TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT Program to End

cobra2go

..Well first,this info doesn't shock me and second, I'm not really going to miss svt all that much(even though they have done a good job in past years),..because with the new very hott ,retro lookin stang,..we now have people like Carroll Shelby,Saleen and Rousch ,etc.,building the cars through Ford,..and I for one am looking forward to a "Real Shelby" influenced mustang,that will look cooler,meaner and lighter,..and out perform the current one coming out!!...Can't wait for the coming years!!..Yea baby!!...Its actually called out-sourcing,and that's what every major manufacturer does ,when they start getting deep into financial problems like Ford is,right now!!...But I see great things ahead,with the out-sourcing!!....I actually can see people trading their '07 (svt influenced shelby gt500) for a future real Carroll Shelby influenced mustang....Can't wait!! :bowdown:

The point everybody seems to miss is that SVT and ford racing are combining into one unit, in the end I see more and better products.

Good point. I hope you are right.

Amazing . . .

Think about the timing of this release.

MOST Dealers are already planning to rape consumers for this car.

Now it may be the "last SVT" product.

Can you say, "lets raise the ADM some more!"

I would really love to have one of these GT500's. But not at anything more than say, $500 over MSRP.

If that does not happen by the end of the production run, I won't have one.

I own a '96 Cobra free and clear. I will continue with the mods for now. (JMS chip needs reburned for 150 shot N2O on the dyno, complete my Eibach suspension system, then a T56 transmission swap)

Or, Factory Five has the 65 roadster MKIII kit car for about $14K. '96 Cobra as donor for powertrain, 2400 lbs. wet with me in it, should be a lot of fun!

Amazing . . .

Think about the timing of this release.

MOST Dealers are already planning to rape consumers for this car.

Now it may be the "last SVT" product.

Can you say, "lets raise the ADM some more!"

I would really love to have one of these GT500's. But not at anything more than say, $500 over MSRP.

If that does not happen by the end of the production run, I won't have one.

I own a '96 Cobra free and clear. I will continue with the mods for now. (JMS chip needs reburned for 150 shot N2O on the dyno, complete my Eibach suspension system, then a T56 transmission swap)

Or, Factory Five has the 65 roadster MKIII kit car for about $14K. '96 Cobra as donor for powertrain, 2400 lbs. wet with me in it, should be a lot of fun!

You can pick up completed Factory Five cars (ie: on ebay) for not so much $$$, and save alot of work for yourself.

And, yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the dealers: "Step right up, ladies & gentlemen! The last SVT product!!!! AND IT'S A SHELBY!!!!! A REAL LIVE SHELBY FOLKS!!!!!!!!!! Let's start the bidding @ $100k....do I hear 100??? 110???

Overall, I think if they let the engineers responsible for SVT products to keep working with the right resources, we might have a winner. But if they cut funding, we'll have a bunch of re-badged junk. Time will tell...

Since I do all of my own mechanic work, bolting the components from the '96 into a FFR roadster is actually attractive to me.

And almost all of the mods I have done to the '96 move to the FFR.

But it would certainly be nice to have that "new car smell" in a GT500!!!!

I wasn't shocked to find this article, but I think we all lose out on Ford's final decision on this one.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Colum...icleId=109512#3

This is my first post, but I have been following the various discussions for some time. I am on “the list” at a local dealership and anxious about the rumored demise of SVT and what that will mean, if anything, for the production of the GT500. So I got on the phone and called Ford SVT to ask some questions. Here is what I was told.

Q: A recent article in Edmunds claims SVT will cease to exist 4/1, is this true?

A: That is true

Q: What will become of SVT?

A: They will be rolled in to mainstream Ford

Q: Will the badging be changed on the GT500?

A: SVT badging will remain

Q: Will the GT500 even be produced?

A: We are committed to producing the GT500. There will be a 2-year run with between 7500 and 10,000 cars produced each year. No exact numbers yet.

Q: When is Job 1?

A: June. Coupes should start hitting the streets in the July/August timeframe.

Q: Will the MSRP come in at about $40K US for the coupe?

A: Yes

Q: I have heard the order guides will be available 3/13, is this true?

A: They should be available next week (wouldn’t give a specific date)

Q: When will production numbers and MSRP be released?

A: Hopefully soon

Some of this may be old news but it made me feel a little better to actually talk to someone about the car that knew more than my dealer. Hell everything my dealer knows about the car has come from info I’ve gleaned from all of you. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m going to need therapy when this is all over.

Archived