TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Real Bad Week For GM

shelbymotorsports

Wow nothing but bad news all week for GM.

First the GM-Ebay partnership goes bust. Millions of dollars in California advertising brings in fewer than 100 car sales. One person claims he bid and won six Pontaics and each time the dealer reneged on the deal saying they would not sell at that price.

Now Penske backs out of purchasing Saturn so GM says shut her down. Another orphan brand from GM.

Then today GM announces another 2,400 dealerships will be closed in the coming year.

And some of you still say there will be a Z28 Camaro :hysterical:

Steve

The ebay thing really asses me off! A couple times while searching ebay motors I have clicked the "make" pull-down and the only brands that show are GMs, WTF over? You can still back door your search but you have to search all then select the brand. :censored:

The ebay thing really asses me off! A couple times while searching ebay motors I have clicked the "make" pull-down and the only brands that show are GMs, WTF over? You can still back door your search but you have to search all then select the brand. :censored:

That was happening to me to.

Well, a GM shutdown would be bad for all of us....if Ford has no one to compete with in the muscle car arena, we may not get bigger, faster, better in the future....

Hell, Ford never did address a Corvette competitor, as they seem complacent with the Mustang and Pickup trucks. No more Excursion, no more taurus until this year, no more GT(supercar). What does that mean for us? I dont want to drive a Focus/Prius/Fiesta along with 300 million other americans a decade from now...

But leave it to GM- they do this to themselves:

H2 Hummer concept in 2000- awesome, and I would have been first in line...went to production and they ruined it.

Chevy Camaro concept in 2007- awesome and I already was in talks to line up one of those....then I saw the production photos...ruined.

I have promised my wife for over a year the chevy Volt....concept was just perfect looking....just saw production video of the car, and it looks like a prius screwed a cavalier....Im done with GM. :censored:

Maybe it is just time to down size........... Stop competing with other makes, produce a few good Looking BASIC Vehicles that perform. You don't need to produce 15 different Trucks and 20 different SUV/Crossovers. Get back to basics and start over.

Wow nothing but bad news all week for GM.

First the GM-Ebay partnership goes bust. Millions of dollars in California advertising brings in fewer than 100 car sales. One person claims he bid and won six Pontaics and each time the dealer reneged on the deal saying they would not sell at that price.

Now Penske backs out of purchasing Saturn so GM says shut her down. Another orphan brand from GM.

Then today GM announces another 2,400 dealerships will be closed in the coming year.

And some of you still say there will be a Z28 Camaro :hysterical:

Steve

Even worse news...

BUSINESS: General Motors U.S. September Sales Drop 45%. General Motors U.S. September Sales Drop... http://tinyurl.com/ydcrplt

I heard that the eBaY GM thing didn't directly sell a lot of cars, but a serious number of contemporary buyers said they started on eBaY and finished buying at a local dealer.

Seems to me they said the new car push was ended, but used cars will continue.

I have owned and -- of course -- liked a few GM cars, but that was in simpler days, when it didn't take a computer science degree to understand their workings, and the designers eyes were based in human perception, not comic books. Be a shame if GM founders. Heck of a drag on the society, even more than now.

Well, a GM shutdown would be bad for all of us....if Ford has no one to compete with in the muscle car arena, we may not get bigger, faster, better in the future....

Hell, Ford never did address a Corvette competitor, as they seem complacent with the Mustang and Pickup trucks. No more Excursion, no more taurus until this year, no more GT(supercar). What does that mean for us? I dont want to drive a Focus/Prius/Fiesta along with 300 million other americans a decade from now...

But leave it to GM- they do this to themselves:

H2 Hummer concept in 2000- awesome, and I would have been first in line...went to production and they ruined it.

Chevy Camaro concept in 2007- awesome and I already was in talks to line up one of those....then I saw the production photos...ruined.

I have promised my wife for over a year the chevy Volt....concept was just perfect looking....just saw production video of the car, and it looks like a prius screwed a cavalier....Im done with GM. :censored:

:hysterical2:

Ok, thats a new term to me. :hysterical:

The post first post stated there would not be a Z28. Just wondered if you agreed?

I could really care less if it gets released or not, I am also one of the people that wished we would have let them flop in the begining. The way I feel about it is this: If my business was in trouble, the govt. would wave me goodbye and never look twice. Also, IMHO the gov't has no business in our personal lives or our industries. Plus its a chevy, yuk.

Chris

Archived