TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Who's Going to End Up With an 07' Shelby??

If it is true that the order guide will be out on Monday my dealer said we could put the order in and they are holding to the deal we made last year at MSRP. So I am very hopeful that it works out, but you never know. I have shown a lot of loyalty to this dealer as has #1 on the list so maybe it does work out. I hope everyone gets one that wants one at a price that works.

Okay, your Dealer was being honest with you in that he couldn't comit to MSRP. That being said, Market Price is a pretty vauge answer in itself. If the MSRP is $40,000US and the Market Price is $55,000US will you still Buy?

This wasn't meant to be a Dealer Bashing Thread. However, Ford should reign in those that take advantage. They have the ability to do so.

Me, I love my Dealer. I highly recommend them to anyone. That is my 'good story'!

I agree market price is vague, but it is also fair. And I didn't expect the dealer to be able to accurately predict supply and demand on this car when I got on their Shelby list (11 months ago).

Oh he11 no I will not pay 15K over MSRP for any car. I said in post #4 I will just wait for MSRP - which in my opinion will happen 9-12 months after the vehicles first go on sale.

As far as the dealer bashing goes I agree that dealers that are/were dishonest are bad for Ford's business (see post #20). And if MSRP or anything else a dealer was dishonest about was in writing - I would think there are legal options that could be pursued. However, I do differentiate between a dishonest dealer and a 'greedy' dealer. I don't fault a dealer for selling a vehicle at market price instead of MSRP because I fully expect to buy every vehicle at market price instead of MSRP. And I don't think there is anything Ford can do about a 'greedy', but honest dealer.

I agree market price is vague, but it is also fair. And I didn't expect the dealer to be able to accurately predict supply and demand on this car when I got on their Shelby list (11 months ago).

Oh he11 no I will not pay 15K over MSRP for any car. I said in post #4 I will just wait for MSRP - which in my opinion will happen 9-12 months after the vehicles first go on sale.

As far as the dealer bashing goes I agree that dealers that are/were dishonest are bad for Ford's business (see post #20). And if MSRP or anything else a dealer was dishonest about was in writing - I would think there are legal options that could be pursued. However, I do differentiate between a dishonest dealer and a 'greedy' dealer. I don't fault a dealer for selling a vehicle at market price instead of MSRP because I fully expect to buy every vehicle at market price instead of MSRP. And I don't think there is anything Ford can do about a 'greedy', but honest dealer.

Ford of Canada can 'pull' a Dealer's Certification for "Unbusinesslike Conduct". I'm sure that American Dealers are ruled under the same Ford Business Principle. However, how many Ford Dealers have been disbanded in this manner? :headscratch: I know of only one in Ontario.

So being realistic, anyone know of a decent dealer that would be willing to commit to a Shelby order at 3 to 5 over MSRP? I really don't care where in the lower 48 they are located, driving home a new Shelby would be one hell of a summer vacation.

I may be less than frugle with the $$ but would rather enjoy the car for the next year than wait a year to save $5k. Yes it will hurt, and the payments will be steep. I can afford it but will have to give up some things. But dammint, I have not lusted after any car like this one in a LONG time and this one is not going to get by. ;)

Ford of Canada can 'pull' a Dealer's Certification for "Unbusinesslike Conduct". I'm sure that American Dealers are ruled under the same Ford Business Principle. However, how many Ford Dealers have been disbanded in this manner? :headscratch: I know of only one in Ontario.

I am sure Ford could pull their certification from a dealership for unbusinesslike conduct. And I would bet if a dealer lied to a customer (especially if the lie was in writing) - that would constitute unbusinesslike conduct. But charging market price instead of MSRP would not, in my opinion, constitute unbusinesslike conduct. At least I don't see that when I look at Ford's Business Principles (http://www.ford.com/NR/fordcom/microsites/sustainability/2004-05/images/business-principles.pdf)

I am sure Ford could pull their certification from a dealership for unbusinesslike conduct. And I would bet if a dealer lied to a customer (especially if the lie was in writing) - that would constitute unbusinesslike conduct. But charging market price instead of MSRP would not, in my opinion, constitute unbusinesslike conduct. At least I don't see that when I look at Ford's Business Principles (http://www.ford.com/NR/fordcom/microsites/sustainability/2004-05/images/business-principles.pdf)

Good Find! :yup:

Everyone, make sure you bring a Copy of the Ford Business Principles when head to Your Dealer to sign on the Dotted.............. Line! :D

Not really much of a story since I do not have the vehicle yet. But I like Woodhouse Ford in Blair, Nebraska. My family has bought vehicles from Woodhouse for years. They are a very large dealership (despite the fact that they are located in a town many folks haven't heard of) so they are always able to beat any other Ford dealership's prices. And they were 100% straight with me on the Shelby. The Internet Sales Manager there is named Gerald Eskilsen and last April I contacted him about getting on their Shelby list. From day one he said it would be market price. I was trying to get MSRP, but he would only commit to market price. While that was not necessarily the answer I was looking for - I feel much better about shelling out 40K (whenever the Shelby starts going for MSRP) for a vehicle knowing that the dealership and the saleman has always been honest with me.

jbfreeman - I noticed that your dealership (Woodhouse Ford in Blair) has a Shelby convertible listed on EBAY - which according to them has already been ordered.

Archived