TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Started the tear down today.

jared@lethal

I dropped of the car at our good friends Power By the Hour in Boynton Beach. Jake and his crew are prepping the car for our up and coming 5.0 Magazine article which will be done this Thursday and Friday. Steve Turner will be covering the entire build of our car. I'll be sure to take tons of pics and stuff for you guys as well.

The plan is to have everything apart and ready to go back in on Thursday and have it finished by the end of the week. So far we've taken off the intake, exhaust, front bumper, heat exchanger, and have undone most of the wiring harness. Tomorrow the stock motor and tranny will come out as well as the stock fuel system. We'll then prep the new motor and everything else will get ready to be reinstalled.

Here's a list of what we've got ready to be installed.

Boss330 Racing Long Block- Ford GT Aluminum Block, Manley I-Beams, Custom CP Pistons/Rings, ARP Hardware, Custom Heads by Chris@Champion, Custom cams spec'd by Al Papitto, Bronze valve guides, stainless valves, high lift springs and retainers, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley

Whipple 3.4L Crusher Kit with Whipple Throttle Body and Whipple CAI

American Racing Headers 1-7/8" Longtubes with 3" Offroad X-pipe

Magnaflow 3" Catback with Magnapack Mufflers

Lethal Performance Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System-Featuring Fore Precision Works Fuel Hat, Rails and Y-Blocks

Siemens Deka 80lb High Impedence Injectors

Fore Precision Works 8.8 Billet Differential Cover

Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger by Revan Racing/C&R Racing

Reische Performance 170deg High Performance Thermostat

Moroso Intercooler Reservoir and Radiator Expansion Tank

Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch kit with Steel Flywheel

Driveshaft Shop 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

BMR K-Member, Adjustable A-Arms, K-member support brace, Driveshaft loop

Steeda Complete Rear Drag Suspension- Competition Upper and Lower Control Arms, Panhard Rod, Panhard Brace, Torque Box Brace

Eibach Sportline Spring Kit

Steeda Tri-ax Shifter

Project 321 Coil Covers and Engine Bay Dress Up Kit

Got a bunch of other stuff as well but we'll leave that for another day.

Can't wait to get this car up and running. Although we're totally going to ruin this beautiful brand new car it's gonna be SICK once it's done!!

Can't wait to get this car up and running. Although we're totally going to ruin this beautiful brand new car it's gonna be SICK once it's done!!

lol somethimes I say the same thing but heck it's just a expensive Mustang!

If it were a FGT, I might say you were ruining it. Mustang = MODS = chebby big block punisher

look forward to pics

Sounds like fun! What size upper pulley and how much boost do you expect to run?

We're gonna run a 3" upper with a 10% lower. With a stock motor I believe that puts boost at about 26.5lbs. With the heads, cams and longtubes we're running I'm expecting to see less. Might have to throw on a 2.70" at some point.

Jared

Here's a few more pics of our car being put together at Power By The Hour in Boynton Beach, FL. Our good friend Jake and his crew worked extremely hard the last 2 days working extra long hours to get everything done for the article. I'm only going to post a few pics for now as you'll be able to see the entire thing in an up coming 5.0 Mustang Magazine article! Big thanks to Steve Turner for taking so much interest in our car and spending 2 full 90+deg days with us at the shop. Thanks to everyone else involved.

IMG_0222-1.jpg

IMG_0219-1.jpg

IMG_0180-1.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0263-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0296_2.jpg

Here's a list of everything that we installed.

Boss330 Racing Long Block- Ford GT Aluminum Block, Manley I-Beams, Custom CP Pistons/Rings, ARP Hardware, Custom Heads by Chris@Champion, Custom cams spec'd by Al Papitto, Bronze valve guides, stainless valves, high lift springs and retainers, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley

Whipple 3.4L Crusher Kit with Whipple Throttle Body and Whipple CAI

American Racing Headers 1-7/8" Longtubes with 3" Offroad X-pipe

Magnaflow 3" Catback with Magnapack Mufflers

Lethal Performance Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System-Featuring Fore Precision Works Fuel Hat, Rails and Y-Blocks

Siemens Deka 80lb High Impedence Injectors

Fore Precision Works 8.8 Billet Differential Cover

Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger by Revan Racing/C&R Racing

Reische Performance 170deg High Performance Thermostat

Moroso Intercooler Reservoir and Radiator Expansion Tank

Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch kit with Steel Flywheel

Driveshaft Shop 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

BMR K-Member, Adjustable A-Arms, K-member support brace, Driveshaft loop

Steeda Complete Rear Drag Suspension- Competition Upper and Lower Control Arms, Panhard Rod, Panhard Brace, Torque Box Brace

Eibach Sportline Springs

QA1 Front Coil Over Kit with UPR Springs

QA1 Caster Camber Plates

QA1 Adjustable Rear Shocks

Steeda Tri-ax Shifter

Project 321 Coil Covers and Engine Bay Dress Up Kit

ThumpRRR Racing Tensioner

We're gonna run a 3" upper with a 10% lower. With a stock motor I believe that puts boost at about 26.5lbs. With the heads, cams and longtubes we're running I'm expecting to see less. Might have to throw on a 2.70" at some point.

Jared

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.

• 2 weeks later...
Jared, what size wheels and tires are those? Those are the trueforged wheels right? But what size wheels and tires are you you using?

True Forged 3 piece Sebring in Chrome. 20x9" Front 20x10.5" Rear. The rear tires are 305/35/20 Nitto DR's. I forget what we run on the front. I believe it's a 255/35/20 Nitto 555 Extreme.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Archived