TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Oct 2009 Las Vegas Road Rally

twobjshelbys

Today was the "parade". The exhibit area is not open yet. We were instructed to meet at a parking lot by the Convention Center near the north end of the strip Of course being IN the parade makes it impossible to get pictures of the procession but I did get lots of pictures of the cars.

The cars in the rally are consignment, those from local car clubs and some stragglers (like me).

There were at least two car club presences that were easy to figure out. One was the local Viper club and the other a group of Lotus cars.

Again, in groups of 10 for cross posting friendliness.

Ol' Yaller is a consignment car. I was surprised to see it here.

DSC_5108.jpg

DSC_5109.jpg

DSC_5113.jpg

DSC_5158.jpg

Roger from SAI and some other guys showed up with some members of the SAI corral. The 2010 Supersnake is sweet!

DSC_5115.jpg

DSC_5116.jpg

DSC_5117.jpg

This is a consignment.

DSC_5118.jpg

Pretty little cars in a row.

DSC_5119.jpg

DSC_5120.jpg

More Prudhomme.

DSC_5151.jpg

DSC_5152.jpg

Look at the skinny front tire!

DSC_5153.jpg

DSC_5154.jpg

DSC_5156.jpg

A viper with a carbon fiber hood. I saw it later and it also has a Paxton supercharger.

DSC_5157.jpg

There were three Barrett Jackson cars. Mine was one, Craig Jackson, and another of the Barrett Jackson principals. Mine is the back left, Craig's in front.

DSC_5161.jpg

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5163.jpg

Yes, there is a John Deer on consignment.

DSC_5164.jpg

Fantastic pics Tony, thanks for sharing. I've never been to a Barrett Jackson event, I really need to make it someday.

Just go some time. I now consider it a "car show event". Regular tickets get you to the cars outside and the nosebleed section during the auction. A bidder's pass (even if you don't buy anything) gets you stage access (although only on the stage and the wings). I'm hooked and will go to the Vegas and Scottsdale auctions for photos. THey announced a new California auction, and the Florida one makes 4 but I'm not a Florida person and California doesn't fit our regular vacation schedule.

Archived