TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby SAI Pricing came through!

swa737

Excuse me, but I need to educate you on some things. You say the GT/CS is not a muscle car. Did you know that the Shelby GT has the same engine except it has a Ford Racing power pack that gives it a whopping 19 more ponies. It also has the same front clip and the fake hood scoop is almost the same. The exhaust and suspm is upgraded on the Shelby GT. The CS has a rear clip like the GT500. My point is that the 2 cars are similar. I know your bent because Canada is not getting the Shelby GT, but that is no reason to say the CS is not a muscle car. Sorry I brought it up.

actually I am aware of the similarities in relation to the points you made and yes i'm bent over the unavailability and don't get me wrong i like the gt/cs and its styling 'perhaps I'M expecting to much but I think FORD realy missed a opportunity to make the gt/cs really something special by offering as a option more stock hp and really setting it aside from the gt and shelby gt.The car is great but ford could have done better in living up to the california special name.

Now now crispy be a good to our fellow canadians, and besides its almost christmas and santa is watching he may bring that shelby 350 rag top that you wanted.

OKOKOKOK....I will try my best (read like Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer):

Please, Santa....if you're on this site,

won't you bring my ride tonight? :shift:

actually I am aware of the similarities in relation to the points you made and yes i'm bent over the unavailability and don't get me wrong i like the gt/cs and its styling 'perhaps I'M expecting to much but I think FORD realy missed a opportunity to make the gt/cs really something special by offering as a option more stock hp and really setting it aside from the gt and shelby gt.The car is great but ford could have done better in living up to the california special name.

Are you aware that this GT/CS is actually more special than the original Cali Special? The original had some body mouldings like the Shelby, and the California Special Badging & Striping, that was it. The new one is essentially a Shelby GT-- it sits lower (1 1/2" lower) than a stock GT, and has Shelby cues as well. You can sneeze and get 19 more HP from this car.

I do understand that you want a Shelby GT (very desirable)......is there any way you could bring one over the border? I mean.....legally?

Are you aware that this GT/CS is actually more special than the original Cali Special? The original had some body mouldings like the Shelby, and the California Special Badging & Striping, that was it. The new one is essentially a Shelby GT-- it sits lower (1 1/2" lower) than a stock GT, and has Shelby cues as well. You can sneeze and get 19 more HP from this car.

I do understand that you want a Shelby GT (very desirable)......is there any way you could bring one over the border? I mean.....legally?

yeah you could but here's the scenario first you would have be the winning bidder on a over msrp auction on ebay then take possession of your gt send it off to las vegas for shelby modification pay for shipping it back across border and pay 6% duty and 6%gst plus conform to any other auto import conditions.May as well just buy a shelbygt500 they are available here but few of them. I currently fiftieth on dealer who has 9 coming in 2008.but buyers quickly come of the list once they have to put up the deposit

Amy cannot control $1,000 markup, nor the $1,000 GG Tax, or even the plus tax, title and lic.-- you would always have to pay for this no matter what you buy. You can control the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts.

Take off $2,000 for the ADM & GG Tax, that's $38. She said $35.9, a delta of $2,100. Then add Tax, title, & License-- and the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts. She was, in fact, pretty damn close. For an early estimate. :finger::finger:

I'm sure there are about 20 folks lined up behind you to buy your car if you don't. ;)

Crispy23c, you're right it's about $2k more when you take out all the costs I can control or SAI can't control. But just once I'd like to have a car manufacturer come in right at or under what they predicted. Wasn't the GT500 predicted to be right at or under $40k before pricing and it ended up at $43+. I don't know if I'll gladly pay $40k, but I'll pay it. :drop: IAGT

Crispy23c, you're right it's about $2k more when you take out all the costs I can control or SAI can't control. But just once I'd like to have a car manufacturer come in right at or under what they predicted. Wasn't the GT500 predicted to be right at or under $40k before pricing and it ended up at $43+. I don't know if I'll gladly pay $40k, but I'll pay it. :drop: IAGT

I still say the car came in pretty much right where Amy said it would at $35.9. That is for a base premium GT with upfitter and SAI pricing minus Ford's D&D and say $400 worth of shipping from SAI. GG tax is unexpected but out of Amy's control.

Thanx for pointing out some of the great aspects of the GT/CS. When my GO GT500 arrives I am going to do a photo shoot of the 2 cars together.

This is what I got from a dealer in MN. My dealer in Georgia still doesn't know squat.

Final Pricing:

Base Mustang GT Deluxe (manual)

$26,440

54U Upfitters Pkg

$2140

Shelby Automobiles Inc.

$7390

MSRP of delivered Shelby GT (Subtotal):

$35,970

Gas Guzzler Tax

$1000

Total MSRP

$36,970

This is what I got from a dealer in MN. My dealer in Georgia still doesn't know squat.

Final Pricing:

Base Mustang GT Deluxe (manual)

$26,440

54U Upfitters Pkg

$2140

Shelby Automobiles Inc.

$7390

MSRP of delivered Shelby GT (Subtotal):

$35,970

Gas Guzzler Tax

$1000

Total MSRP

$36,970

with the options I selected my actual total will be $38,110

Fellas

My dealer just called and said the SAI pricing had come through today. $7390 which included shipping. There is an additional $1000 gas gussler tax.

Anyone have any comparisons?

Hey guys Ford and SA is doing it again to the buyers .....for a few dollars more , you could have a GT500 if they were available ......all their doing is selling another car and making as much as they can.......if its not the Dealers ADM its an over priced Mustang.......just thinking out loud........

Hey guys Ford and SA is doing it again to the buyers .....for a few dollars more , you could have a GT500 if they were available ......all their doing is selling another car and making as much as they can.......if its not the Dealers ADM its an over priced Mustang.......just thinking out loud........

The GT500 is worth it if you can find one for MSRP, this car is not IMO.

The GT500 is worth it if you can find one for MSRP, this car is not IMO.

....if you can find one at MSRP....The last I heard most dealers were still holding out for $20K ADM on the GT500 (yes I know there are people who found for less or no ADM). It certainly isn't worth $65K either, IMHO.

I would not be so hard on Ford or SA. Ford had every intention of building more GT 500s. The problem was their supplier for the 6-speed could only supply- at first 7,500 trannys, and then they upped it to 9,000. Ford did everything they could to up production. They need the revenue. If they could build & sell 20k units per year, they would. Further, their Mustang line is - if I remember correctly, 15% over their previously stated max capacity.

The only ones profiting from the supply issue is the "dealers", and they won't "deal". They are holding the cars hostage until either the market relaxes or there are more GT500s.

As for SA-- I have been to their production facility. Have you? Here's the scoop:

They have an awesome set up. Very clean, very well organized. But-- I will be impressed to see them produce 6,000 units in the time frame that they stated. It's not impossible, but they have their work cut out for them. If they could produce more, they would as well. Again, the only ones profiting from the short supply is the dealer.

So try and take these facts and put it into the proper perspective. You'll find that you will be directing your frustration at someone else...

edit- one more thing: you really can't blame the dealer for trying to get the max $$ for this car. Supply is < than demand, and it's a free market. 2 things that are really disgusting me personally with the dealers:

1)the tactics they are using to drive up the pricing (slimy);

2)the way they treat you when you call (you are dirt on my shoe). Not every dealer, but quite a few that I have spoken with.

Shame on them.

I will be impressed to see them produce 6,000 units in the time frame that they stated. It's not impossible, but they have their work cut out for them.

Add the 1000 GT500 40th Pkg. work into the mix too. Busy, busy, busy. I hope thay have lots of quality hands for all that work. Steve said the 40th Pkg. would take 2 days to do, If they are short handed 2 days could turn into 4-5 days while we waite. I sure hope they man up.

Add the 1000 GT500 40th Pkg. work into the mix too. Busy, busy, busy. I hope thay have lots of quality hands for all that work. Steve said the 40th Pkg. would take 2 days to do, If they are short handed 2 days could turn into 4-5 days while we waite. I sure hope they man up.

You are right, G. Didn't even take that into account. Probably won't be the same line, but this (Shelby GT) stuff is almost like custom-on-demand (with the option add-ons)--very cool!

Crispy,

When I called SAI last week I was told they were going to produce 60 a day, 4 days a week. That's 25 weeks for 6000 cars. What do you think?

Grabber,

If I understand correctly the 40th package will be done by the Mod Shop outside of the factory. However, I am sure it still has an effect on timelines.

If I understand correctly the 40th package will be done by the Mod Shop outside of the factory. However, I am sure it still has an effect on timelines.

What do you mean by this. I have never been there. Do they have a factory and then a seperate mod shop ?

I would not be so hard on Ford or SA. Ford had every intention of building more GT 500s. The problem was their supplier for the 6-speed could only supply- at first 7,500 trannys, and then they upped it to 9,000. Ford did everything they could to up production. They need the revenue. If they could build & sell 20k units per year, they would. Further, their Mustang line is - if I remember correctly, 15% over their previously stated max capacity.

The only ones profiting from the supply issue is the "dealers", and they won't "deal". They are holding the cars hostage until either the market relaxes or there are more GT500s.

As for SA-- I have been to their production facility. Have you? Here's the scoop:

They have an awesome set up. Very clean, very well organized. But-- I will be impressed to see them produce 6,000 units in the time frame that they stated. It's not impossible, but they have their work cut out for them. If they could produce more, they would as well. Again, the only ones profiting from the short supply is the dealer.

So try and take these facts and put it into the proper perspective. You'll find that you will be directing your frustration at someone else...

edit- one more thing: you really can't blame the dealer for trying to get the max $$ for this car. Supply is < than demand, and it's a free market. 2 things that are really disgusting me personally with the dealers:

1)the tactics they are using to drive up the pricing (slimy);

2)the way they treat you when you call (you are dirt on my shoe). Not every dealer, but quite a few that I have spoken with.

Shame on them.

Lets look at this simply ...the GT500 Coupe $43,000....and now Shelby GT close to $40,000 with Shelby package ......things have got out of hand......its plain ....blackmail......pay the price or take a hike......and their is alot of difference from a Shelby GT and a Shelby GT500.....and for about 4 to 5 grand no balance ....They are both great cars ......but I'm sure sick of all this get it while you can.......from dealers and SA .....I'm just happy I have a GT500....but for all the others that want either car .....its gotten completely out of hand. STOP THE GREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crispy,

When I called SAI last week I was told they were going to produce 60 a day, 4 days a week. That's 25 weeks for 6000 cars. What do you think?

Do-able, but they will be very busy. They have lanes for production. It's pretty cool to see. Sorry, but they wouldn't let us take pix, otherwise I would share. It's a pretty damn big set up. I am assuming that they are adding more man/woman power as well.

Grabber,

What do you mean by this. I have never been there. Do they have a factory and then a seperate mod shop ?

Well, when I wasa there, they were prepping for the GT production. They also had a special Shelby (427 & 289) Cobra assembly area separate from the GT assembly area. It was very cool.

I would think that they could even mix in the 40th models right into the lines- depending on what options are installed when & where (ie: Brake ducts on both cars are essentially the same)- or they could even set up a separate line for the 40th models. I could really see it either way. I wish I could draw you a pic..but a drawing really would not help much either.

Anyway, I hope I shed a little light for you. Wish I could shed more, but I don't have time for a novel right now!

If I think of anything else, I'll definitely post...

Lets look at this simply ...the GT500 Coupe $43,000....and now Shelby GT close to $40,000 with Shelby package ......things have got out of hand......its plain ....blackmail......pay the price or take a hick......and their is alot of difference from a Shelby GT and a Shelby GT500.....and for about 4 to 5 grand no balance ....Their both great cars ......but I'm sure sick of all this get it while you can.......from dealers and SA .....I'm just happy I have a GT500....but for all the others that want either car .....its gotten completely out of hand. STOP THE GREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. In fact, I got shafted out of being onbe of the 1st in the area to get one. I was stupid enough to trust a local dealer to his word. I got him to start a GT500 list about 18 months before you could even order one. I was #1 on their list for all those months. I kept in touch with the salesman every month or so, all the while he was promising me "MSRP, don't worry". Well, you guessed it :banghead: My worst nightmares were realized. 2 weeks before the order banks opened in March (the 13th), the dealer had the salesman call me, and tell me sorry-- at least $25k ovewr MSRP . He apologized profusely. I do not blame him, I blame the owner. So, at that point, no dealer would even talk to me for anywhere near MSRP. So, if any one has a grudge about this, it's me. I don't hold it against a dealer--if I call him-- telling me MSRP + ADM. They aren't being dishonest, they are naming their price (or best offer). I do blame the dealers who re-list on ebay for weeks on end, hoping for a bite, or dealers playing cat and mouse with customer's emotions. That sucks....

So, no I am not a happy camper!!!

Thanks for letting me vent....again,,,, :banghead:

My understanding is there is a Mod Shop opening in March...It was buried in the 40th Package press release. I don't mean is is physically outside of the factory. I just mean it a separate "department."

You can sort of see the manufacturing lines Crispy is talking about in a photo on the SAI web page.

Based on the original post of thread I calculate my car at $39,110. That is a manual, with interior upgrade, anti-theft, wheel locks, sirius and shaker 500. My salesperson called this morning and promised a call back this afternoon with info.

You are exactly correct on the pricing. $39,110 is fully loaded w/5 speed & no Shaker 1000. I have a white one coming ordered & being built this week.

You are exactly correct on the pricing. $39,110 is fully loaded w/5 speed & no Shaker 1000. I have a white one coming ordered & being built this week.

Right on Show your right. Great news.

Welcome to the breakfast club of champions.

Were glad to have you join in.

:shift:

Right on Show your right. Great news.

Welcome to the breakfast club of champions.

Were glad to have you join in.

:shift:

Yo "Show"! Welcome! Glad your here and I share in your excitement! Mine is being built 01-08-07. It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to the SC option details and LAS pickup!

I didn't know you could order the Deluxe GT....either way it is still $35.9 just like Amy said. If the cost went up because of options people chose..well DUH. :doh:

GT Deluxe was the verbage the dealer gave from the Ford "Dealer Connection" website that only they can access with all this info. Just trying to put some info out there to help out.

You mouthin off boy? :censored:

Archived