TEAM SHELBY FORUM

here is 267

here is the only good pic I have of her. Thats my dad and son it it at the international in billings. it was picked up the day before. we got it home and its been raining/ snowing ever since. it tucked away in the shop with my mach, likely till spring :(

267.jpg

Looks great freakshow! To bad about the rain/snow. It just started raining here as well. Sure hope I get at least one more day before winter...

did you go with the interior and short throw shifter too? its going to be a long winter with it and the mach in the same shop just sitting. it will give me a chance to get the new bullet in the cobra though :)

Yes, but I did the interior and console in red (40th) it looks stunning but not exactly a match with the silver stripes (but I have a fix for that). Short throw Shelby shifter w/white ball and 373's, although I'm installing the shifter and Ford racing rear myself. One thing I found out after the car was done is that the only suspension available for the 40th Anniversary is the Eibach.....No Ford racing. I'm a little concerned about the stiffness in the ride how does yours ride?

I'm picking mine up Friday at Tasca. Identical to yours. Congrats; Too bad about the weather though.

Did you pick your car up Yesterday? Sure would like to see some pics :drool: of the red interior and your fix on the silver stripes. Congrats! :happy feet:

Did you pick your car up Yesterday? Sure would like to see some pics :drool: of the red interior and your fix on the silver stripes. Congrats! :happy feet:

No, unfortunately I need someone to drive my truck back with my parts and my son couldn't get off besides, it was raining and I've never had the underside of my car wet (no rear end rust for me)! I have a few pics of the interior that don't do the car justice but again I'll have to solicit my son's help to get them posted (it's a middle age thing). The color-clash fix won't be a purists dream but I think it will look a lot better when I get that done I'll post pictures as well.

I have the Eibach on mine and love the ride.

I've heard the Eibach was noticeably harsher than the Ford Racing. I feel the stock ride is a little too harsh (I know, I know it's a high performance vehicle). How would you compare the Eibach to the stock ride? Also, were you given a Ford Racing option and is there anyone out there that got the F/R suspension in a 40th?

Thanks!

Well, I've had 3 GT500's now, a KR and two stockers. I added the FRPP to my 08 that I traded for the KR and Eibach on my 40th. Both are definitely harsher than stock, but I didn't feel much difference between FRPP and Eiback in terms of harshness. If you think stock is too harsh, you will not like either IMO. The KR is the best overall...so smooth but such great handling!

Well, I've had 3 GT500's now, a KR and two stockers. I added the FRPP to my 08 that I traded for the KR and Eibach on my 40th. Both are definitely harsher than stock, but I didn't feel much difference between FRPP and Eiback in terms of harshness. If you think stock is too harsh, you will not like either IMO. The KR is the best overall...so smooth but such great handling!

Thanks, for $13,500 I'm sure I'll learn to like it! Glad to hear there's not much difference between the two; I also understand that the Eibach handles awesome. I was under the impression that the KR had the FRPP suspension but admittedly have not researched it much. Were you given the option of the FFRP or Eibach when you ordered your 40th?

Archived