP in the 80's. A countach could barely crack a 14 second quarter mile.

Um yah actually they did. The Ferrari F40 has a twin turbocharged V8 pushing out 480 hp and pulled low 11 second quarter mile....in the eighties.

The Porsche 959 pushed out similar numbers.

You know, back in the mid 80's the super cars of the world were Ferrari and Lamborghini. These cars were the baddest and fastest street legal cars on the road. These cars had around 500hp. Now any one of us can go get a 500 hp "supercar" a mere 25 years later. Yes indeed, our cars are a loaded weapon, respect it, enjoy it but most important, respect it. Fear the evil, fear it!!!!! Respect is your saving grace.

Rest in peace good souls, rest in peace.

QSS

Amen...

Archived