TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone forced to burn E-10 in their GT500?

1BADGT500

Is anyone out there filling their car with an ethenol blended gasoline???

I live in Hawaii and all we have available for our cars is 92 octane with a 10% Ethenol blend called 92 E-10. It is mandated by state law and we have no other options available aside from importing race gas (way too expensive).

I have heard that E-10 results in a 10% total power loss and your mileage also suffers at a rate of about 10%from the ethenol in the gas and I believe it.

I have a 92 E-10 tune and a JLT intake from Justin at VMP tuning and my car doesn't even really spin the tires in second gear with TC off (other than a chirp during a hard shift) and I was wondering if anyone else running E-10 has noticed similar results.

I figure I should be running about 475 rwhp (conservatively) but if you subtract 10% for the E-10 I would be at about 425 or so but my car should still perform better than this. No I have not had it dynoed yet, I'd rather spend the 200 bucks (an hour) on something else at this point.

I know that the heat here (75-80 degrees) plays a part in the power loss and the traction in hot sunny weather (and on hot pavement) is increased substantially but I still think my car should burn the tires in second gear if I want it to. They wont even smoke in second at 30-40 mph if I push the clutch in, rev it and drop the clutch.... just a chirp and the car digs out....

Maybe my traction control or the switch is malfunctioning??

Just want to get some info from others out there stuck with E-10 and compare performance results.

Is anyone out there filling their car with an ethenol blended gasoline???

I live in Hawaii and all we have available for our cars is 92 octane with a 10% Ethenol blend called 92 E-10. It is mandated by state law and we have no other options available aside from importing race gas (way too expensive).

I have heard that E-10 results in a 10% total power loss and your mileage also suffers at a rate of about 10%from the ethenol in the gas and I believe it.

I have a 92 E-10 tune and a JLT intake from Justin at VMP tuning and my car doesn't even really spin the tires in second gear with TC off (other than a chirp during a hard shift) and I was wondering if anyone else running E-10 has noticed similar results.

I figure I should be running about 475 rwhp (conservatively) but if you subtract 10% for the E-10 I would be at about 425 or so but my car should still perform better than this. No I have not had it dynoed yet, I'd rather spend the 200 bucks (an hour) on something else at this point.

I know that the heat here (75-80 degrees) plays a part in the power loss and the traction in hot sunny weather (and on hot pavement) is increased substantially but I still think my car should burn the tires in second gear if I want it to. They wont even smoke in second at 30-40 mph if I push the clutch in, rev it and drop the clutch.... just a chirp and the car digs out....

Maybe my traction control or the switch is malfunctioning??

Just want to get some info from others out there stuck with E-10 and compare performance results.

A lot of other states require "blended" fuels like E-10, I don't know how much they actually put in Phoenix but the pumps say up to 10 percent. My car absolutely hazes the tires in second with the TC off. How many miles you have on yours, if its low, it should improve, mine did. :shift:

A lot of other states require "blended" fuels like E-10, I don't know how much they actually put in Phoenix but the pumps say up to 10 percent. My car absolutely hazes the tires in second with the TC off. How many miles you have on yours, if its low, it should improve, mine did. :shift:

I have 2800 or so miles now and I believe that something is just not right... checked the trouble codes via SCT tuner and nothing shows up.

I will call Justin and ask if he can steer me in the right direction.

Archived