TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Comparison 07-09 vs 10

FiaCobra

Didn't want to post this in the 2010 forum because I don't want them thinking i'm crapping on their car but......

I like the 07 - 09's better and here's why:

- Rear. I sat in the car (2010) and looked it over very carefully. I really wanted to love this car but I just couldn't. The thing I can't get over is the rear. For the life of me, I don't know why the designers did that. I did notice something however. There was a spoiler delete GT at the dealership and the spoiler definitely makes the rear look better than a spoiler delete. So, to those guys just getting a regular 2010 GT, they should opt for a spoiler.

- The antenna. Yes, the placement is in the right spot but the base is goofy looking. Someone should come out with a better aftermarket one.

- The dash. Not liking the dash one bit. Looks like i'm in the brides minivan.

- Faux gas cap. Way too clunky looking

Ok, enough bashing but hey, this is my thread and I can say what I want.

Here are the things I do like.

- 19" rims. Yes, they look good and they fill up the wheel well better

- 4" Exhaust. Looks killer but didn't hear it

- CAI. What's not to like?

- Shifter knob

- Colored inserts for the seats

Overall, it's a nice car but on the appearance side of things, I think the 07 - 09's are winners.

I'm glad I had the chance to pick up an '08 before the 2010's hit the market.

Why did I start this thread you ask? I dunno, just had to get it off my chest.

I've noticed that most of the people who "hate" the rear are owners of 05-09. Haters. =D

I have owned both an 07 and 10. The '10 looks better inside and out from every angle. Sorry to hate!

You are the first I have heard complain about the interior though. It is of much higher quality than 05 - 09. Can't see how anyone could debate that.

I don't hate, but just laugh at the shortcommings...........

If the 2010 was the better looking car I would seriously try to trade up..........

Trading down is not an option......... :hysterical:

I've noticed that most of the people who "hate" the rear are owners of 05-09. Haters. =D

I have owned both an 07 and 10. The '10 looks better inside and out from every angle. Sorry to hate!

You are the first I have heard complain about the interior though. It is of much higher quality than 05 - 09. Can't see how anyone could debate that.

Sorry Chris, but I respectfully disagree with you. I seriously tried to love this car but, I just can't. The interior of the 2010 is not all it's cracked up to be. I was surprisingly disappointed today after sitting in the car.

Sorry Chris, but I respectfully disagree with you. I seriously tried to love this car but, I just can't. The interior of the 2010 is not all it's cracked up to be. I was surprisingly disappointed today after sitting in the car.

I too am one who doesn't understand how some feel the 2010 interior is light-years ahead of the 07-09's???

Best angles I could find:

m5lp_0809_06_z%202007_shelby_gt_500%20interior.jpg

2010ShelbyGT500_interior.jpg

Looks are subjective of course. Materials? No. It's a fact the 2010 are much higher quality there. The center ridge isn't one solid piece of billet plastic with two caves drilled for drinks for one. The 2010 has alcantera in the seats and wheel. The 2010 has a carved metal airbag ornament, not a plastic decal. The 2010 has real aluminum trim, not more billet plastic. The 2010 has softtouch materials everywhere, not hard plastics. Look at the speaker grills. Look everywhere.

How about the gigantic plastic monster ebrake lever on the 07 compared to the alcantera boot and leather handle on the 2010?

Need I mention the seats, front and back, are REAL LEATHER and not vinyl with leather seating surfaces? That counts for nothing to you?

Materials are one thing. Aesthetics are another. The 2010 looks goofy to me, the lines aren't right, similar to how I see the inside of the new Camaro.

The outside? Well there's way too much to mention about the outside. Ford did it in the late 60's to the beautiful little Pony car and they've done it again in 2010.

Ken

Maybe Ford is taking notice to all this "bagging" and will make a change for 2011????????

The interior has been well received as a massive improvement. The only people I have heard not liking the interior are owners of 07-09 GT500s =D. 05-09 GT owners love it too. The rear end, maybe. The biggest critics of a new model of Mustang are always the owners of 1 model previous.

I remember well all the haters in late 04 when the 05's hit the streets.

You maybe right????????

I was actually anticipating that the 07-09 GT-500 styling would be tough to improve on.........

However my opinion of the changes are fair and unbiased to me as I would have considered

trading for the 2010 for the performance and handling improvements............

You maybe right????????

I was actually anticipating that the 07-09 GT-500 styling would be tough to improve on.........

However my opinion of the changes are fair and unbiased to me as I would have considered

trading for the 2010 for the performance and handling improvements............

Spend a few hundred on the FRPP handling pack, a cold air intake, and a tune. There ya go, all the handling and performance of the 2010 in a much prettier package. :lol:

Chris.......not trying to hate on your car only to love mine but.....I truly feel this way. While the interior on the 2010 may have better materials, the design and layout are lacking. Don't get me wrong, the 2010 is a nice car with improvements but, not my cup of tea.

I'm looking to possibly trade my '08 GT-500 in for a GT-500KR but, before doing so, I wanted to really look into the 2010 GT-500. I did and the conclusion I came to was.....get the KR or keep my '08.

I like the 2010 interior except for the center dash air vent and the stripes

on the seats..............

Funny how looks are subjective. Those are two of the things I like. I think the dash is much nicer than my '08. I think the square vents are a better fit in the center. The round ones are like an afterthought. But let's face it. The rear is a deal killer. "Happy Butt Ugly" is not for me!

I think we're all amiss here.

Thank Godness Mr. Shelby and Ford blessed us in 2007 and beyond so we can all be kids once again!!

As far as the minor year differences.....isn't that what makes the world go round...to each is own

As my grandmother always said....if you don't have something nice to say better just say nothing at all

. The rear end, maybe. The biggest critics of a new model of Mustang are always the owners of 1 model previous.

Actually, most mustang owners are trying real hard to like the new rear. Browse other car forums, they (non mustang owners) really think the rear end sucks the big one. I don't dislike the rear, it goes with the other changes on the '10. However, I really was sold on the retro 'blocky' look of the older model, so '09 for me. I don't car much about interior accouterments in my muscle cars.

Lets forget about Grandma.....this is the internet where opinions run wild. Plus, I bet she doesn't drive a 500hp machine. Tell her to stick to making apple pies and knitting sweaters.

I bet her rear is ugly too.......lol

While the center section of the steering wheel is metal, it does not say "Shelby GT 500" like the 07-09s do. It just has the snake in the middle and that's it. I could have gotten a 2010 but opted for a 2009 because they look "classic" and the rear end treatment on the 2010 still has not grown on me and probably won't, however, if you are happy with your 2010, then that's all that matters.

Saw my first 2010 GT500 today in a parking lot near where I work and I have to admit, this car looks much better in person than what I have been seeing online. It was deep blue with the white stripes and looked very nice. Until today I was sold on getting a 2009 model but now I may reconsider the 2010 model.

Archived