TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help!! Importing Shelby GT... inadmissable???

olie_the_goalie_33

Not sure about the details of importing to Canada, but if they only need to verify the VIN number, you should be fine. The VIN number comes through as a Mustang GT (not a Shelby since it was modified after production).

Hopefully a Canadian Team Shelby member can weigh in with more details to help you out.

Good luck!

-yellow pony

Canada does not allow most Shelby's for some stupid reason.

Check out this thread. There are a lot of details on importing Shelby's to Canada towards the end of the thread. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...=33455&st=0

I would also PM QuickSilverShelby. He has spent a LOT of time on this issue. I believe he still has not been able to get his GT-H into Canada and it is currently in storage in Las Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...

We purchased an 08 SGT from michigan and imported it and it was no problem. All that we had to get done was get daytime running lights

---------------------------------------

2008 Shelby GT Convertible #1266 - Vista blue

Mods: Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby Aluminum Strut Tower Brace, Billet Gas Strut Hood Lift Kit, Fuse Box Top Cover, Map Light Accent, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket

We purchased an 08 SGT from michigan and imported it and it was no problem. All that we had to get done was get daytime running lights

Mods: Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby Aluminum Strut Tower Brace, Billet Gas Strut Hood Lift Kit, Fuse Box Top Cover, Map Light Accent, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket

Purchased mine brand new from dealer in NY State brought here home no problem to Ontario. 08SGT #1124 GT/SC

PJ

• 5 weeks later...

Brought my 07 SGT into Canada when I moved up from Portland. VIN comes up as Mustang GT - so you'll be good.

HOWEVER, if you NOW go look at RIV Canada, they've now included the car into the "Admissible" list! along with other models.

• 1 year later...

I just imported a Shelby GT500 in November 2010. I am from Winnipeg, Its my understanding If its been modified after release from the Ford Dealer you are SOL.

This means my Stock Mustangs are more Valuable............... :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

I imported a new 2011 GT500 into Canada (Ontario) with no problems at all (no mods). The GT500 is listed as admissible on the TC/RIV list. I needed to get the daytime light software mod which I knew about before hand. Had the local Ford dealer take care of the DRL software mod before the RIV part 2 inspection.

you will have no problems importing the gts,gt-h or 500.they have not had any mayjor mods done to them.just have to have the daytime running lite,s turned on,and motor vehical inspection done at a licenced shop.it is just the ones with major mods like the supersnakes.that is why shelby licenced hyland motors in ont. to do there mods up here to bypass the hassels

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the daytime running light were achieved on your 08 SGT? I just imported one, it does not have fog lights, and my Ford dealer is scratching his head as he usually uses the fog lights to make them into daytime running lights.

Thanks

Chris175

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the daytime running light were achieved on your 08 SGT? I just imported one, it does not have fog lights, and my Ford dealer is scratching his head as he usually uses the fog lights to make them into daytime running lights.

Thanks

Chris175

if they are not HDI lights ford will provide a code to turn the standard lights on. you will need to provide the importation proof. Your dealer need to contact ford tech support. My 07 gt500 lights were turned on with a code from ford.

Archived