TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another dog rescued

RACERX009

My wife ended up finding a puppy sheperd in need of a home he's 4 months old and taking a licking from my other dog.

It's sad so many dogs in need of a home and also cats

I know what you mean, my wife, Jo, has been doing animal rescue for years, she even went to New Orleans after Katrina to help out. We have 3 rescue dogs (1 Chihuahua and 2 Basset hounds) and one cat that are rescue now. Never know whats coming next, but I have a soft heart for them and go along! Wish the Vets would take consideration on their charges when working on rescue animals!

Mike

Good for you guys. The world needs more of this.

Below is a picture of "Maxie" who was rescued from the mean streets of Los Angeles by one of Carroll's managers. She was rescued from behind the Gardena facility with a certain fate if it wasn't for this "manager". What you see below is six months of rehab, two major surgeries, a couple of thousand dollars of vet bills and much love by all involved.

She now resides with my family and everybody at Gardena can't believe the spirit that Maxie has been able to replenish and the love she gives back.

Steve

Dsc00690a.jpg

Dsc00690a.jpg

Good for you guys. The world needs more of this.

Below is a picture of "Maxie" who was rescued from the mean streets of Los Angeles by one of Carroll's managers. She was rescued from behind the Gardena facility with a certain fate if it wasn't for this "manager". What you see below is six months of rehab, two major surgeries, a couple of thousand dollars of vet bills and much love by all involved.

She now resides with my family and everybody at Gardena can't believe the spirit that Maxie has been able to replenish and the love she gives back.

Steve

Beautiful dog, I know she has added something special to your family.....

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hey be sick for a good month but like, I was saying it's a shame how these poor animals are treated my pet's are spoiled rotten. Then you watch animal planet and see these savages with these poor animals. They can't even feed or raise their children and they have to have a pet. Then we tax payers have to flip the bill as alway's.

Our present dog and 2 cats were rescued. So were our last 4 pets. Last Saturday I attended the Furry Friends Car Cruise in West Jordan, UT. It was a benefit for a Utah no kill shelter. They rescue animals from the local shelters and keep them until they adopt them out, however long that takes :happy feet:

There was no entry fee but they were soliciting donations of animal food, toys, blankets and cash. Numerous businesses donated items for an auction, too. We had about 150 hot rodders show up with their cars. We raised $3,608 in cash and a full sized pickup truck full of food, etc. Three dogs were also adpoted out that day. Like the local DJ who was broadcasting from there said, if you need it done, just acll a car guy :shift: We have raised over 100K so far this year for various local Utah charities:happy feet: :happy feet:

Gabe2009002.jpg

I am the black SGT in the middle. The cars on either side are both original 1966 GT350s. The gold hood w/LeMans stripes just over my roof is a 1968 Shelby GT350.

Gabe2009004.jpg

Chief, the sakteboarding bull dog from TV commercials was also there. He live in Lehi, UT and did 3-4 demos and was available all day for pics and petting. Off the board, he is just like any other dog.

Wonderful to see other members concerned about and helping animals! Thank you all.

Everything we own and have goes to animal charities when we pass and some of what i have now as well today. It is something we are very passionate about homeless animals in need. Best Friends sanctuary gets it all, the Terlingua home, land and the Terlingua itself someday. Plus anything else we have.

Keep up the great work all. We have a rescue dog and a rescue cat. Both can be seen on facebook via my spouse's account.

Thanks! :happy feet: :happy feet: to all who help.

VB

Archived