TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Near Miss

SGT/SC#0471

So last night I took my family to a dinner party at an artist friends house. Great time and there was a rather famous cartoonist there, cool guy. So as we are leaving the guy is bcking down the dead end narrow street and as he is passing by my SGT I am thinking "would'nt that suck if this guy hit my car...would be a bad ending to a great evening with nice friends". Right when he was at about mt front fender I looked down at my daughter the I heard the loud crunch sound of breaking plastic and cars colliding. Thankfully dude sideswiped the car right in front of me backing out and missed my SGT...but man did my heart sink....

Screwed up the other car, but missed mine...guess there's a reason dude makes cartoons and is not a driving instructor...haha!

Another good luck event for 471. :shift:

So last night I took my family to a dinner party at an artist friends house. Great time and there was a rather famous cartoonist there, cool guy. So as we are leaving the guy is bcking down the dead end narrow street and as he is passing by my SGT I am thinking "would'nt that suck if this guy hit my car...would be a bad ending to a great evening with nice friends". Right when he was at about mt front fender I looked down at my daughter the I heard the loud crunch sound of breaking plastic and cars colliding. Thankfully dude sideswiped the car right in front of me backing out and missed my SGT...but man did my heart sink....

Screwed up the other car, but missed mine...guess there's a reason dude makes cartoons and is not a driving instructor...haha!

Another good luck event for 471. :shift:

Had this guy been drinking?

Had this guy been drinking?

No thats the funny part, I had noticed specifically that he was not, as him and I were both drinking the mineral water...amazing. Dude just made a mistake.

Thankfully the car he hit was a moss covered beat up paint peeling Honda, but still did some damage...would have really messed up my car...

Glad the guy missed your car! Lucky for him...

My heart skipped a few beats last weekend in much the same type of incident...I was going to enter the SGT in a car show in Midland, so I get there for the early check in and there is a large pickup in front of me and the gentleman at the gate motions for me to wait on the street. I'm stopped, and the attendant starts motioning for the pickup to back up as he's standing in front of my car...well, the truck just kept on coming and I'm sitting there thinking "Is this guy going to stop?" The truck just kept coming and the man in front of my car was waving his hands for the guy to stop...I hit the horn with a long loud blast and the truck came to a stop just inches from the man who was at this time almost leaning on top of my car! Geezzzz, put the damn cell phone down and pay attention! I would have been really tee'd off if the guy had of hit my car...I'm afraid of what I would have really done...sometimes I scare myself...LOL

Archived