TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines

Since I snagged a set of Brembo take offs for my SGT, I decided to add the Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines while I'm at it. I searched several vendors, but the best price I found was from Stranoparts.com at $169.95 for the four line set. So I called them to check on availability and I was told they had several sets on the way that should be there in two days, so I ordered a set...$10.00 shipping to Texas from PA. Best price I have found anywhere and the young lady who answered the phone was very nice to boot.

I'll post some pics of the install when I get the brakes and lines this week hopefully...

Forgot to add that this is the Goodridge 12364 kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang...

Stranoparts.com Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines

I had a tough time finding anyone that had them in stock. Everyone told me they would be there within days. I had an order with Stillen for a month or more that I eventually canceled. I ended up getting a good deal from someone here on TS. If you can get them, they're a great mod IMO. I still haven't installed the rear lines, but the fronts are working out great.

Ken

Since I snagged a set of Brembo take offs for my SGT, I decided to add the Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines while I'm at it. Forgot to add that this is the Goodridge 12364 kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang...

Just checking that these will work on the GT500 Brembo take offs, as I have been searching too.

This is the product information at Stranoparts, and I was wondering about the "(excluding GT500)"

Complete set of 4 Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake lines for the 2005+ Mustang (excluding GT500).

I appreciate your comments given you talked directly to the source.

Thanks

Larry

That kit won't work on the Brembos. You need to find a set of stainless lines made for the GT500. The rears are the same, the fronts, however, are different.

My brother has stainless lines on his Cobra. I'll ask him which brand he went with.

Ken

That kit won't work on the Brembos. You need to find a set of stainless lines made for the GT500. The rears are the same, the fronts, however, are different.

My brother has stainless lines on his Cobra. I'll ask him which brand he went with.

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for the confirming my suspicion.

Seems odd that it is that hard to find a set for the GT500 front brakes.

Let us know when you more information on your brother's stainless lines.

Larry

Ken,

Thanks for the confirming my suspicion.

Seems odd that it is that hard to find a set for the GT500 front brakes.

Let us know when you more information on your brother's stainless lines.

Larry

His are Goodridge actually. He bought his from Evo: http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?m...642c0ba40912341

However, the part # is identical to the link provided in the 1st post. :headscratch:

I'm curious what the deal is. Maybe just an excuse to nab a few extra bucks from the Cobra owners? They're the same kit!

Ken

Since I snagged a set of Brembo take offs for my SGT, I decided to add the Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines while I'm at it. I searched several vendors, but the best price I found was from Stranoparts.com at $169.95 for the four line set. So I called them to check on availability and I was told they had several sets on the way that should be there in two days, so I ordered a set...$10.00 shipping to Texas from PA. Best price I have found anywhere and the young lady who answered the phone was very nice to boot.

I'll post some pics of the install when I get the brakes and lines this week hopefully...

Forgot to add that this is the Goodridge 12364 kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang...

I have the Goodrich 12364 kit on my 2008 GT500 and they fit fine. I have had them on for 8 months and no issues.

Just checking that these will work on the GT500 Brembo take offs, as I have been searching too.

This is the product information at Stranoparts, and I was wondering about the "(excluding GT500)"

Complete set of 4 Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake lines for the 2005+ Mustang (excluding GT500).

I appreciate your comments given you talked directly to the source.

Thanks

Larry

Larry and Ken,

I saw the disclaimer of (Excluding GT500) as well, but the Ford Racing Big Brake Upgrade pdf shows this Goodridge part number (12364) as working with the Brembo brakes...so that is what I looked for. If it doesn't work for some reason, I'll be sure to let you guys know, but the brake lines should be the same for all S197 Mustangs, V6, GT and GT500...

Brembo_Brake_Install.pdf

I ended up going with the Earl's lines from Lethal Performance. I've used Earl's stuff in racing applications for years with no problems. I can't imagine that they are not up to the same quality as the Goodridge ones. Also, since Lethal is a supporting vendor on this site, I thought that I would use them. They are also only $114.99 for all four. Not sure why there is such a huge cost difference on some of these lines.

Earl's makes great stuff, so I wouldn't hesitate going with them either. Steeda makes a kit also FYI.

I guess I just assumed that since the Goodridge lines I ever looked at said "excluding GT500", there'd be a reason for it. Silly me! :lol:

I ended up going with the Earl's lines from Lethal Performance. I've used Earl's stuff in racing applications for years with no problems. I can't imagine that they are not up to the same quality as the Goodridge ones. Also, since Lethal is a supporting vendor on this site, I thought that I would use them. They are also only $114.99 for all four. Not sure why there is such a huge cost difference on some of these lines.

Jeff,

Is this the lines your purchased from Lethal Performance?

Earls 07-09 GT500 Hyperfirm Braided Brake Lines

Manufactured by: EarlsModel: 28B600ERLStarting at: $114.99

Also, same model number listed for: Earls 05-09 Mustang GT Hyperfirm Braided Brake Lines

Any idea of what if any differences to the Goodridge ones?

See that Lethal has these lines which are even more than the Goodrigdge set:

J&M 07-09 GT500 Front & Rear Brake Hose Kit (pair)

Manufactured by: J&M ProductsModel: JM-22530Starting at: $229.79

Thanks

Larry

His are Goodridge actually. He bought his from Evo: http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?m...642c0ba40912341

However, the part # is identical to the link provided in the 1st post. :headscratch:

I'm curious what the deal is. Maybe just an excuse to nab a few extra bucks from the Cobra owners? They're the same kit!

Ken

The Goodridge 12364 kit fits 05-09 Mustang GT and GT500.

Dan

Jeff,

Is this the lines your purchased from Lethal Performance?

Earls 07-09 GT500 Hyperfirm Braided Brake Lines

Manufactured by: EarlsModel: 28B600ERLStarting at: $114.99

Also, same model number listed for: Earls 05-09 Mustang GT Hyperfirm Braided Brake Lines

Thanks

Larry

Yes, those are the same ones that I got. Not sure of the difference to the Goodridge lines. Same part number for the Mustang GT and the GT500.

Archived