TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT left for GT/SC upgrade in Las Vegas

After some consideration between having my '08 convertible modified to the GT/SC package locally by Quantum Performance or SAI in Las Vegas, I decided to have the build completed by SAI in Las Vegas. It should make for a nice drive back to Dallas from Las Vegas at the end of the month and, after all, any excuse to go to Vegas is always good!!!! Roger at SAI was able to work the car in this month which worked out well for me.

While it's there, I'm having the lower grill/fog light assembly installed, and the hood pin corrosion and hood stripe/scoop repaired. post-26281-1255362436_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362643_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362759_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362870_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362436_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362643_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362759_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255362870_thumb.jpg

After some consideration between having my '08 convertible modified to the GT/SC package locally by Quantum Performance or SAI in Las Vegas, I decided to have the build completed by SAI in Las Vegas. It should make for a nice drive back to Dallas from Las Vegas at the end of the month and, after all, any excuse to go to Vegas is always good!!!! Roger at SAI was able to work the car in this month which worked out well for me.

While it's there, I'm having the lower grill/fog light assembly installed, and the hood pin corrosion and hood stripe/scoop repaired. post-26281-1255362436_thumb.jpg

Awesome!!! Congrats!!! Say hi to Bud and Roger!!

Great choice as it never hurts to have the work done by Bud and his Mod Shop guys. Are you having them do the cooling system upgrade for your car? I see you are in Texas and it would appear that you, of all people, could most benefit from the modification.

Did SAI give you a return date for the car? Good luck with the anxiety while you wait for your car to be done. :hysterical:

Looking forward to the photos when you pick the car up.

Jim

Great choice as it never hurts to have the work done by Bud and his Mod Shop guys. Are you having them do the cooling system upgrade for your car? I see you are in Texas and it would appear that you, of all people, could most benefit from the modification.

Did SAI give you a return date for the car? Good luck with the anxiety while you wait for your car to be done. :hysterical:

Looking forward to the photos when you pick the car up.

Jim

Jim, the car should be completed by the end of October - Roger said a couple weeks once the car arrives. From talking with Kenny at Quantum and a few other owners in Texas and elsewhere, nobody indicated there are any over-heating issues with the stock radiator. This won't be a daily driver, but, if there are over-heating issues, I'll have the radiator triple cored.

nobody indicated there are any over-heating issues with the stock radiator. This won't be a daily driver, but, if there are over-heating issues, I'll have the radiator triple cored.

It is not that the motor overheats. It is the heat soak that brings you down in you are tracking the car at all. If you are not going to track it, probably not an issue.

Jim

It is not that the motor overheats. It is the heat soak that brings you down in you are tracking the car at all. If you are not going to track it, probably not an issue.

Jim

I don't see me "tracking" the car so, as you noted, I don't think it will be an issue.

John

If you dont mind me asking, what was your freight cost?

Chris

It was $850 from Dallas enclosed. He had to drop-off a car here on Sunday so I believe I got a little price break. Most of the other recommended carriers I called wanted $1200. Accurate Transportation is recommended by SAI also, and from what I gather, they are used quite often by the Shelby owners transporting their vehicles to Las Vegas.

I received an email and some photos this afternoon from Cynthia in the SAI sales office that my convertible arrived and was admitted to the mod shop. Cynthia and Roger have been great to work with and today I talked with Bud for a while who was also very helpful with all my questions. Everyone there has been a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to my trip out there in a couple weeks.

post-26281-1255483268_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255483290_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255483305_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255483268_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255483290_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255483305_thumb.jpg

Sweet, I know how you feel mine will be finished in the next week or two. My question for you is, when I was setting things up with SAI Doug Sinclair told me that I could not get BOTH brake vents & lights with the SC MOD. If it is possible to do both I would like to have it done before my father picks up the car for me since I am in Iraq. Please, any advice or word one way or the other is appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Sweet, I know how you feel mine will be finished in the next week or two. My question for you is, when I was setting things up with SAI Doug Sinclair told me that I could not get BOTH brake vents & lights with the SC MOD. If it is possible to do both I would like to have it done before my father picks up the car for me since I am in Iraq. Please, any advice or word one way or the other is appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Not to hi-jack this thread, but...

Semper Fi, Mac!

Nice name. Welcome to TS and thanks for your service! :salute:

USMC '78-'82

Semper Fidelis

Hi, Marinespeed, SAI can do the lights/brake vents kit while it is there. After initial consideration on mine, I decided to go with just the lower grill and have canceled the light/brake vent kit for now. I think I like the cleaner look more, but that could change once I see the lights/brake vents kit installed on an SGT.

I tested with SAI the cooling system package. Even if you are driving in the summer in Texas with a Supercharged car you can benefit from the cooling package. The heat exchanger keeps IAT2's down low and the radiator really helps with cylinder head temperatures and overall operating ambient temperature. I doubt you are going to drive it like a "Granny" when you get it and when the car gets hot and retards timing you might re-think the cooling package.

All of the folks at SAI that have supercharged GT's and drive around Las Vegas have it and love it. Some cars see track time and some don't but even in daily driving the cooling package makes big difference.

SAI tested and approved. The first time some goober wants to run you from a roll keep all of your spark advance and timing and whip some tail.

Sounds like it is going to be a great car and you'll have a lot of fun with it either way. Just thought I would give you my .02 from what the cooling package truly offers.

Van

Semper Fidelis

The only configuration that removes the brake vents/lights combination is the KB. That is what I have and I do not miss the lights in the least. I think most who have the lights will tell you they are more cosmetic than anything else -- nothing wrong with them per se but getting the KB was all I cared about when it came down to it.

I would also suggest the cooling package that Van was touting. It is on my list for sure, especially now that I experienced a hot August track day and saw first hand what happens when temperatures are not well managed.

Congratulations on your car. And thank you, and all your buddies, for your service in these difficult times. If ever there was a person who deserves one of these cars, it is you.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, but I hadn't noticed any new posts here. Long story short, went to Vegas and flew home the same day. The car had some issues and I'm still waiting. When I get it back, I'll post some reviews on the beast.

Issues that needed tissues? What were the issues?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPT I hope it was under warranty?

What a minute your probably joking......... hahahah thats funny

Nope!! I will let him tell the story, but he lives in Dallas and I talked to him personally. Yes..A NEW ENGINE was needed, and YES, SAI Paid the Bill.

Archived