TEAM SHELBY FORUM

its over

greaser

Hi- I can feel with you....

I am in the same damn situation...Weather is gonna be colder and typical november weather...so I decided yesterday to clean the Shelby completely and prepared it for the winter season in the garage....No more Shelby driving for 5-6 months......Damn I'm gonna miss that baby......I am little bit jealous of all our TS Members and friends who can drive the whole year their Shelbys...

:salute:

30.jpg

30.jpg

Not much time left here in CT either, however I do plan to take her for a spin today at some point. Also, I'm taking it down to Summit Point, WV for a track day on 10/31 (praying for good weather)....then, that will probably be it until spring.... :( except that sometimes there is an occasional decent day when the roads are clean, etc....

On the other hand, it does keep the mileage down and it will allow me some time to do some things I haven't been able to get to, like attacking my rear axle rust....

You Northern folks ought to move down here to Miami,FL- ;)

Our show seasons continues on, it's so hard to choose :banghead: as to which one to attend.

Our daily weather......

Bummer you have to have all those clouds in the sky. :hysterical: Not so much here in San Diego.

Jim

Finally getting good here too. You can actually drive during the day without air conditioning on full blast. Car would come back so hot I would open the hood and roll a portable swamp cooler to the grill and turn in on for 2-3 hours to cool it off before I could close the hood.

Car would come back so hot I would open the hood and roll a portable swamp cooler to the grill and turn in on for 2-3 hours to cool it off before I could close the hood.

Now that's hot . . . .

Jim

Sorry your seasons over it means we arent far behind in Indiana do they use rock salt or the liquid chemical which is much worse stay on the road longer

the liquid is actually much better as there is no material to bounce and scatter on the undercarriage and in the wheel wells.

It was snowing Saturday morning at 6:00 am when I let the dog out, not hard enough or long enough to salt roads so hopefully I can get one more weekend of driving in.

:shift:

Sorry your seasons over it means we arent far behind in Indiana do they use rock salt or the liquid chemical which is much worse stay on the road longer

they use a combo of both it realy eats up the cars and i just cant bring myself to drive on it.

I LOVE MINNESOTA soon it will be time to get the sled out. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I bet we will get more rain and wash the salt off the road before winter truely comes here.

this is true i have my sled all ready to go just waiting for some real snow now. i am not sure about the rain tho they are calling for more snow today.

There are no seasons here - just 'hotter than all hell' and 'not quite as hot'. It's a great place to live if driving is your thing. :shift:

Ken

except the enviro nazis run the state. now navada that would be good at least i think it would be.

Our show seasons continues on, it's so hard to choose :banghead: as to which one to attend.

Our daily weather......

_DSF1956.jpg

Now let's be totally truthful about the weather before we stick it to our northern friends. I just attended the Fort Lauderdale Mustang Club show at Maroone Ford. The weather was picture perfect, until you added the searing heat into the picture. The last two weeks in Central and South Florida has been as hot as July with nearly 100% humidity. Now once we get into November-May, THEN we can stick it to our northern friends!! Come down and visit and spend your money please northern friends, our City, County, and State Governements need a bail out!! But do not speed, as the Florida Highway Patrol is doing it's best to single handedly balance the State's budget. :drool:

Now let's be totally truthful about the weather before we stick it to our northern friends. I just attended the Fort Lauderdale Mustang Club show at Maroone Ford. The weather was picture perfect, until you added the searing heat into the picture. The last two weeks in Central and South Florida has been as hot as July with nearly 100% humidity. Now once we get into November-May, THEN we can stick it to our northern friends!! Come down and visit and spend your money please northern friends, our City, County, and State Governements need a bail out!! But do not speed, as the Florida Highway Patrol is doing it's best to single handedly balance the State's budget. :drool:

I agree with the searing heat and that is why lately my brother in law and I just go spear fishing/fishing, tubing and the like.

Some car shows are just too hot to stand around and get burned.

GHT0007, will you be going to the Steeda Stampede?

The water is still perfect for a month or so before it starts to get a bit cold to do the fun stuff but fishing will be picking up soon.

DSC03557.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

Seattle...we are good except for a few weeks usually. My car does get wet however...but not as much as you'd think... Our section ofthe City usually gets a light snow a few times a year...I love bombin around in the 4x4's then yeeehhaaaa..

Let's just hope we don't have a repeat of last winter and get 2' again. It was fun for a couple of days but after 2 weeks it got pretty old. One thing about the PNW is we have seasons and fairly mild weather most of the time. but it's all the damn rain that get's to a guy. :)

Living in the north isn't so bad...you might have the warm weather..but up here we don't have to worry about alligators relieving themselves our Shelbys. :P

Its been snowing here in Southern MN all night and we have at least 3 inches that is staying on the ground. CRAZY, it normally doesn't snow this much until the middle of Nov or Dec :happy feet:

I might have to put mine away for the winter, too. :cry:

Our daily weather......

_DSF1956.jpg

you should post a pic of the weather at 4pm everyday when its raining...

or better yet, any day from April to Sept when its too hot to be outdoors.....

you can keep it.

Sand bar boy! :hysterical:

j/k...my whole family lives in Florida...

Ft. Lauderdale, Dania, Orlando, Ocala, Boca.....

Archived