TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett-Jackson hits Vegas!

Jer

TO many Shelby's but they don't get it. 289 Cobra $ 2.000.000 sold for $ 400.000 WHY ? Make a FB.

Because it was a no reserve auction and that's all a willing buyer was willing to spend. They actually camped on the price for quite a while (as they did with Leno's bike) but when the action stops the auction stops. I spoke with the seller who was resolved and the ecstatic new owners.

Who cares!!

Way overpriced cars paid by people who don't know any better and then makes buying for us difficult! Yea, woohoo

Because it was a no reserve auction and that's all a willing buyer was willing to spend. They actually camped on the price for quite a while (as they did with Leno's bike) but when the action stops the auction stops. I spoke with the seller who was resolved and the ecstatic new owners.

I think i understand how it works, what i was saying is there are too many contiuation Cobras out there . A car will lose it's collector status when the market is open ended in that model. No one knows how many future Cobras will be built. I also think the kit car for the Cobra has something to do with it. You see more cobras on the road then VW bugs . I personally don't care for the Cobra, give me a 07-10 Shelby any day. That's just a great looking machine.

Not try and hi-jack the threadbut, here are some shots I got. FYI, the photos of the rusty rearend are from the demo 2010 GT500 on display in the lobby ( I bet it is that rusty and has never even seen the road).

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu209/0...mview=slideshow

Not try and hi-jack the threadbut, here are some shots I got. FYI, the photos of the rusty rearend are from the demo 2010 GT500 on display in the lobby ( I bet it is that rusty and has never even seen the road).

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu209/0...mview=slideshow

WOW !! Thanks for taking the time and sharing all those great pictures .