TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Vegas 2009 - Shelby Cobra CSX2568

twobjshelbys

Boy it is tough to be both photographer and editor. :) I pulled all of the photos I took over the two days into one folder and started "light table" sorting. I culled these 10 (due to posting limits in other forums).

I was using a flash but wish I'd had someone to hold a second off camera unit. As it turns out most of these are without flash. All were taken with a Nikon D700 with 35-105 Micro Nikkor (you can't buy one of these any more!) I had the ISO on 5000 and when flash was used it was -2/3 backlight.

I've got a call in to someone I know to see if I can get the hood raised.

Enjoy:

DSC_5409.jpg

DSC_5321.jpg

DSC_5324.jpg

DSC_5327.jpg

DSC_5328.jpg

DSC_5404.jpg

DSC_5408.jpg

DSC_5416.jpg

DSC_5423.jpg

DSC_5425.jpg

For those non-Cobra afficianados this car "looks like a Cobra" but many would think it isn't. Back in the day, Shelby made two classes of 289 cars. This is one of what is called a "street" car. Note that it does not have: 1. A hood scoop. 2. A roll bar 3. Side pipes. 4. Fender wells (This is called a "slab side".) 5. Racing spinner wheels (wire spoke wheels were correct).

Estimates for this are $1.25-1.5M.

Checking my Wednesday Powerball tickets. :)

Boy it is tough to be both photographer and editor. :) I pulled all of the photos I took over the two days into one folder and started "light table" sorting. I culled these 10 (due to posting limits in other forums).

I was using a flash but wish I'd had someone to hold a second off camera unit. As it turns out most of these are without flash. All were taken with a Nikon D700 with 35-105 Micro Nikkor (you can't buy one of these any more!) I had the ISO on 5000 and when flash was used it was -2/3 backlight.

I've got a call in to someone I know to see if I can get the hood raised.

Enjoy:

DSC_5409.jpg

DSC_5321.jpg

DSC_5324.jpg

DSC_5327.jpg

DSC_5328.jpg

DSC_5404.jpg

DSC_5408.jpg

DSC_5416.jpg

DSC_5423.jpg

DSC_5425.jpg

thanks Tony :drool:

Again the select best of the rest of the story.

Frenchie, the guy driving, was a great help in January with our donation car and also with my Cobra. He helped me get the proper coolant levels for shipping to cold Colorado. I saw him driving it in the line - all of the drivers just wait in the line until their car comes up and he seemed a little bored.

DSC_5748.jpg

Engine pics:

DSC_5809.jpg

DSC_5810.jpg

DSC_5812.jpg

The fellow on the right is one of the new owners.

DSC_5895.jpg

This is one of the inside shots (I limit my posts to 10, so this one fit in).

DSC_5897.jpg

Carroll rarely "gets in the front seat". After the Prudhomme Super Snake, I spotted Frenchie driving CSX2568 back in (the wrong way) and he pulled it right in front of the Mustang for some Speed photo ops. It wasn't more than a few minutes later that Carroll came over, got in the front seat, and signed it.

DSC_5899.jpg

DSC_5901.jpg

The new owners. We chatted for a few minutes. They have a museum in Florida so at least we'll be able to see it if we go there. I think I've seen them buy cars at BJ in the past.

DSC_5903.jpg

Archived