TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nascar Mustang

hotrodrock

Got my Ford Racing email today, as a lot of members probably did, and it said the Mustang which Rousch will be racing in the Nationwide series next year will be unveiled next Tuesday. It will be labled as a 2010, but it really doesn't matter what year they call it, it still will look nothing like a Mustang other than some decals. Dodge is still saying it will switch to the Challenger name in Nascar in 2011 I believe. Again, it will look nothing like a Challenger except for some decals. Chevy has stated that it will not switch to the Camaro name for Nascar for exactly the reasons stated above. They said that it would dilute the Camaro name since it would look nothing like a Camaro. Ford has expressed concern in the past about what name to use since the cars in Nascar looked nothing like any real car.

As for myself, I long for those Trans Am series days of yesteryear when the Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, and Barracudas went at it and guess what, they looked just like the cars you drove off the showroom floor and provided fantastic racing.

HRR, I agree with much of your statement- love the old Trans am series.

Some of the same can be seen today in the Koni Challenge series... Challenger's & Camaro's will be joining the Mustangs in 2010...

http://www.konisportscarchallenge.com/

Just for future reference Jack spells his last name Roush-

That is all-

Those cars (Riley bodies ) in the Rolex races are pure ugly and i can not relate to them. The Koni series has Mustangs which are fun to watch. There's also a new series ( SPEED World Challenge GT ) that features Mustangs, Porsches, Corvettes,Vipers and Volvos . I saw this race @ Road Atlanta during the( American Lemans race week end) and it was great, and the sounds were just bone chilling. I think the Oct 10 race will be on TV Speed channel nov 3rd @ 2pm EST check your listing.

Got my Ford Racing email today, as a lot of members probably did, and it said the Mustang which Rousch will be racing in the Nationwide series next year will be unveiled next Tuesday. It will be labled as a 2010, but it really doesn't matter what year they call it, it still will look nothing like a Mustang other than some decals. Dodge is still saying it will switch to the Challenger name in Nascar in 2011 I believe. Again, it will look nothing like a Challenger except for some decals. Chevy has stated that it will not switch to the Camaro name for Nascar for exactly the reasons stated above. They said that it would dilute the Camaro name since it would look nothing like a Camaro. Ford has expressed concern in the past about what name to use since the cars in Nascar looked nothing like any real car.

As for myself, I long for those Trans Am series days of yesteryear when the Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, and Barracudas went at it and guess what, they looked just like the cars you drove off the showroom floor and provided fantastic racing.

Check out the Speed World Challenge GT it has Mustangs. Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers and yes Volvos going at it on some great race tracks. Nov 3rd on the Speed Channel @ 2pm EST.

Check out the Speed World Challenge GT it has Mustangs. Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers and yes Volvos going at it on some great race tracks. Nov 3rd on the Speed Channel @ 2pm EST.

Was down this weekend @ Laguna Seca with a group of great friends for our annual no kids/wives allowed vacation and really love watching the the "Cobras" lapping at speed even if there was no supercharger installed! The vette at the end was punted hard into the wall at the checker after beating on the rear end of the Porsche. If you get the opportunity go watch live or at the very least hit the record button on Speed and I guarantee a door to door thrilling race. Tivo is my best friend during the racing season to catch all the action! Frankly the whole Nascar circus has me looking elsewhere for something a bit more pure.

Archived