TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Revised" Axel Whine TSB 09-20-4

Grabber

Revised 9/28/09

Axel Whine TSB 09-20-4

tsb_09_20_04_Axel_Whine.pdf

PS

The revision is to update the model years to include the current one.

So if the holes are already pre-drilled there, it seems like they just "forgot" to install the dampers? Wow!

Thanks, Grabber.

Wags

Interesting. Looks like a new version of the old 'Moose Balls'.

Don't recall seeing those under mine, looks like more weight to me. Pedal on the right will take care of the whine :peelout:

They were installed on my car - the pair adds 10 lbs.

new_panhard.jpg

They are there for a reason.

Here's mine.

th_057.jpgth_056.jpg

They are installed to absorb "noise" and serve no other mechanical purpose. I can't hear any difference with them off. They are 10 lbs of useless dead weight, IMO. Mine are now stashed away for some purist to reinstall many years from now.

They are there for a reason.

This is true. They are there as a band-aid NVH fix. They are calibrated (by weight and location) specifically for the assembly as it left the assembly line. Once you change the axle ratio they (the OE 3.31 assembly ones) are worthless. At that point, by all means, round file them.

Tob

This is true. They are there as a band-aid NVH fix. They are calibrated (by weight and location) specifically for the assembly as it left the assembly line. Once you change the axle ratio they (the OE 3.31 assembly ones) are worthless. At that point, by all means, round file them.

Tob

Just like the Moose Balls on the other cars. Once the gears are swapped they are extra worthless.

They are installed to absorb "noise" and serve no other mechanical purpose. I can't hear any difference with them off. They are 10 lbs of useless dead weight, IMO. Mine are now stashed away for some purist to reinstall many years from now.

Yes that is why they are there.

Thank you.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mr Grabber :hysterical:

Archived