TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clive Cussler Museum tour 260-Sep-2009 Photos

twobjshelbys

OK, I think I have sorted and adjusted them. I'll be posting for a while so please hold off until I give the all clear.

As a little background Clive Cussler is one of our favorite authors. He started with the Dirk Pitt series. I've read a few of his others and am eagerly awaiting next Isaac Bell book (coming in November).

WHen he "got rich" from his books he started doing real investigations. His NUMA (National Underwater Marine Agency) which is a real group of his friends and associates, was responsible for locating, among others, the Confederate submarine Hunley. My best friend from college (Bill) was there too although I don't know if they were connected since his site says divers are not volunteers. (Bill passed away from colon cancer, so please get the exam).

For those that have read Cussler's Dirk Pitt books you know that every one contains a link to one or more exotic cars. Like a Hispano-Suiza or a Pierce Arrow. He used his books to start buying cars and fortunately for us, most of them are housed in another little warehouse in Colorado.

The Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club managed to get to go along with several other car clubs on Saturday. The museum is open seasonally and I think the last days are this coming week until next spring.

The building is organized so that when you go in you start with his second collection. THere are about 50 or so purely classic 1950's convertibles. After you drool (they ask you not do that) then you go to the classics. I'll start the pictures with the convertibles.

Enjoy.

P.S. There are just too many pictures to do much editorializing, and I'm trying to post these to three sites, so please be patient.