TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have any KR owners gone with 20" Alcoa's for daily / shows?

txcobra

Agreed! Now to find a way to convinve the wife that I need to spend 5K on brakes right after the 3K I just dropped on wheels and tires. She keeps asking me, why I need to replace all these brand new parts on my brand new performance car... :hysterical:

Agreed! Now to find a way to convinve the wife that I need to spend 5K on brakes right after the 3K I just dropped on wheels and tires. She keeps asking me, why I need to replace all these brand new parts on my brand new performance car... :hysterical:

I had the same conversation. But be prepared, the number is more like $7500 between both front and rear sets and then installation. But I guess without install it's around $6500-$7000 depending on your sales tax. It was a tough sell for me as well. She kept saying "I don't understand why you need new wheels, tires and brakes on a car with less than 700 miles on it!". I gave up on the discussion and just ordered it all. Then I brought her out to look at the car and showed her how the new setup looked and i said "that's why I needed it!". She agreed that it look great and I escaped unscathed!!!

See that's where I am challenged...my wife tells me she literally cannot see the difference in the 18's and the 20's. I am going to have to get creative!!! Yep, you are right, I am looking at 6-7K on those brakes. Maybe I will wait for another amazing blowout sale at the Shelby Store!!

OK guys, the wheels look great, but I need a little more info before jumping off the fence :drool: It's the tires and the sizes of these tires. I know the tire size of JadeDaddy's, but could any others give me the tire sizes. I'm also looking at the height and side wall height of the tires because I'm getting confused with tire sizes and how the heights differ from brands and sizes. I hope that even made since!

Thanks Guys

Archived