TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Iacocca Mustang at Barrett-Jackson

Torched10

I didnt see the auction,but my guess is that the seller bought the car back.Theres a 10% seller and 15% buyer fee,so it would be a little steep,and its suposed to be against the rules,but BJ has been accused of that before.So if the bids were low,say under 250K,that might explin it.Ill have to see what they are going for

I didnt see the auction,but my guess is that the seller bought the car back.Theres a 10% seller and 15% buyer fee,so it would be a little steep,and its suposed to be against the rules,but BJ has been accused of that before.So if the bids were low,say under 250K,that might explin it.Ill have to see what they are going for

The lady that bought the car bought many cars yesterday. I'm pretty sure I heard the announcer on Speed say she was associated with Galpin Ford.

PS__OK i checked--the standard car lists for 90K from Galpin.I think it starts life out as a GT,and comes with SC to 400hp.This particluar car is a test mule.kind of a one of a kind dealSo i think my assupmtion is right, Galpin was setting this up to creat an instant collectible market,and raise pricig and demand.Im glad the true Mustang enthusiast did get sucked in.BTW, we had a Pontiac dealer here in Atl try this with Firebirds-the added SC,paint schemes,suspension mods and called them Blackbird (the dealers name is Carl Black), and they were asking 100K for them.Didnt sell any at that price.All these guys are going for the Yenko strategy,but that wont work again

I agree $352K for that car. I do not get it at any level. The Shelby's we have look better and have performance numbers that should match or beat that at 1/7th the cost.

Wow and WTF is right!

the car was sharp, great lines but the chrome "Iacocca" log on the back just ruined it.

Update--- the 800HP shelbyPrudomme SS went for 275K--less than the Iacocca

Like most of you are posting, somethings up with that Iacocca Mustang auction.

Anyone know for sure who that gal was that purchased it? And for whom?

Funny how old Lee was supposed to be there but backed out with B-J saying that he needed to be in Italy for his birthday on the 15th. What Lee forgot when his b-day was when he signed up to be there?

Steve

Archived