TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blacked out emblems/pics

2sharpie

I think it looks great,better than ithought.Now tell us how you did it,ie lined up the letteers

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry carefully!!!!!!! Used painters tape to tape up around all the edges of the stock emblems, removed them (came off a lot easier than the rear and side emblems) and then just carefully placed them before sticking them on. Once that adhesive hits you're done for!!!

Really makes your car look unique 2sharpie. I like that you're just changing and tweaking things..and not necessarily "adding" things.

Thanks...........I figured the blacked out emblems would be subtle..........yet definitely unique. Now I'm not sure if I want to do the wheels black.........I really like the look of them with the stock color.

2sharpie, is your front grille snake emblem also blacked out?

No it's not....wasn't sure if I wanted to do the grille emblem......was thinking it may get lost in all the black . Thoughts??? Also........not sure whether I want to tint 35% all around or 15%...or not at all. That will be my last thing..................for awhile!

post-25336-1255383648_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1255383648_thumb.jpg

No it's not....wasn't sure if I wanted to do the grille emblem......was thinking it may get lost in all the black . Thoughts??? Also........not sure whether I want to tint 35% all around or 15%...or not at all. That will be my last thing..................for awhile!

I can understand that the emblem might get lost in the grille. Actually that's how the running horse is on the regular 2010's Mustang GT's. :headscratch:

I was thinking the same thing...you have to know when to draw the line on modifications. But I was trying to picture your car with some level of tint. I really don't like tinted windows myself..but it might work for you. Also...I would think about the suggestion by blueovalkid about a rear decklid insert.

If I were you...after that I would call the car done!

That is the best looking 2010 I have seen. I don't know.... I think the rear end on the 2010 is starting to grow on me a bit. I would go 35% tint, and maybe throw in the SilverHorse quarter vent louvers. Your car looks great.

I looked again. I love the idea but all gloss on the rear is to much. Would look good broken up with the flat black around the snake like stock and gloss the outer. Everything gets lost with all that gloss paint.

Initially I thought the same.......but I think sometimes the flash/sunlight is a bit deceiving. In this pic the middle still looks flat.......when you see it in person its really not that glossy.

post-25336-1255400641_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1255400641_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived