TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this what we can expect from the Z28?

Just an educated guess, the production Z28 won't be as powerful as the Hennessey.

Agreed. No way will they put out that kind of horsepower. But all I can say is 2011 may be a good year for the Chevy/Ford battle. If we do in fact see a Z28, it will be good quarter mile competition with an aluminum block Shelby. I'm excited!!!!

Agreed. No way will they put out that kind of horsepower. But all I can say is 2011 may be a good year for the Chevy/Ford battle. If we do in fact see a Z28, it will be good quarter mile competition with an aluminum block Shelby. I'm excited!!!!

Me too! Competition is a good thing.

I agree....but just like our cars, i think a pulley swap and a tune will get it there...

Hey the thing I did not like, did you notice the blower was backwards, and there was a pully system running a little drive shaft? Not sure but wonder where the failure will happen first. To many belts, pulleys, and bearings for the drive shaft? No sir, don't like it.

Also was it just my screen or did the shelby have Red coolant? yep just watched it again, it did?

Once again, it takes a tuner to compete with the GT500.

Here are some facts to consider, the Camaro is stock compression with the blower which means any more boost and the motor will detonate. I wonder how long it will last with regular strip use before the pieces fly. On the other hand, the ford 5.4 s/c has produced well above 1000hp with reliability because it was engineered for use with a s/c. In order for GM to produce a motor to compete, they will have to sink R&D $ into the project, something they don't have and Ford has already done most of the R&D for new power plants.

Oh, and lets not forget the Boss when it arrives. I predict something close to an FR500C, only street legal...

Once again, it takes a tuner to compete with the GT500.

Here are some facts to consider, the Camaro is stock compression with the blower which means any more boost and the motor will detonate. I wonder how long it will last with regular strip use before the pieces fly. On the other hand, the ford 5.4 s/c has produced well above 1000hp with reliability because it was engineered for use with a s/c. In order for GM to produce a motor to compete, they will have to sink R&D $ into the project, something they don't have and Ford has already done most of the R&D for new power plants.

Oh, and lets not forget the Boss when it arrives. I predict something close to an FR500C, only street legal...

Let the muscle car wars begin!!!!

In order for GM to produce a motor to compete, they will have to sink R&D $ into the project, something they don't have and Ford has already done most of the R&D for new power plants.

GM has two supercharged engines in current vehicles:

LSA: 556 HP 6.2L in the Cadillac CTS-V

LS9: 636 HP 6.2L in the Corvette ZR1

Ford did the same with the GT500 in 2007. They took the motor from the Ford GT and "cheapened it up" a bit with an iron block, weaker cams, weaker internals, and a weaker blower.

Chevy can easily throw the LSA into a Camaro. GM has motors to compete, it's just a question of whether or not they will use them.

ls9-exploded-view_5965.jpg

1205465516612.jpg

GM has two supercharged engines in current vehicles:

LSA: 556 HP 6.2L in the Cadillac CTS-V

LS9: 636 HP 6.2L in the Corvette ZR1

Ford did the same with the GT500 in 2007. They took the motor from the Ford GT and "cheapened it up" a bit with an iron block, weaker cams, weaker internals, and a weaker blower.

Chevy can easily throw the LSA into a Camaro.

Wonder why GM didn't do just that...Maybe sidetracking the guzzler tax or saying that because they didn't put those high $$$ motors in to make the Camaro cheaper or any heavier than they already are?

Look, Hennessey had to do it (now costs much more than a GT500) for GM because GM couldn't or wouldn't to compete in some areas like price, fuel and weight.

Wonder why GM didn't do just that...Maybe sidetracking the guzzler tax or saying that because they didn't put those high $$$ motors in to make the Camaro cheaper or any heavier than they already are?

The CTS-V can be had for "only" $70k. If you consider the insane chassis it has, luxury appointments, technology, electronics, recaros.... you could easily chop $20k out of it, keeping the engine, and price a Z/28 at $50k imo.

A Z/28 with an LSA would weigh around 4,050, my guess. All doable. Lighter than the Challenger at least.

ChrisD, Remember any stats on the IRS Terminator? How do you think the Camaro would stack up against a dated Stang? All OEM of course.

The Cobra's are faster stock. Mid 12's @ 111. They were rated 390 at the crank but it was more like 425 considering they all made at least 360RW bone stock. So 3 more HP, 200 lbs less weight, much flatter torque curve. SS has nothing on the Cobra.

Archived