TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1967 Continental Divide Trans-Am

Frank S

Very cool, wish I was old enough to be there for that history, wait, I wasn't born yet for another year. Anyhow, funny that CDR actually still exists in parts. Friend went out there last month. There's now trees growing through asphalt where the front straight away used to be. I'll try to get some pics. I'm really looking forward to going to VIR this weekend where the return of the Sunoco Camaro will be racing side by side with Mustangs and a Challenger painted like an old Trans-Am car. It will be like 1969 all over again but with new cars and the factories battling. I'll get as many pics as I can! Can't wait.

Funny that you bring up this thread now. When you read that article, you also see Ronnie Bucknum mentioned. In 1969 he and Mark Donohue were the two drivers for the Penske-Sunoco Camaros. Their sons, David Donohue and Jeff Bucknum are the co-drivers for the Stevenson crew this weekend driving the #6 Sunoco Camaro, painted in 1969 livery. Should be a very cool, historical weekend. The Challenger will be painted in the 1969 Blue/Black top combination. I've sent the Rehagan bunch a request to have a Boss 302 C-stripe put on their Orange Mustang. Should be some great shots!

Funny that you bring up this thread now. When you read that article, you also see Ronnie Bucknum mentioned. In 1969 he and Mark Donohue were the two drivers for the Penske-Sunoco Camaros. Their sons, David Donohue and Jeff Bucknum are the co-drivers for the Stevenson crew this weekend driving the #6 Sunoco Camaro, painted in 1969 livery. Should be a very cool, historical weekend. The Challenger will be painted in the 1969 Blue/Black top combination. I've sent the Rehagan bunch a request to have a Boss 302 C-stripe put on their Orange Mustang. Should be some great shots!

I envy you that opportunity; what a treat that will be! Trans Am was the best racing series ever, my view. Wouldn't it be nice if those modern "exhibition" events could coalesce into a real circuit? Plenty of potential racers out there.

Any chance you would make it to the Petersen Trans Am Tribute, November 12?

Trans Am Dinner

The Trans Am was a fantastic racing series and would be great to see cars back on the track

that are actual recognizable shapes.

The Peterson hosts some fantastic events;I enjoy the members nights when they open the vault!

Thanks for sharing the story

Doc

A very fun read, thanks for sharing the link.

I gonna have to spend a bit more time browsing that site too.

Y'know, when you find the best of the best, such as here (Shelby Terlingua) and there (The Nostalgia Forum) You have to stick with them. They can be dangerous, though, gobbling up all the time you are willing to let them have ...

Archived