TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby SAI Pricing came through!

swa737

Fellas

My dealer just called and said the SAI pricing had come through today. $7390 which included shipping. There is an additional $1000 gas gussler tax.

Anyone have any comparisons?

Could you be more specific? I forgot your base price. $28,428.46 ? Additionally, did you order any options, and if so, what were they & what was the cost?

I know you said additional $1000 gas gussler. Please verify that is included in the $7390 or on top of it. ??Really, 19HP is costing enough gas to be tagged with the Gas Gussler???

Also you said, included shipping...Was that on top of the $745 Destination and Delivery on your VOC or DORA?

I know you said additional $1000 gas gussler. Please verify that is included in the $7390 or on top of it. ??Really, 19HP is costing enough gas to be tagged with the Gas Gussler???

Also you said, included shipping...Was that on top of the $745 Destination and Delivery on your VOC or DORA?

My info is sketchy right now. My dealer left a phone message. $1000 gas guzzler plus $7390 SAI charge. The SAI charge does not have a dealer markup on it, so I assume this is straight from SAI. So far, my understanding is the shipping is included in the $7390. I have an automatic tranny with shaker 1000, all the options less nav system. MSRP is $32510 plus the $7390. Once again, this was left on my message machine. I have not verified this with my dealer or seen the paperwork yet.

My info is sketchy right now. My dealer left a phone message. $1000 gas guzzler plus $7390 SAI charge. The SAI charge does not have a dealer markup on it, so I assume this is straight from SAI. So far, my understanding is the shipping is included in the $7390. I have an automatic tranny with shaker 1000, all the options less nav system. MSRP is $32510 plus the $7390. Once again, this was left on my message machine. I have not verified this with my dealer or seen the paperwork yet.

Yikes! What happened to estimated MSRP of 35K? I guess I can't afford Xmas presents for the wife and kids now. :^)

Holy Sh.........., that's over 40 grand!!! :ohsnap: I'd have held out for a GT500 which MSRP's around 45 grand.

The Shelby GT is a nice car but it's not worth 40 grand. :redcard:

With No ADM, the car is worth it.IMO. Is 90GT trying to hijack my avatar lower name ? I need to talk to Acorns attorney about this.

$645 was for an Automatic Tranny, so you can take that off the price. I know 99.9% of everybody else is probably wanting a manual. Add back $100 for the 54U package because the manual 54U package is that much more than an Auto. Probably because of the 3.55 rear. The shaker 1000 cost $1295, so some of you can take that off, too.

With No ADM, the car is worth it.IMO. Is 90GT trying to hijack my avatar lower name ? I need to talk to Acorns attorney about this.

I changed my title for ya Rob, don't want any copy right violations. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Without ADM's the car is only 5 grand away from the price of a GT500. Given if a person can find a GT500 for MSRP, it's the better car to buy. Just my opinion.

Based on the original post of thread I calculate my car at $39,110. That is a manual, with interior upgrade, anti-theft, wheel locks, sirius and shaker 500. My salesperson called this morning and promised a call back this afternoon with info.

I can confirm that I heard from my dealer today too. He said $7300 for Shelby package plus $1,000 for Gas Guzzler tax. I added the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts plus I'm getting charged an extra $1,000 dealer mark up. So my prices out at $39,825 plus tax, title and lic., so $41,800!! Ouch Mr. Shelby I'm not happy after hearing $35,900 from Amy. Heck the SAI Maroney on the Hertz cars was $8,200, So if you put the 54U upfitters package and add the SAI package your looking at $9,400 for the upgrades. It would be nice for that price if we got Carroll's autograph too!! IAGT

Hold on guys.REMEMBER what Amy said about early info. If you can't handle early info. and its inaccuracy...get a hanky, but don't downgrade SAI. You don't have to buy it. No one is forcing a car on you!!!

Grabber, I'm not down grading SAI. I simply am confused and in shock at the difference between $35.9 and the now new price of close to $40k. I'm sure it will be a fine car and I've always wanted a Shelby so I'll pay the price, but it is a little disheartening. IAGT

:stop: i think SAI is more deservant of the 7300 bucks for parts and service than the dealers are for nothing. In the long run when the car appreciates it will be because of the shelby parts and reputation not for the dealers greed.

sorry no avatar yet

Hey guys if you take a base Premium Gt Coupe, the upfitter package and the SAI pricing the car is $36,335. Not too far off from what Amy said was the MSRP.

Gas gussler tax is never included in the MSRP of a car much like sales tax and title aren't. It is the gas gussler and options that are pushing the price to 40K. Trust me I am as bummed as everybody else today. My car is going to be $39, 110 if everything holds.

As a side note, I have read several times that shipping is included in the SAI pricing. Does that remove the $745 Destination and Delivery from Ford? Or, does that remain as the charge to deliver the car to SAI. Also destination and delivery is also not usually qouted as part of the price.

I can confirm that I heard from my dealer today too. He said $7300 for Shelby package plus $1,000 for Gas Guzzler tax. I added the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts plus I'm getting charged an extra $1,000 dealer mark up. So my prices out at $39,825 plus tax, title and lic., so $41,800!! Ouch Mr. Shelby I'm not happy after hearing $35,900 from Amy. Heck the SAI Maroney on the Hertz cars was $8,200, So if you put the 54U upfitters package and add the SAI package your looking at $9,400 for the upgrades. It would be nice for that price if we got Carroll's autograph too!! IAGT

Amy cannot control $1,000 markup, nor the $1,000 GG Tax, or even the plus tax, title and lic.-- you would always have to pay for this no matter what you buy. You can control the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts.

Grabber, I'm not down grading SAI. I simply am confused and in shock at the difference between $35.9 and the now new price of close to $40k. I'm sure it will be a fine car and I've always wanted a Shelby so I'll pay the price, but it is a little disheartening. IAGT

Take off $2,000 for the ADM & GG Tax, that's $38. She said $35.9, a delta of $2,100. Then add Tax, title, & License-- and the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts. She was, in fact, pretty damn close. For an early estimate. :finger::finger:

I'm sure there are about 20 folks lined up behind you to buy your car if you don't. ;)

.....I just had a thought, earlier I said the base price without options was $36,335. The others who got this pricing said that delivery was included fomr SAI. Say it cost $435 (about 2/3 of Ford's D&D) that would mean the MSRP is $35,900. So therefore I am only upset about the GAS Gussler Tax. By the way don't forget EPA standards changed for 2007 which probably had something to do with the Gas Gussler Tax.

Amy cannot control $1,000 markup, nor the $1,000 GG Tax, or even the plus tax, title and lic.-- you would always have to pay for this no matter what you buy. You can control the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts.

Take off $2,000 for the ADM & GG Tax, that's $38. She said $35.9, a delta of $2,100. Then add Tax, title, & License-- and the Interior upgrade, Anti-theft and locking wheel nuts. She was, in fact, pretty damn close. For an early estimate. :finger::finger:

I'm sure there are about 20 folks lined up behind you to buy your car if you don't. ;)

shelby gt is not available up here in canada because in fords words

'we have the california special" I would be happy to have the opportuinity to to pay 40000 thousnd

'

I read that there are only going to be 6000 of these cars made. Rare find. Pay the piper and be happy your getting one.

+1. And that number of cars is correct.

shelby gt is not available up here in canada because in fords words

'we have the california special" I would be happy to have the opportuinity to to pay 40000 thousnd

'

+1. At least us Americans can get one...

edit-- "40000 thousnd"? isn't that $40,000,000? Geez, that is alot of Canadian $!!! :hysterical::hysterical2:

The GT/CS is a nice car. If it is available in Canada, you should get one. I bought one, so I am speaking from experiance. They are unique and only a 1 year run.

GRABBER I have actually talked to ford canada and like i said the shelby gt is not available in canada because in there words

'we have the california special"

the california special is a nice car but could have been a great car like the california specials of the late 60's if they would have made it more special and desired like more stock horsepower 300 horse power is not a muscle car otherwise the styling is good but also having california special written on back fender was classic

GRABBER I have actually talked to ford canada and like i said the shelby gt is not available in canada because in there words

'we have the california special"

the california special is a nice car but could have been a great car like the california specials of the late 60's if they would have made it more special and desired like more stock horsepower 300 horse power is not a muscle car otherwise the styling is good but also having california special written on back fender was classic

Excuse me, but I need to educate you on some things. You say the GT/CS is not a muscle car. Did you know that the Shelby GT has the same engine except it has a Ford Racing power pack that gives it a whopping 19 more ponies. It also has the same front clip and the fake hood scoop is almost the same. The exhaust and suspm is upgraded on the Shelby GT. The CS has a rear clip like the GT500. My point is that the 2 cars are similar. I know your bent because Canada is not getting the Shelby GT, but that is no reason to say the CS is not a muscle car. Sorry I brought it up.

Archived