TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN # ?

Spectre500

Hi everyone, just getting going on the Forums here and have a Q on the VIN#.

Someone told me the last 4 digits of the VIN is your production # is there any validity to this.

Thanks

Spectre500

2010, Torched, HID.

Deliveredpost-26299-1254492988_thumb.jpg 21 Sept 09

post-26299-1254492988_thumb.jpg

The last 6 digits is the Production Serial Number. This site lists what the VIN elements mean:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

Got it thanks,

Got another question for you can you decipher 140222, does that mean my GT500 was #222.?

Got it thanks,

Got another question for you can you decipher 140222, does that mean my GT500 was #222.?

Not positive, but I highly doubt it. The Production Serial Number is a sequential number assigned to every vehicle built by the assembly plant. The GT500 comes off of the same line as the V6 mustangs and the GTs as well.

I'm pretty sure how this works, the 1 in 140222 is sort of a "check digit" if production runs over 100k units this will change to a 2, yours was the 40222 mustang to recieve a vin# for the model yr. note they are not built in exact numeric order, example, 40350 could have been built before yours. the Ford Performance group can give exact numbers (as far as shelbys go) on what # your car is. They can be reached at 1-800-367-3788. you will need the last 6 digits of the vin#. note this information may not be available for the 10 models yet, they may be able to tell you when it will be. good luck and enjoy your shelby.

I'm pretty sure how this works, the 1 in 140222 is sort of a "check digit" if production runs over 100k units this will change to a 2, yours was the 40222 mustang to recieve a vin# for the model yr. note they are not built in exact numeric order, example, 40350 could have been built before yours. the Ford Performance group can give exact numbers (as far as shelbys go) on what # your car is. They can be reached at 1-800-367-3788. you will need the last 6 digits of the vin#. note this information may not be available for the 10 models yet, they may be able to tell you when it will be. good luck and enjoy your shelby.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Has anyone tried what exactly? Calling the 800 number? Yes, many, many members have called the 800 number and received the info on their cars. For $40 or $45 you can order a certificate that documents your cars sequence # in the GT500 production run as well as your cars sequence # in your cars color. As mention, however, Ford will not haved that info until 2010 MY production ends. 2011 prouction starts March 15, 2010 so I'd guess it'll be end or March/early April before Ford will have the data. Have the last 6 of your VIN handy when you call.

Archived