TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any one else missing paint on a 2010? Pics Included

AVIATOR

Ahhhh that sucks. How did that not get picked up during final inspection? :headscratch:

Again, piss poor i say, piss poor! Another job 1. :censored:

There is no way every car is inspected. Maybe they inspect 1 out of every 10 or something? If some cars get out with a minor problem or two, I'd see where mistakes can be made. My car had 10+ issues and didn't even have fuel pressure when I bought it. My car was NOT inspected by anyone. I had fit/finish, mechanical, paint, and functional issues. My car even made it through PDI which proves PDI is a joke and not taken seriously, at least at Drew Ford in San Diego.

The sad part is it took me only 10 minutes to notice all this crap. $50k MSRP and 10 minutes couldn't be spared to inspect my car.

Aside from all my negativity towards the "inspection" process, Ford took care of me and I am happy now. Hopefully someone will lay down the hammer at AAI and fire anyone not pulling their weight.

Yes I actually posted about this a while back is yours Grabber Blue, mine was in the same area also take a real good look around the front grill inside corners and just below headlights front grill meets bumper you could see bleed through of black plastic.

Yes I actually posted about this a while back is yours Grabber Blue, mine was in the same area also take a real good look around the front grill inside corners and just below headlights front grill meets bumper you could see bleed through of black plastic.

Yeap Grabber Blue. I will take a closer look at the bumper in the morning.

Yeap, same friggin place that you mentioned.

that's terrible. have you spoke to the dealership where it was purchased from?..if so, what did they say?

Sent a email to the sales person today. No response as of yet. Will call tomorrow. Has been raining here ALOT in DFW. Cannot even take the car to *itch.

While I was working on the car the other day I noticed that I was missing paint. Maybe my car was painted on laundry day or something. These are pics of the Fog Light Well and the top of the well. OH MY!

Definitely another quality issue. As an FYI, earlier this year I looked at 2 KRs at my local dealership. One was silver/blue stripes and the other was blue/silver stripes. On the front left fender about 4" from the top and about 6" from the wheel well opening, the blue/silver car had a spot where they missed painting it about as big around as a pencil eraser. And of course the factory clear coated over the primer at this spot. That's what you get with a $85,000 sticker price.

The front bumper is definitely a major screwup on 2010 GT500's. I bet none are right. If you think yours is, look closer.

post-25617-1255023568_thumb.jpg

Here you go.

I did look at my fog light area. Yep this is a major weak spot for paint. I have paint and full coverage, but it is thin and has that orange peel look.

But as you can see I am one of the lucky ones as far as the fender bumper joint goes. And yes both sides are clean.

post-25617-1255023568_thumb.jpg

Here you go.

I did look at my fog light area. Yep this is a major weak spot for paint. I have paint and full coverage, but it is thin and has that orange peel look.

But as you can see I am one of the lucky ones as far as the fender bumper joint goes. And yes both sides are clean.

I've never seen the driver side with the issue yet, everyone has the prob on the passenger side. Post a pic!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it finally stopped raining here in Texas and I made it over to the dealership. Had the woman paged that sold me the car, when she came out she asked if I was the person looking for her. (Not a good sign).

Anyways she tells me that there is nothing that she can do for me and that I need to visit with the service advisor. I once again splain to this woman that we are beyond that. I advise her that I need to speak with the GM or the owner of the dealership. She says sorry that are not in and that they will just refer me to a SA. So, we go out to the SA and I she introduces me and then just splits. (Hows that for customer service).

So the SA really does not want to assist me, attemtps to get me to come back on Monday. I advise that I have a very busy schedule and remind him that I am the customer and that maybe he should come look at the car and take my issues to his supervisor. (BTW the Service Manager) Again how is that for customer service. The car has 1500 miles on it.

There are additonal issues that I have learned and have not posted:

1. Missing Paint in the wells of the fog lights. (PICS are posted and this thread started)

2. Missing paint in the lower corners where the grill meets the bumper.

3. The hood is not aligned properly. The space between the left side of the hood is dramatically larger (possibly as much as 1/4 inch if not more) than the right.

3. Facing the car where the bumber meets the hood, the gap is as much as 1/4 larger than the right.

4. Facing the car where the bumber meets the hood the left sits higher than the right.

5. Rear bumper, the right pertrudes 1/4 inch or more greater than the left where the bumber meets the rear quarter panel. The lines are totally off.

6. The gaps/lines in the door are different from side to side.

7. I have got the rusty butt like everyone else.

8. The white strips on the drivers seat are already fading away and you can see black leather through it.

9. Pealing paint on the right corner of the bumber where it meets the fender.

Oh, the other sales man comes out all happy and skippy "Hey how ya doing". I show him all the problems and ask him if he would be happy if he had paid such a premium for this car. Of course his response was no and he dissappeared.

So, I am really disgusted with my purchase of the 2010 GT500. It is sad as I was REALLY excited about this ride. Now I feel like a IDIOT for not looking over this car with a fine tooth comb. Not to mention the friggin sales people dont give a $hit!

So, am I over reacting or do I push the issue and tell the dealership that I want them to purchase the car back. Reallity is, this car will NEVER be right. Having them pull the front clip and painting it? IMO this will never match the car and technically I would have a car that has been partially reapainted.

Responses???

Well it finally stopped raining here in Texas and I made it over to the dealership. Had the woman paged that sold me the car, when she came out she asked if I was the person looking for her. (Not a good sign).

Anyways she tells me that there is nothing that she can do for me and that I need to visit with the service advisor. I once again splain to this woman that we are beyond that. I advise her that I need to speak with the GM or the owner of the dealership. She says sorry that are not in and that they will just refer me to a SA. So, we go out to the SA and I she introduces me and then just splits. (Hows that for customer service).

So the SA really does not want to assist me, attemtps to get me to come back on Monday. I advise that I have a very busy schedule and remind him that I am the customer and that maybe he should come look at the car and take my issues to his supervisor. (BTW the Service Manager) Again how is that for customer service. The car has 1500 miles on it.

There are additonal issues that I have learned and have not posted:

1. Missing Paint in the wells of the fog lights. (PICS are posted and this thread started)

2. Missing paint in the lower corners where the grill meets the bumper.

3. The hood is not aligned properly. The space between the left side of the hood is dramatically larger (possibly as much as 1/4 inch if not more) than the right.

3. Facing the car where the bumber meets the hood, the gap is as much as 1/4 larger than the right.

4. Facing the car where the bumber meets the hood the left sits higher than the right.

5. Rear bumper, the right pertrudes 1/4 inch or more greater than the left where the bumber meets the rear quarter panel. The lines are totally off.

6. The gaps/lines in the door are different from side to side.

7. I have got the rusty butt like everyone else.

8. The white strips on the drivers seat are already fading away and you can see black leather through it.

9. Pealing paint on the right corner of the bumber where it meets the fender.

Oh, the other sales man comes out all happy and skippy "Hey how ya doing". I show him all the problems and ask him if he would be happy if he had paid such a premium for this car. Of course his response was no and he dissappeared.

So, I am really disgusted with my purchase of the 2010 GT500. It is sad as I was REALLY excited about this ride. Now I feel like a IDIOT for not looking over this car with a fine tooth comb. Not to mention the friggin sales people dont give a $hit!

So, am I over reacting or do I push the issue and tell the dealership that I want them to purchase the car back. Reallity is, this car will NEVER be right. Having them pull the front clip and painting it? IMO this will never match the car and technically I would have a car that has been partially reapainted.

Responses???

hi aviator; sorry about all your problems. i dont have even close to all the problems you have with your grabber blue. i found the bumper gap peel on passenger side about a week after pikc up and took it staight to the dealer . i droped the car off the next morning and they called me back in three hours, looks perfect cant tell anything was ever wrong. so far only other thing is the chrom a/c vent. by the way where does your clutch grab at. grabber blue rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

The hell with the dealership.

1st, get names of everyone who would not help you, times and dates.

2nd call directly to Ford CS. I know they are not worth a shit when it comes to information about cars in production, however they take dealer complaints VERY serious. I made the mistake of telling a CS rep (that could not tell me JACK about my car in production) that my dealer had not called me back and I left a message 3 days ago..... 3hrs later my phone was ringing and it was the dealer, asking why I filed a complaint????

3rd. YES push this issue as far as you can. Call dealer everyday and document all conversations. I am really suprised at the dealer, this is a Ford issue not a dealer one.

4th. After everything is fixed. Ask to see the owner and when you do tell him to "F**K OFF!!!!" lol

#8: Clean the seat. I have to clean mine weekly. It isn't black leather you are seeing underneath, it's dirt. Get some leather cleaner and they will be as white as new.

As for quality, I agree. This 2010 GT500 has the WORST initial quality I have *ever* experienced on a new car. Absolutely terrible. SVT designed a wonderful car and it is then completely SCREWED by the slack jawed union punks who don't give a crap on the line. The UAW has got to go. Pay and job security should be performance based, not seniority based.

#8: Clean the seat. I have to clean mine weekly. It isn't black leather you are seeing underneath, it's dirt. Get some leather cleaner and they will be as white as new.

As for quality, I agree. This 2010 GT500 has the WORST initial quality I have *ever* experienced on a new car. Absolutely terrible. SVT designed a wonderful car and it is then completely SCREWED by the slack jawed union punks who don't give a crap on the line. The UAW has got to go. Pay and job security should be performance based, not seniority based.

Although I seem to have gotten a good one, I agree with you about the UAW. They gotta go. Unions ruin the country.

I agree with most of everyone that there are some quality issues, and it maybe very well that my car has some, but I put it into perspective this way. These cars come down the same line as all the other 2010 mustangs from V6's to our GT500's. There are probably the same issues with the V6's and GT's, but what I really bought this car for is the $17,000 engine in it. How many have had problems with their engines? I believe thats where the quality is and im good with that. Im not too mad about an 1/8" here or there, nothings perfect. Im just happy to have this car and will live with the imperfections....thats what makes it unique :)

Although I seem to have gotten a good one, I agree with you about the UAW. They gotta go. Unions ruin the country.

What ever! Union has done nothing but good for us. IAFF and proud!! Unions stood up for their people, before you go pointing fingers look at all the white collar guys gals who are not union members! Don't give me that shit about unions causing all this.

White collar crime, yeah that's right!

Say what you will but this union member stands tall!

IAFF L-134

Archived