TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Demo GT500

Hello:

What opinions do the members have about purchasing a Demo GT500 with 5,000 miles on it?

Price is adjusted to below invoice and then some. I know what I do to rental car and that is Beat the B*^% off them.

I haven't read about the 2000 Hurst Rent a Racers but I do know about the stories about the 60's. Just throwing that in.

Any and all feeback is appriciated.

Thanks

Hello:

What opinions do the members have about purchasing a Demo GT500 with 5,000 miles on it?

Price is adjusted to below invoice and then some. I know what I do to rental car and that is Beat the B*^% off them.

I haven't read about the 2000 Hurst Rent a Racers but I do know about the stories about the 60's. Just throwing that in.

Any and all feeback is appriciated.

Thanks

JMO..

After hearing horror stories about how people treat "basic" demo cars....I honestly don't think I could buy a GT500 demo car...I can only imagine how that thing was treated/driven/beat-on...not only by the people driving it, but by the people who work for the company that owned it at the time.

a 2009 GT500 with 5000 miles is not a demo, it's a used car. period.

I've had more than one demo car with salesman in it trying to race me in my GT500. Don't kid yourself, it's had the dog dookie driven out of it from the salesman to the mechanic to the wash boy. If that's not a problem, and you get an extended FORD warranty for free, I'd say go for it if it's really straight and not a scratch or scuff on it, if not, I'd pass.

JMO

My understanding that a DEmo car is used by the upper management as a perk of employment. Its been washed alot I can guarantee you that. And probably driven like 1/2 of us here drive them...the cars are sturdy. If its cheap and unmarked go for it 5k miles is nothing...and it probably is not as beat on as you might think. Car people value getting a ticket way more undesireable than the rest of us as they need a clean record at work...my 2 cents.

Ask whos demo it was and to talk to them about the car, a demo these days is assigned to one person. You could pm Michael Moore he works at a modern dealership...and can score some great deals on Shelby's....

My understanding that a DEmo car is used by the upper management as a perk of employment. Its been washed alot I can guarantee you that. And probably driven like 1/2 of us here drive them...the cars are sturdy. If its cheap and unmarked go for it 5k miles is nothing...and it probably is not as beat on as you might think. Car people value getting a ticket way more undesireable than the rest of us as they need a clean record at work...my 2 cents.

Ask whos demo it was and to talk to them about the car, a demo these days is assigned to one person. You could pm Michael Moore he works at a modern dealership...and can score some great deals on Shelby's....

My GT500 SVT#12 was a Ford test Vehicle with 50,000 miles on it when I bought. At the time it saved me $25k so I felt it was worth it and since it is actually an earlier vin# and SVT # than the first one sold to Ron Platt for 550K$. I think it was a good deal espcially as a collector car later on (it might be the earliest one on the road as many of the first 20 preproduction cars are destroyed I am told?). I have put 35K miles on it and it had the clutch TSB done and the air bag one too without any problems. I did put in upgraded struts/shocks and upper and lower control arms though.

I would say go for it as mine has not been a problem but mine was from the Ford testing grounds in Detroit not from a dealer.

Mark / MSB Mustang 54

I'd rather buy a used car with one owner, than a demo. I guess you'll never really know, but in my opinion a demo is more likely to have several drivers that have no ties to the car and beat on it than a single owner would (because that owner probably thought he or she was keeping it for a while and took care of it). Go with whatever you are comfortable with.

I'd rather buy a used car with one owner, than a demo. I guess you'll never really know, but in my opinion a demo is more likely to have several drivers that have no ties to the car and beat on it than a single owner would (because that owner probably thought he or she was keeping it for a while and took care of it). Go with whatever you are comfortable with.

I say do it. The car is under warranty and can be fixed if there was something really wrong with it.

My parents bought a demo Thunderbird supercoupe back in 1990...had nothing but problems with it....needed new tranny after only 5k miles,,,,driver set was pretty worn....aka a fat salesman....lol...not sure if the tranny issue was to the "abuse" it got.....or just Ford.....BUT.....to add to this....my brother just sold his 2007 GT500 with 4k miles for about 33k$....he babied the hell out of that car....because, yeah....he was planning on keeping it forever

When I worked at dealerships it was the "dealer trades" I did that saw a car with 5 miles on the Odometer getting a top speed test...I was 16. The other "lotboys" from mine and the other dealerships did the same...

We even had a "test circut" that we timed "laps" on...I got top time imagine that... :hysterical: This was before cell phones and mapquest it was pretty fun...

The managers demo however, you respected if you wanted a job.

PM Mike Moore for info and if its a deal he has sold a lot of cars (and wheels) to forum members

and is a stand up guy...

• 2 weeks later...

There are very few of these that have NOT been hammered on. We didn't buy a 500 HP car to drive like an old lady. We take really good care of our Shelby's but there is a difference of running the living piss out of them getting on it now and then. This one is probably no better or worse than most of them. If the price and car fax (meaning NO paint or repairs) is good and you feel like the deal is right, get it. It does have a lot of warranty left.

Just took delivery of my 2009 Vapor Convertible. : )

Fully loaded

75 miles on it

Been driving standards all my life ... stalled the car seven times.

Payed a little more than the demo

BUT I'M ALOT HAPPIER : )

$45,700

$3381.8 7% tax

Misc Fees

$49682.30 Out the door

Fully loaded

5000 miles

rash in front chin

paint chip in pass door

A friend of mine just traded a red with black in because of a divorce. It was taken very good care of, and from what I've heard, it sits inside and very few get to even test drive it. If you're interested I'll contact the dealership and see what they are asking for it, just PM me.

$45,700

$3381.8 7% tax

Misc Fees

$49682.30 Out the door

5000 miles

rash in front chin

paint chip in pass door

Brand new 2009 White w/Blue stripes here in Laramie, WY with a 45K price in window at Ford dealer. Dealer has an iffy reputation for service after the sale but it can be serviced by any dealer. He has had it for a long time. Also saw some 2010's in Denver being sold under MSRP.

Yeah, good of you to walk away...45k for a 5k mileage demo I dont think I could keep a straight face over....

I have seen new lot cars with under 50 miles for 40k now that the 2010 has come out...and those deals are to be had all day long...

a 2009 GT500 with 5000 miles is not a demo, it's a used car. period.

I've had more than one demo car with salesman in it trying to race me in my GT500. Don't kid yourself, it's had the dog dookie driven out of it from the salesman to the mechanic to the wash boy. If that's not a problem, and you get an extended FORD warranty for free, I'd say go for it if it's really straight and not a scratch or scuff on it, if not, I'd pass.

JMO

Isnt that what these cars are made to do? Forget motor and a warranty and you are all set. And Demos are mostly at the 5-6k mileage.

They tried to sell it at sticker. Said there was a 2K mark up but since it was a demo I could have it at sticker. Laughed...I was finding same equipped cars on E-Bay with lower miles at sticker if not lower. Did my homework and located some a little above invoice. Low balled them they came back with an offer I was truly considering. Dealer told me the car was mint. Found out the owners son who works at the dealership was demoing the car. When asked his age I was told he was in his mid 20's. "The car was not abused" I told the salesman If it was me I would be HAMMERING the car. A friend inspected it and told me that the pass door had a chip and the chin spoiler had been scraped. I expected the spoiler. Kept asking for photos never got them. Long story short...Found the same equipped car with 75 miles Vapor, Vert, Fully loaded paid an extra 2K. I'm alright with paying the extra. : )

Isnt that what these cars are made to do? Forget motor and a warranty and you are all set. And Demos are mostly at the 5-6k mileage.

Archived