TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm back, Settled in Texas

MarkGT08

Sorry Ladies and Gents. I know I've been gone awhile, but life after the big move to Texas has been hectic. We are finally settling in; new house, another new car and a baby with two new teeth.

Anyway, McKinney, Texas is our home now. My Grabber Orange is safely in the garage after the marathon 21 hour drive from Chino Hills, CA to Texas. The side scoop is fixed and repainted. I drove the Shelby for only the third time since June 27, and it felt good to feel some acceleration again. To keep the miles off the Shelby, though, I bought something to commute back and forth to work in.

Soooooooo anyyywaaaaay, I bought a Honda Insight Hybrid. It actually has a 1.3 Litre engine (smaller than my Harley), and gets over 50 Miles per gallon (also more than my Harley). Its actually sort of fun to drive, in a "high tech pinball machine" sort of way. It has hardly any acceleration, but now the goal is to max out the MPG meter.

Anyway, back to the Shelby..... And here is the puzzle.

So, yesterday, after I got back from my third drive in the Shelby and I was dusting off the car, and I noticed THIS missing stripe from under the right side scoop.

post-24803-1254271703_thumb.jpg

The left side is fine

post-24803-1254271733_thumb.jpg

The stripe used to be there. I have older pictures of it there. It's weird. I never have parked the Shelby anywhere but in my own garage, and once in the parking garage at work, with security gaurds, etc. And there is absolutely no residue where the stripe used to be, no glue, no sticky, no dirt. It's shiny and looks like there never was a stripe there. Did I drive so fast that it flew off?

So any suggestions on how to get it replaced? Do I have to go to a Ford Dealer and through the whole paperwork issue, or will Shelby just sell me a new stripe? I can install it myself.

What's my best move? Aftermarket?

Mark

Sorry Ladies and Gents. I know I've been gone awhile, but life after the big move to Texas has been hectic. We are finally settling in; new house, another new car and a baby with two new teeth.

Anyway, McKinney, Texas is our home now. My Grabber Orange is safely in the garage after the marathon 21 hour drive from Chino Hills, CA to Texas. The side scoop is fixed and repainted. I drove the Shelby for only the third time since June 27, and it felt good to feel some acceleration again. To keep the miles off the Shelby, though, I bought something to commute back and forth to work in.

Soooooooo anyyywaaaaay, I bought a Honda Insight Hybrid. It actually has a 1.3 Litre engine (smaller than my Harley), and gets over 50 Miles per gallon (also more than my Harley). Its actually sort of fun to drive, in a "high tech pinball machine" sort of way. It has hardly any acceleration, but now the goal is to max out the MPG meter.

So, yesterday, after I got back from my third drive in the Shelby and I was dusting off the car, and I noticed THIS missing stripe from under the right side scoop.

rightstripe.JPG

The left side is fine

leftstrip.JPG

The stripe used to be there. I have older pictures of it there. It's weird. I never have parked the Shelby anywhere but in my own garage, and once in the parking garage at work, with security gaurds, etc. And there is absolutely no residue where the stripe used to be, no glue, no sticky, no dirt. It's shiny and looks like there never was a stripe there. Did I drive so fast that it flew off?

So any suggestions on how to get it replaced? Do I have to go to a Ford Dealer and through the whole paperwork issue, or will Shelby just sell me a new stripe? I can install it myself.

Mark

Didn't pass through Roswell NM did you? Strange things have happened there. :jackinbox:

Just a thought ...but would the dealer do something as dumb as to remove that stripe when they were fixing the side scoop? Hmmmmmm :glare:

+1 They probably hit it and nicked it with a tool etc and figured you wouldn't notice?

The stripe comes as part of a set... $$$

You could have a piece cut at any auto stripe shop and see if thy can match but I think you might want to call the dealership and DEMAND it be fixed. Of course now that you took it they may deny they did it....after all they didn't come clean. Of course this could have just been some Yo Yo in the shop that F-d up and didn't tell anyone too.

The left side is fine

Mark

Wow!

rightstripe.JPG

The left side is fine

leftstrip.JPG

Mark

McKinney, you are almost next door...I'm in Parker or at least my Shelby is. lol I'm in Florida at the moment but missing my baby. Go have dinner at Twin Peaks, lol

Archived