TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's taking their 40th to the Vegas Bash?

I just signed up for the bash and am planning on taking my 40th. Just need a trailer now. Anyone else?

I'll be there. Just trying to decide if I'll join the cruise in in L.A. or meet them half way in Barstow.

I'll be there. Just trying to decide if I'll join the cruise in in L.A. or meet them half way in Barstow.

Cool! I don't think I will make the LA cruise but will see you in Vegas. :happy feet:

Just a reminder that the L.A. to Vegas run starts at Carroll's SoCal facility where a good chunk of his personal car collection is housed. This collection is not open to the public but will be accessable to Team Shelby members the morning of the Vegas run.

Opportunities like this are rare and one never knows if this year will be the last. Just something to consider.

Steve

PS- And I'm sure the pre-bash get together will be even larger than last year.

If all goes well and we get our car to AZ before the snow flies, we'll be there with ours! Otherwise

it will be a rental, and we are having a hard time even thinking of doing that! :stop:

Please say a prayer that there will be no snow until after Nov 10th, and all will be good!!

Dan does this mean you are bringing the 40th? or are you going with the SS? :shift:

My post was in regards to the pre-bash get together being larger.

Not sure which Shelby I'm taking yet. The 40th is MUCH nicer for the cruise from LA to Vegas and the poker run, but the SS on the track is killer.

Not sure which Shelby I'm taking yet. The 40th is MUCH nicer for the cruise from LA to Vegas and the poker run, but the SS on the track is killer.

Dan (MY500SS),

Ask SAI if you can have the Shelby trailer store the SS from Gardena to Vegas. You and Marji can have the 40th for the cruise to Vegas and the Poker Run and the SS will be there for the track. Then only downside would be coming back, you both would have to drive.

Tom

Sounds like you need a friend to drive your truck and trailer over with the SS. Then you can drive the 40th. :shift:

Both great idea's, thanks Tom and Bob. As it stands, we will trailer the SS to Vegas, thus missing the cruise from LA to Vegas :cry: . It would look funny, a long beautiful line of Shelby's cruising down the hwy with my truck & trailer doing it's best to keep up, "wait for me guys".

Both great idea's, thanks Tom and Bob. As it stands, we will trailer the SS to Vegas, thus missing the cruise from LA to Vegas :cry: . It would look funny, a long beautiful line of Shelby's cruising down the hwy with my truck & trailer doing it's best to keep up, "wait for me guys".

Dan

If the cruise speed is the same as last year, you would have no problem keeping pace. If you remember last year we had the Shelby rig in the back of the pack.

MM

Good point. What's a few more hours to drive south?

You should do the whole thing.

We all stay at the Embassy Suites / LAX and get the party started early.

Also, we have a cruise from Norcal Wednesday morning. We meet at Casa de Fruita for breakfast. We had a blast on the ride down for the 2009 Bash.

MM

Dan

If the cruise speed is the same as last year, you would have no problem keeping pace. If you remember last year we had the Shelby rig in the back of the pack.

MM

Not only do you :shift: a cool car, you have a great memory. I forgot about the chase rig that SAI had following the group.

Well now, seems I may be in the cruise after all :yahoo: . I'll check with Robert or Sharon to see if this would be alright.

Thanks Michael.

Last year the Shelby rig was empty and we all met at Tommy's for lunch, even the Shelby rig. A call to SAI would be all it takes to see if they can store your SS for the cruise. If you do not want to do this, so what if you are a little late towing the SS. Marji will have a GREAT time with the bunch in the 40th. LOL

To me, the cruise is what started the 4 day event. We would miss both of you on the drive. We still have 3 months to figure this out.

Tom

Archived