TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 KR sells for $51,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuckstang

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I emailed the owner but I passed on it as I figured it was a scam

It had 69 miles on it, boy did I want it but my gut said no.

Anyone know anything more about this car or who bought it or owned it?

I felt like one could have bought at this price and flipped it easily for at least $5k quick profit

Chuck, you would not have been able to "flip" it and make a profit in this market. You would've had to pay tax on it and other fees. Aren't you in the market for one of these or a 2010 GT500?

How is your car running. Did you square away all the problems you had with it?

This seems to be right.

I know 2 people who bought in the last month for $55K for new cars.

This is a used car and one should expect depreciation. With so many new cars in dealer inventory, I think this guy did well to get $51.5K.

I also agree .... Dealers now are getting more motivated to unload these cars .... I almost sold a KR to one of our over seas client for $65,000 and this was about 6 mths ago. Ive seen dealers prices hitting the mid to high 50 k range.

A used one ... with a motivated buyer ... in the low 50's is a reachable price ... just make sure you do your due diligence in when looking into these cars

This seems to be right.

I know 2 people who bought in the last month for $55K for new cars.

This is a used car and one should expect depreciation. With so many new cars in dealer inventory, I think this guy did well to get $51.5K.

I have to agree the seller did well, the buyer not so sure. It is a used car.

A buyer willing to spend $52k should be shopping at dealerships for a new KR and not ebay for a used one.

Steve

Guys, technically it may be a used car but it has 69 miles and if you want to be technical, the dealership is always the first owner so theoretcally one could never be the true first owner.

$51,500 is alot cheaper than high $50s for a new one which you see alot on Ebay for new one at dealers.

Also, keep in mine this is an 09 which is even more rare and less likely to have the dreaded clutch problem.

I appologize for thinking this was a scam.

The KR will appreciate though and will be worth something and it will not take long for these cars to go up in value.

Mark my words the KR will be truly a good modern day classic unlike the regular GT500s or even all the SS, 40th and other post title cars that are being built.

If I had cash lieing around I would buy several of these KRs and hold onto them because once the market turns which it already is, these things will be worth something

Of course this is just my opinion but ya

Guys, technically it may be a used car but it has 69 miles and if you want to be technical, the dealership is always the first owner so theoretcally one could never be the true first owner.

$51,500 is alot cheaper than high $50s for a new one which you see alot on Ebay for new one at dealers.

Also, keep in mine this is an 09 which is even more rare and less likely to have the dreaded clutch problem.

I appologize for thinking this was a scam.

The KR will appreciate though and will be worth something and it will not take long for these cars to go up in value.

Mark my words the KR will be truly a good modern day classic unlike the regular GT500s or even all the SS, 40th and other post title cars that are being built.

If I had cash lieing around I would buy several of these KRs and hold onto them because once the market turns which it already is, these things will be worth something

Of course this is just my opinion but ya

Oh man, you and me both.

I agree that our KRs will be very rare in the future and will appreciate quite a bit. I was looking at production numbers from the 68 KRs, which we know are worth a lot of money these days. In 68 there were 1,452 KRs produced. Our production numbers are even less then these rare gems from the 60's. I have a bias though that the 40th anniversary will be worth more :-)

To be honest, I could care less how much they'll be worth in 40 years.

Ask yourself a question. When was the last time you actually sold something that was worth something? I have a big baseball card collection that I should have unloaded years ago. They're not worth much now compared to back then. The only people that will benefit from your "rare" car is your spouse or kids once you're dead. How many times have we heard about that gem in the barn that an old lady had in there since her old man passed away?

Fellas, stop worrying about what they may or may not be worth in the future. Cars are a terrible investment.

To be honest, I could care less how much they'll be worth in 40 years.

Ask yourself a question. When was the last time you actually sold something that was worth something? I have a big baseball card collection that I should have unloaded years ago. They're not worth much now compared to back then. The only people that will benefit from your "rare" car is your spouse or kids once you're dead. How many times have we heard about that gem in the barn that an old lady had in there since her old man passed away?

Fellas, stop worrying about what they may or may not be worth in the future. Cars are a terrible investment.

I agree 100%. That's probably why my son always asks "your not gonna drive that Shelby again are you" :hysterical:

Archived