TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shes coming along

I took the shelby to GLD lastnight. The air was great till about 8pm when it started misting so we called it a night. She now runs 12.50 at 111mph all night long. The 60ft. needs some more work. Possibly a loose torque converter would help. Heres a slip it is kind of small sorry if your eyes hurt. :doh:

I added Mickey Thompson drag radials to the mix and the 60ft. has come down a solid tenth all ready. Plus the tuner really dialed it in really well for me. Ive always been big on driveability more so than WOT runs since we spend 90% of the time there and its really good.

125ET-1.jpg

I took the shelby to GLD lastnight. The air was great till about 8pm when it started misting so we called it a night. She now runs 12.50 at 111mph all night long. The 60ft. needs some more work. Possibly a loose torque converter would help. Heres a slip it is kind of small sorry if your eyes hurt. :doh:

I added Mickey Thompson drag radials to the mix and the 60ft. has come down a solid tenth all ready. Plus the tuner really dialed it in really well for me. Ive always been big on driveability more so than WOT runs since we spend 90% of the time there and its really good.

125ET-1.jpg

Nice!

Does your automatic have the 3.31 gears?

Hmmmmm... wonder what I could get with MT's.....

The MT's need more seasoning (longer burnout)and a converter from PI will help this I know. Its in the works for next season. Im going back Wednesday night for one last try before winter sets in up here in the midwest.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to GLD lastnight and cracked off 12.18@110.19 with a 1.74 60ft. The air was good and everything fell into place nicely. I put alot of heat in the MT's and had less than a 1/2 a tank of fuel in the tank. Im so close to the 11's its sick. The downside is the weather here is hit or miss mostly miss. Im really leaning toward the Big Boost kit and let my tuner set up the proper tune for it since FRPP doesnt sell the kit for automatics yet. I figure more power and torque would really help propel the car into the 11's. We will see what happens.

Archived