TEAM SHELBY FORUM

just got back from the dealer and.....

MikeBolk

ok so i just got back from the dealer... i brought it in for them to look at a few cosmetic issues... the stripes are faded to hell (i know known issue) the paint is bubbling around the hood pins and the scoop is begining to lift in the middle (also known issue) now the dealer hasnt had any of these come back to them... so they were not very informative.. all he was able to tell me was that he was going to send pictures to shelby and await there decisions... can anyone tell me what there experience has been with this process??

I finally took my 07 SGT in for new hood scoop. I didn't even mentione the stripe.

The dealership was great. In fact, he said they would also replace the hood stripe. It has taken over a month for the stripes to come in. The hood scoop was there in about a week.

I will take it in on Monday for the work to be done. They are going to contract it out to an auto body shop in town to do all the work.

Supposed to take about 4 days as the stripes have to cure for a few days before the scoop is replaced.

If the completed work is as good as the service, then I will be one happy camper.

I haven't had any of the other problems you listed.

I think that I would take it to another dealership that has its act together

Good Luck.

just got off the phone with ford racing... they told me it shouldnt be an issue... but the dealer has the wrong info as to were to send the pictures or they just told me they were going to send them to shelby to make it sound better... soooooo i called the dealer and left a message now im waiting on them to call me back

All of the "SHELBY" modifications that were completed are handled through Ford Racing Warranty. . . . . The dealer initiates the warranty claim, then sends everything to Ford Racing. . . . . Ford Racing then contacts Shelby Automobiles Inc. and orders the necessary parts to complete the warranty work. I actually called Ford Racing on my own and started my own warranty claim for the hood scoop / stripes issues. . . . . the Ford Racing warranty folks simply asked me which dealership I was going to work with and forwarded all the info to that dealership.

After the dealership received the info - they asked me to bring my SGT down to them - they verified everything - and the warranty claim was good to go. I should mention - the dealership was a little lost as to how I had a pre-approved warranty claim with Ford Racing when they (the dealership) had not even seen my SGT.

All-in-all - it was a good experience. I have not had one single problem with the scoop/stripes since this warranty work was complete.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Trevor

I took mine in for hood pins, and got the same thing you did. Apparently they sent pictures to Shelby and waited for SAI to verify that the hood pins were in fact a "warranty issue" this took about a month. Eventually after several persistent phone calls to my dealership, Shelby ok'ed the hood pin replacement and they were replaced under warranty

I just recently had my stripes replaced through my Ford dealer were I bought it.

I filed a warrenty claim before I reached 12,000 miles to avoid any issues

of mileage. I seen talk on here you cant get them replaced after 12k and some

say you can, so I didnt take any chances.

They wanted photos of all the bad areas that I could get a good shot of. Some

shots didnt look all that bad in the photo, but were terrible to look at. I took

shots from different angles to make it show up in the photo.

I also put a small video clip on the cd of the bad areas. I burned all these

to a cd and gave it to my dealer.

About 2 months after I filed my claim, I got a call from the dealer

telling me that the stripes and new scoop were in.

The dealer said he wasn't comfortable doing the stripe replacement at there body

shop and set up an appointment with a local vinyl installer that has been doing

vinyl decals and stripes on cars for quite a while. I thanked him for telling me

that he wanted to have them done at the vinyl shop.

I delivered the car on a tuesday and had the it back 8 days later.

The stripes look great and the new scoop looks great too.

My only issue is the new scoop must be slightly smaller, (at least narrower)

the new rivets have pushed through the hood insulation. Not sure what

I will do with that yet. Other than that it all looks great!! The new stripes

actually have a shine. I ask the installer if they clearcoated them and they

told me that they were coated from Shelby. I wrote SAI and ask for the proper

care of the new stripes about 3 weeks ago and still didnt get a reply. :(

The bottom line was that I had my car to drive while waiting for the new stripes

and it only took a little over a week to get the car back from replacing stripes

and scoop.

Good Luck,

Phil from Pa.

whole_car_before.JPGwhole_car_after.JPG

Hood_at_windshield_before.jpgHood_at_windshield_after.jpg

Roof_before.JPGRoof_after.JPG

Trunk_Lid_before.JPGTrunk_Lid_after.JPG

Rivets_through_insulation_after.jpg

Hood_at_windshield_after.jpg

Hood_at_windshield_before.jpg

Roof_after.JPG

Roof_before.JPG

Trunk_Lid_after.JPG

Trunk_Lid_before.JPG

whole_car_after.JPG

whole_car_before.JPG

Rivets_through_insulation_after.jpg

I finally found someone I trust to do my stripes, but he tells me that Shelby only wants to do the scoop and the hood stripes, and not the stripes on the rest of the car. I can't imagine that they would even come close to matching! This guy (who is in our club and I trust) gave me the impression he was dealing with Shelby. I am thinking about trying to send some more pics since the roof is bad and the trunk is a little questionable.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to get approval for a complete set of stripes???

Anyone have any recommendations on how to get approval for a complete set of stripes???

im gunna say call ford racing... they were very nice when i talked to them today... they made it sound like it wont be a problem to get eveything replaced.. 1800-367-3788 i talked to jeff...he was cool told me exactly what to do....

All of the "SHELBY" modifications that were completed are handled through Ford Racing Warranty. . . . . The dealer initiates the warranty claim, then sends everything to Ford Racing. . . . . Ford Racing then contacts Shelby Automobiles Inc. and orders the necessary parts to complete the warranty work. I actually called Ford Racing on my own and started my own warranty claim for the hood scoop / stripes issues. . . . . the Ford Racing warranty folks simply asked me which dealership I was going to work with and forwarded all the info to that dealership.

After the dealership received the info - they asked me to bring my SGT down to them - they verified everything - and the warranty claim was good to go. I should mention - the dealership was a little lost as to how I had a pre-approved warranty claim with Ford Racing when they (the dealership) had not even seen my SGT.

All-in-all - it was a good experience. I have not had one single problem with the scoop/stripes since this warranty work was complete.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Trevor

So should we start the process with Ford, or let the dealer do it??

+1 about Jeff at Ford Racing!

He's who I spoke with when I began my hood stripes/scoop warranty claim. I didn't know where to start. I assumed I was supposed to initiate the warranty somehow or another. I called what I thought was Ford Warranty and ended up speaking with Jeff @ Ford Racing Warranty Dept.

I hope that the rest of the stripes will be covered for you. Otherwise - some here have decided to invest some out of pocket $$$ to simply have a body shop paint the stripes over the top of the car. The vinyl rocker stripes should be ok as they are.

Painted stripes = buh bye to the faded, water spotted, vinyl stripes problem.

Archived