TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spooky Windows

thewheelman

Got home Friday night from a 1000+ mile trip in the Shelby, unloaded luggage, etc. and left the windows down. It's in the garage, but the temp and humidity of PCB last week are nil compared to the chill and dampness back here in KY. Didn't start the car all day Saturday or Sunday. This morning, wife gets in it to go to work, she calls me from the end of the block and says what's up with the windows. Every time she tried to roll up the driver's window it would go all the way up and immediately go all the way back down again. Passenger side did it once. Driver's side did it almost all the way to work. She hit the drive-thru for breakfast and sometime after that (we're still talking 20 min. commute w/breakfast) it went up and stayed up. Has shown no inclination to do it again........anybody else have this kind of experience........ghost in the machine?

It might have something to do with the automatic window controls (when you close the door) My car acted weird after the battery got low. I reset the system by turning the key on, rolling the window completely down and hold for 2 seconds, then roll up and hold for 2 seconds. Do for each side. Not sure of that's your issue but might be worth a try.

Got home Friday night from a 1000+ mile trip in the Shelby, unloaded luggage, etc. and left the windows down. It's in the garage, but the temp and humidity of PCB last week are nil compared to the chill and dampness back here in KY. Didn't start the car all day Saturday or Sunday. This morning, wife gets in it to go to work, she calls me from the end of the block and says what's up with the windows. Every time she tried to roll up the driver's window it would go all the way up and immediately go all the way back down again. Passenger side did it once. Driver's side did it almost all the way to work. She hit the drive-thru for breakfast and sometime after that (we're still talking 20 min. commute w/breakfast) it went up and stayed up. Has shown no inclination to do it again........anybody else have this kind of experience........ghost in the machine?

I had that happen with the passenger window a few times early on. I know there is a procedure to program the window so it doesn't do that. I think Grabber posted the procedure. My son was with me on a trip and I think he accidentally envolked the procedure and fixed the problem. At the time it just seemed like it started working again. :shrug: Has never done it since.

• 4 weeks later...

The rain finally stopped in KY and we've had several days of beautiful fall weather....so I'm driving the GT 500 to work! Mystery window thing happened again, and again and again. I don't like or trust local dealer and the selling dealer is in Nashville (over an hour away) so I finally broke down and called local dealer and inquired if they had experienced anything like this. Service Mgr said, wait a minute let me go talk to my Mustang Guru. He's back in about 3 minutes and said, that was easy, they've lost their programming. Punch both buttons and hold it until windows go all the way down and hold for 3 seconds, then pull them up and hold until windows go all the way up and hold for 3 seconds. That should do it. He said they "forget" where the top is sometimes and have to be reset.......We'll try it and see!

Archived