TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT Intake, pre painted strut tower bar and caps

Tucker

You all know about our Carbon Fiber intake tube to replace the stocker. JLT 2010 Intake tube

Well we have them in Blue and Red Carbon Fiber. The blue looks great on Kona Blue as seen here:

tn_2010%20GT500%20055.jpg

We also now offer pre painted OEM GT500 strut tower bars. This will only fit with the JLT intake tube and our supplied spacers. We offer them in solid colors for only $139 and we can paint on the stripes for only $25 extra. All bars are new OEM Ford bars for the 2007-09 GT500. We prep and paint them with high quality urathane paints just like your car. Stripes are cleard over as well.

If ordering the stripes, be sure to note this is for a 2010 in the comments section as the stripes are different sizes then 07-09 years. (we have all measurments)

JLT Pre Painted strut bars

tn_2010%20GT500%20067.jpg

And to top off the look under the hood we can dress up the ugly strut tower bolts with a color matched cover. These will fit any 2010 GT500 with or without the strut bar, but if you order our bar we need to modify them to fit. Simply select this in a drop down box when ordering and it's done!

JLT Strut tower covers

tn_2010%20GT500%20066.jpg

Thank you for looking,

Jay

Looks awesome, Jay!!

Question for you, for 2010/2011, looking at adding the FRPP Handling Pack and from what I understand it is the same kit as the 07 thru 09 but the strut tower brace will not fit due to the intake tube. With the JLT tube it will fit, as you've said. The question is, since it will come with the Handling Pack, could I send you the brace and could you paint it, with stripes? How much?

THANKS!!

Looks awesome, Jay!!

Question for you, for 2010/2011, looking at adding the FRPP Handling Pack and from what I understand it is the same kit as the 07 thru 09 but the strut tower brace will not fit due to the intake tube. With the JLT tube it will fit, as you've said. The question is, since it will come with the Handling Pack, could I send you the brace and could you paint it, with stripes? How much?

THANKS!!

I have the FRPP Handling Pack with the Strut Tower Brace AND the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake Tube...and YES, the strut tower brace fits with the JLT tube. Make sure when you order the JLT tube that you also get the SPACERS for the strut tower brace. It all works and looks great!

Looks awesome, Jay!!

THANKS!!

Thanks for the comments. On the 07-09 GT500 the FRPP bar hits the JLT tube, but Justindewoody says it fit. I need to look into this.

Painting this bar will run $100 with stripes plus return shipping.

Thanks

you need to add sterling gray to the 2010 drop down.

Added, thank you for the info. Don't know how I missed my top color :)

I have the FRPP Handling Pack with the Strut Tower Brace AND the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake Tube...and YES, the strut tower brace fits with the JLT tube. Make sure when you order the JLT tube that you also get the SPACERS for the strut tower brace. It all works and looks great!

Did you have any issue with the small rearward bar hitting the tube? Any pictures?

Thanks

Jay

Thanks for the comments. On the 07-09 GT500 the FRPP bar hits the JLT tube, but Justindewoody says it fit. I need to look into this.

Painting this bar will run $100 with stripes plus return shipping.

Thanks

Added, thank you for the info. Don't know how I missed my top color :)

Did you have any issue with the small rearward bar hitting the tube? Any pictures?

Thanks

Jay

No issues. But please note that if you do NOT use the spacers, the brace will touch the tube. If you DO use the spacers, you clear it with no problems. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

^^

Yes and yes.

Is it needed? No, not really, but it came on all 2007-09 GT500 and when painted with the stripes to match it just looks cool under the hood.

Some say Ford made the 2010 body structure stronger and dropped it, but I'm can't confirm that. Seems to me Ford made the car quiter with that huge intake muffler and now the bar doesn't fit.

• 1 month later...

The tube on a 2010 is worth about 4-5 RWHP. It's more for looks, being able to use the strut bar and getting the supercharger noise back.

We will be testing our new 125mm CAI next week on a 2010 GT500 :salute:

I'm looking forward to the results!

beating the bottom of the bar or cutting it and welding it.

The rear bar hits the tube

Jay

Thanks for the detail Jay. I have a pic of my engine bay with the FRPP bar in place.

I guess the area you reference would hit the CAI inlet tube. How much interference

we talking about in terms of how much I have to beat on the bar ?

Bummer, always had planned on using your CAI when the time came.

th_07shelbypaintedstruttowerbrace011.jpg

th_07shelbypaintedstruttowerbrace010.jpg

IS

Thanks for the detail Jay. I have a pic of my engine bay with the FRPP bar in place.

I guess the area you reference would hit the CAI inlet tube. How much interference

we talking about in terms of how much I have to beat on the bar ?

Bummer, always had planned on using your CAI when the time came.

th_07shelbypaintedstruttowerbrace011.jpg

th_07shelbypaintedstruttowerbrace010.jpg

IS

Anyone ever encountered this JLT CAI and FRPP bar interference ? Sure like the JLT, but hate to beat the crap out

of the bar. I've heard that grinding the bar down in the contact area of the CAI tube + some spacers might

yield the correct clearance. Anyone have pics of the spacers or have had luck in making this fit ?

IS

Hey Tucker, I'd like to order the strut tower covers and possibly the painted bar, but I'd like to know if there is an ETA (if at all) on the color-matched battery cover and other covers. If I recall, GAFSoldier had them on his for a short time, but they didn't fit perfrectly well. Are there any plans to modify these so they fit for the 2010s?

Edit: I have your black carbon fiber CAI intake tube, and it's beautiful!

Just received my painted bar today and installed it without the spacers and there is plenty of room where nothing is hitting. I already have the Jlt intake tube installed. I have my chrome strut caps installed over the bar and everything looks great. I will try to take some pics tomorrow.

Archived